The Histories of Lusternia: Audiobook Version

Comments

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Thank you all for your lovely comments <3 I'm so glad that people have liked something that I genuinely started doing just for my own enjoyment.

I'm attempting to work on Clangorum at the moment, but RL has kicked my arse the past couple of weeks due to long-term illness rearing its ugly, irritating head. Thankfully I'm on the mend now, but that doesn't make Clangorum any the less hefty to tackle!

Whilst I'm wary of promising deadlines, I'm hoping to finish it within the week - and hopefully once I've gotten it out of the way, the others will flow a bit faster...I've been scared of this one for a while ;) It will be in two parts due to its length.
    edited February 2014
    History of the Elder Wars: Book of Clangorum (Part 1)

Volkh :'(

Also, more of Orlachmar being awesome.
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    Your voice is amazing. I've only heard your reading of the Book of Tae so far but it was marvelous. I love the nuances you add to each character's voice - I can hear the rumbling self-importance of Tae and the sweeter, more vulnerable voice of Bollikin so clearly.

When I read things out loud, people just tell me I should do those tapes that help people go to sleep. u__u

edited February 2014
    So.

I've been pretty terrified of this one, for a couple of reasons. Firstly, Nocht. To whom I can, like with Shikari and Fain, only apologise that my vocal chords do not twist into the voice he has in my head. Secondly, the Maeve - who as we all know (or will find from the audiobook) were sung into creation.

So, yes. There is singing.

It turns out the Book of Krokano is even longer than this one, so it will also come in two parts.
    Just a brief update to apologise for the lack of a new book for a while - as some of you may know at the end of January I started studying for a MA and my first essay deadline is coming up next week, so I've been preoccupied with that (and all manner of other things) lately.

I'm hoping by the end of this week to have at least the first half of Krokano done, but as always no promises :)

So again, sorry for the delay! Keep being patient, and know that every bit of positive feedback I get on these makes me bounce around the room with happy <3
    edited February 2014
    There may not be singing, or beautiful whispering gods in this one - but there is Lantra <3. And perhaps more notably, there's an oddly succinct Eventru. Please ignore the irony in the part where his voice is described as masculine directly after my very clearly feminine voice has spoken. ;)

History of the Elder Wars: Book of Krokano (Part 1)

PS: I should warn you that Malmydia might give you nightmares. I got creeped out just reading her.
    edited February 2014
    History of the Elder Wars: Book of Krokano (Part 2)

With profuse apologies for the delay, since Real Life reared up its ugly head again and kicked my arse. Things have hopefully settled a bit now so onwards to Elfenehoala!
    ...guess what I'm prooflistening right now! Book of Elfenehoala incoming in about an hour or so :)
    edited February 2014
    History of the Elder Wars: Book of Elfenehoala (Part 1)

And there it is! There will hopefully not be a three month gap between this and the next one ;)
  • o_o What have I been missing out on. (Augh I'm downloading these soon as I'm no longer using other people's bandwidth.)
    Active: Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday EST

edited February 2014
    History of the Elder Wars: Book of Elfenehoala (Part 2)

So...Kalikai. May have come out slightly more South London (pronounced 'sarf Lundun') than I intended. I sort of like it.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Cockneykai!

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    "Now, let's crash Fain's little masked ball!" she bellowed.

*Eastenders closing theme
    edited February 2014
    I had so much fun voicing Kalikai that I charged straight on into the next book.

There is a sneak peak of Drocilla in this one. Mmm, Drocilla.
  • I must listen to your Malmydia and Drocilla.
    There's delicious crazy Malmydia in some of the earlier books. I don't believe she says a great deal in the sentencing, but that's okay, it's made up for by Drocilla <3

Look forward to that in the second half of Igaso! :D
    edited February 2014
    History of the Elder Wars: Book of Igaso (Part 2)

I owe a belated apology for my total inability to pronounce Manteekan several recordings back. It is, I believe, achieved much more correctly in this one.

Also, Drocilla. And Mysrai! (On whom I attempted to put an echo effect, but alas that just came out as really annoying to listen to...)
    edited February 2014
    Surprise bonus to today's uploading.

Try and listen to it without crying along with me. I dare you.
  • Tacita said:

Do not want. :(
  • Tacita said:

I couldn't do it :(
  • So.... I can play Lusternia and listen to the lore at the same time. Geez what a hard life.
    Thanks alot for this Tacita.
     P.S You have an awesome accent lol
  • If IRE hasn't already given you credits for this, they need to.
    edited February 2014
    History of the Elder Wars: Book of Xyl

Only one more to go! I really must reiterate just how much fun it has been to do these, and how much I have been spurred on by all of the lovely comments from people. I feel very strongly now that fan-created works like these have a huge amount to offer to game communities such as ours, and the fact that it has been supported by both admin and community feels really promising to me.

I hope that as well as enjoying these, people start to think outside the boundaries of their contributions to the community. This is much more than just a game - it is a hugely varied group of individuals who have a shared love, and the idea that we can all work together in new and unique ways to grow that shared love is really exciting to me. It doesn't matter whether you are an admin or a player; the validity of your contributions should never be demeaned by the manner in which you traditionally interact with the community, nor should it limit the breadth of your ideas.

Create things. Make YouTube videos, draw comics, hold talks on things that interest you, contribute to the forums, make friends and enjoy yourself - because Lusternia is so much more than a game, and if you tap into everything it has to offer you then I promise you will reap a huge amount of reward.

:)

(And in response to Marcella's post - I am always uncomfortable discussing it, because I still feel awkward about being "paid" to do something that I am doing voluntarily and for fun, but yes - Estarra has been giving me credits for every bit of recording I've done. I'm sorry my awkwardness prevented me from saying so before - I definitely don't want anyone to be of the impression that the administration haven't been 1000% amazing throughout all of this!) 
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    And now, the Taint Wars!

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Noooo!  Time Dames!
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Every events post!!!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I'm imagining the events posts being read by Tom Brokaw, with that nifty intro music and everything.