Salve Curing Priorities

So I'm working on setting up my curing system again. Currently I'm attempting to organize afflictions into priority groups to decide on cure order. I honestly can't recall what all the afflictions do, and also thought it might be an interesting discussion, so I'm looking for people's thoughts and opinions on this. I'm looking at just salve curing first. 

So the way I figure, top priority should be afflictions that are going to lead to imminent death (i.e. disemboweled), then afflictions then block curing (i.e. slit throat), regen afflictions that hinder (severed spine), mending afflictions that hinder(broken limbs). After that I'm a little unsure.  Certain affs could be more or less important to cure depending on the in the moment context, but I'm just trying to build basic general list to start with.

So, what I worked out so far.
  1. ChestPain
    BurstOrgans
    Disemboweled

2. Asthma
    SlitThroat
    CollapsedLung

3. EyePeck_left
    EyePeck_right
    SeveredSpine
    Amputated_left_arm
    Amputated_right_arm
    Amputated_left_leg
    Amputated_right_leg
    Mangled_left_arm
    Mangled_right_arm
    Mangled_left_leg
    Mangled_right_leg
    Tendon_left
    Tendon_right
    ShatteredAnkle_left
    ShatteredAnkle_right

4. Broken_left_arm
    Broken_right_arm
    Broken_left_leg
    Broken_right_leg
    Broken_left_wrist
    Broken_right_wrist
    Concussion
    DamagedHead
    Sensitivity
    Cracked_kneecap_left
    Cracked_kneecap_right
    Cracked_elbow_left
    Cracked_elbow_right

5. BlackLung
    Trembling
    ShortBreath
    PuncturedLung
    Vapors
    Dizziness
    Twisted_left_arm
    Twisted_right_arm
    Twisted_left_leg
    Twisted_right_leg
    Shattered_Jaw
    CrushedChest
    RupturedStomach
    Broken_Jaw
    Broken_Skull
    Scabies
    Pox
    SunAllergy
    CollapsedNerve_left
    CollapsedNerve_right
    Burn
I am thinking I should split any groups so that regen cures will get done first, as if I'm remembering correctly you can squeeze in another salve cure before regen finishes up.  I suppose I could also prioritize legs over arms, as being able to move and especially stand probably a bit more important that being able to attack. 

Could also just go as far as numbering each affliction individually, though that seems a bit excessive and tedious to me when it probably does matter much if I say, cure scabies or black lung first, or whatever.

Comments

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited July 2013
    My advice:

(1) Divide burns amongst the different levels and distribute it along your priority list. Fourth degree burns can more or less count as imminent death. I've yet to really figure out where's a good place to put fourth degree burns once you've got some amputates on you though.

(2) Situational is a good idea and more or less how I did mine. Blacklung's good to cure but I personally only think it's dangerous under sap. I'd bump it down a fair bit.

(3) Scabies you definitely want really high.

(4) Concussions are nasty to deal with. I'd honestly put them just slightly below slit throat/asthma.

(5) I'm very situational about the way I deal with arm and leg affs, especially since I'm mounted 90% of the time, but generally speaking, you're right that standing is super duper important. It's obviously more important to cure a broken leg when sprawled than it is when standing unless you're like a monk or something.

• Cure concussion with myrtle instead.