Character Flaws

2»

Comments

• Tendency to deal with problems by avoiding them.
  • Depression, lack of self-confidence, anxiety, and most lately, horrible forgetfulness (I got in a car accident back in March, everything's been a little rattled up there since!)

• Is overly self-critical.
    • A worrywart when it comes to family and friends.
    • A bad temper, but avoids confrontation unless feeling cornered. Also, holds onto grudges for a long time.

I think that pretty much sums up the character flaws that Iorwen and I share.

• edited June 2013
    Sort of a perfectionist. I throw away things when something goes wrong, even if logically I understand that the thing isn't ruined...
    This applies to characters too. 

I'm working on it :-/

Edit:
    Oh, and difficulty re-integrating with a character or project if I leave it alone for awhile, which I've finally gotten over. Turns out comments aren't just good for annotating code.
  • Profound and abject laziness.
  • edited June 2013
    lack of ability to be genuinely nice to people and smile at them plus a lack of patience. And talking to much. 

those tend to leak into Xeria's personality.
    is dead like the dodo
  • I just noticed this one while texting a friend about Path of Exile.

I enjoy being surrounded by expendable minions.
  • Yeah, major depression here, too. Kind of shows in my characters, but you knew that already, no doubt.

On a more positive note, I find myself being very generous both IRL and IC.
  • Now that I read it here, I realised that I also worry a lot and have low self-esteem. And I hate when somebody is mad at me, no matter whether it was my fault or not.

So summed up, I always worry that I might have done something wrong which will cause others to be mad at me...
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    The good thing is that nobody is mad at you.  So you don't have to worry about that just now!
  • KioKio
    edited June 2013

Aerdiya said:
    Now that I read it here, I realised that I also worry a lot and have low self-esteem. And I hate when somebody is mad at me, no matter whether it was my fault or not.

So summed up, I always worry that I might have done something wrong which will cause others to be mad at me...
    I'm mad at you.  How dare you let Mork and Iorwen snatch you so quick! :(
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Kio said:

Aerdiya said:
    Now that I read it here, I realised that I also worry a lot and have low self-esteem. And I hate when somebody is mad at me, no matter whether it was my fault or not.

I'm mad at you.  How dare you let Mork and Iorwen snatch you so quick! :(
    Quick?! Do you have any idea how long we procrastinated on this one.

Besides we knew she was ours before Mork and Iorwen even said "I do."

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Massive depression and procrastination/apathy/laziness.
  • We're all procrastinators deep down ;)
  • edited June 2013

Hindsight, easily worked up into a maniac frenzy of joy and excitement, which then blows up in my face and when doing anything I find entertaining or amusing. In other words I'm like a furrikin on kafe. And bad humor, really bad humor, along with short bouts of depression when there is no one to annoy or talk to.

• IRL, I have very low self-esteem, problems with speaking sometimes, doubt about myself when I try to do something, I can get angry really fast and lash out at people (trying real hard to be calm though). These things tend to slip into Anita sometimes, when she's supposed to be this happy, busy, go-to person. And calm. I find my speech problem sometimes slipping into my typing-talk, and it gets to me sometimes where I freak out about it.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I think of the most random things. This translates to getting chatty on clans.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Ev inherited his horrendous memory from me. If Ev can't remember something, it's because -I- can't remember it.

Also, as an INFJ, I take all conflict personally.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • It's okay.  We already know you're probably Mork's son.
  • Being Celestian, I probably shouldn't admit to character flaws, but you may have noticed that I tend to rush in where I'm not quite capable. Also a seething mountain of tightly controlled anger bubbling beneath the surface.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • On the rare occasions when I actually get mad, it comes out in character. I try not to, but I get nasty when I'm mad.

I'm also completely unmotivated 95% of the time. Then I get crazy with it when I do find some motivation, and the poor Star Council gets to suffer multiple posts for it, or the design queue... et cetera.
  • Appropriate!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Zvoltz said:

God complex.

Not as shocking as I might have hoped.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    News flash: Zvoltz is not as shocking as hoped.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Shikari said:
    When people make me upset, I string up their corpses on telephone poles.
    Plural due to the fact it's one corpse dismembered across several poles right?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Morkarion said:
    Shikari said:
    When people make me upset, I string up their corpses on telephone poles.
    Plural due to the fact it's one corpse dismembered across several poles right?
    Oh absolutely.