IronCon Arrivals and Cab Arrangements

This post is mostly relevant to people staying at the Hampton Inn Las Vegas Airport, but anyone can feel free to jump in. I thought it would make sense to try to arrange cab sharing from the airport to the hotel for people arriving at the same time. I checked the hotel directions and it's 4 miles from the airport, which is roughly a $20 cab ride. I'm not so sure I'd want to walk that distance in the Vegas heat either, not after just landing anyways.

My plane is going to land at 2pm. If anyone's arriving around that time then let's share a cab!

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Uh....

I believe that there is a complimentary shuttle service, which will save you having to catch a cab.
  • Really! They made that very well hidden on the hotel website. Well if we can find this shuttle then that would be the best way.
    The hotel website says in multiple places that they have a shuttle.

They just neglect to give details.

I was actually planning to call tonight to get relevant information (at the time you are arriving they may very well have the shuttle circling already, but when I get there I really doubt it will be).
    Calling them up netted the following details:
    When you arrive at the airport, do the following.
    1) Pick up your bags, and
    2) Call the number on their web page to say you are ready for a pickup.

Easy!
  • Gods and mortals in the same hotel?! I guess this means the party can go on even after 2 AM.
    I think a lot of us picked the same place.  Matt was really playing it up in the emails.

Sojiro apparently wanted to be the odd-man-out.

Also, the prices there were pretty nice!  Unlike my airfare...
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Hey man, I paid about $75 total for my hotel stay. I feel like the savings can only translate into gambling winnings and drinks.

But really, I arrive in Vegas Thursday, and I figure I won't be seeing anyone until the next day.

...Unless someone else comes in early and wants to come play and WIN (NOT LOSE) at craps that night. 

Or eat. 

Or anything. 

Help I'm lonely and Krellan can't be there for me until tomorrow.
    My plane lands at around 9:47 Thursday night.

I'm getting a shuttle to the hotel at that point.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Okay, now that it's Thursday, I'm gonna be arriving in Vegas tonight at about 9-10 ish. Then I'll probably go walk around, and by walk around, I mean gamble and enjoy drinks.

Unless someone else wants to come hang out and check stuff out with me.

If anyone else is already there and would like to meet up for drinks or a late dinner before the festivities tomorrow, I'm down.

Let me know via PM or message or whatever.
    I arrive at a bit before 10 tonight, myself. Probably going to hit the hotel given that work kept me all night (zzz), but would like to meet up tomorrow! IronCon starts so late.
  • edited July 2013
    Be prepared, its a cool 108F here currently.
    edited July 2013
    The landing approach at night is rather impressive. And flashy. So very flashy.

Hello, Vegas.

Edit: It is just a little warm, isn't it?
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    http://news.yahoo.com/las-vegas-thunderstorm-brings-high-water-strip-044758123.html

^- Flooding and a really bad storm in Vegas? Power outages?

Are you guys okay?
  • As far as I know ( And I would hope I would know) everyone is fine. There is such a great story to all of this but I will keep to my newest mantra "What happens in Vegas..."  Or rather, if anyone else wishes to share the adventure I just ask that it be told as an epic. That is all. But yeah it was crazy time and weather but we all got out of it just fine.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Knorrith said:
    As far as I know ( And I would hope I would know) everyone is fine. There is such a great story to all of this but I will keep to my newest mantra "What happens in Vegas..."  Or rather, if anyone else wishes to share the adventure I just ask that it be told as an epic. That is all. But yeah it was crazy time and weather but we all got out of it just fine.
    Glad to hear you're all okay.
    Zouviqil said:
    http://news.yahoo.com/las-vegas-thunderstorm-brings-high-water-strip-044758123.html

^- Flooding and a really bad storm in Vegas? Power outages?

Are you guys okay?
    It turned into multiple awesome adventures. ;)  Except for 2 people who hydroplaned from the airport to their hotel, but perhaps that was awesome in its own way.
  • Second day of IronCon! Been having a blast meeting the players and throwing my high heels at them! Today, we'll decide the fate of combat in Lusternia... not a joke...
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    You've got the biggest sources of Ectoplasm, Inquisition, Reality, Pincharge and Garahtisho all in one room, what could possibly go wrong...

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Holy. Crap. 'dem changes.....
    Changes, changes, everywhere.
    It's because of war.

War changes everything.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Puberty.  It's a trap.

^-- This card totally won.  Woo.
    Goddamnit, someone film these CAH games!

• Morkarion said:
    You've got the biggest sources of Ectoplasm, Inquisition, Reality, Pincharge and Garahtisho all in one room, what could possibly go wrong...
    Gahtirak'sho  * ^-^
    -----

Nilofer says, "Xena is here, riding Xena, the Xenaesque Xena. She is wielding Xena in both of her hands."
    Faceacrossthekeyboard'ro(ll) is more accurate.