A burial for a fae

Background:  Calesta was being strangely playful with Kio, gusting him around, pulling him into the trees, and shoving him.  Kio decided to play back and sic his fae on him.  Forgetting to call my pigwidgeon back when I left, it stayed following Calesta.  Calesta killed it.  Kio then proceeded to toad Calesta, because you don't mess with his buddies.  This is what happened afterward:

Under a dark root.
The shadows violently writhe and twist along the ground here, indicating a war shrine of Nocht nearby. The shadowy outline of a twisted forest casts a dark gloom here. Covered in a light layer of snow, a crystalline fighting ring rises here. Suspended from the large black root hangs a bubbling black cauldron. Dressed in liquid shadows, Rowena Nightshade stands here regally poised. Spreading his massive wings of black feathers, a giant midnight eagle searches the ground with eyes of light blue. Delandes Bel'Fiore, Insinuation of the Wyrd is riding on a giant midnight eagle with eyes of light blue. He wields a sleek grey viola etched with feathers in his left hand. A frost-touched savage waits here, garbed in black wolf pelts and emanating a deathly chill. Draped in the folds of bone-white robes, a tattooed savage idles here with predatory intent. Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness is here, shrouded. She wields a magic spatula in her left hand.
You see exits leading north and east.

You see the following people here:
Delandes, Lyora, Calesta, Valonah, Kio

Valonah curtseys gracefully.

Calesta doffs a silver helm in the shape of a wolf's head to Valonah.

You give the corpse of a pigwidgeon bound in shadows to Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness.

Lyora romps playfully in circles around Valonah.

You point accusingly at Calesta.

Valonah blinks incredulously at you.

Lyora points accusingly at you.

Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness says to Calesta, "Whatever did you do!"

Lyora hugs Valonah compassionately.

Valonah hugs Lyora compassionately.

Grunting, you say to Valonah, "His games were far too harsh."

Shadow Calesta Ysav'rai, Eyes of Bloodlust says to Valonah, "I did no9thing."

Valonah blinks.

Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness says to Calesta, "I have never seen one... so dead."

Shadow Calesta Ysav'rai, Eyes of Bloodlust says, "Oh me...?"

Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness examines the body of the little Pigwidgeon.

Peering with murky eyes, you say to Calesta, "Is that a frog in your throat, or are you merely practicing for the next time I toad you, our Fang?"

Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness says, "Who's was it rather."

Shadow Calesta Ysav'rai, Eyes of Bloodlust says, "Oh..."

"Tsk, tsk," Valonah says to Calesta as she waggles a finger at him.

Shadow Calesta Ysav'rai, Eyes of Bloodlust says to Valonah, "He asked for it."

Shadow Calesta Ysav'rai, Eyes of Bloodlust says, "Or most like I asked for it."

Grunting in displeasure, you say to Valonah, "He is lucky we did not stomp him."

Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness asks, "The poor little fae asked for it?"

Valonah nods her head at you.

You have emoted: Kio's eyes ripple softly, the murky waters clearing into clarion cerulean.

You cross your arms on your chest, stick out your lower lip, and pout.

Shadow Calesta Ysav'rai, Eyes of Bloodlust says, "The bear knew that attacking would not be favourable to his fae."

Valonah flashes you a joyous smile.

Sniffling like a cub, you say, "He started it!"

Lyora giggles happily.

"Awwwww!" Valonah says.

Valonah pats you in a friendly manner.

Shadow Calesta Ysav'rai, Eyes of Bloodlust says, "I regretably killed one."

Trying not to burst into tears, you say, "'E kept gustin' me and pullin' me inta the trees and pokin' me!"

Lyora pets you ingratiatingly.

Valonah blinks incredulously at you.

You have emoted: Kio sniffles once more and, with no grace or tact, falls to the ground on his rump, pouting.

Shadow Calesta Ysav'rai, Eyes of Bloodlust says, "He mistakes playful gestures with... I don't know why you attacked me."

Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness says to Calesta, "I hope it will not happen again."

Valonah ponders for a moment and says "Hrm..."

Shadow Calesta Ysav'rai, Eyes of Bloodlust says to Valonah, "My Queen, it won't."

Sniffling softly, you say, "I named 'im Larry. He was my favorite pigwidgeon ever!"

Valonah beckons you to her.

You have emoted: Blood Sage Kio d'Illici, Heir to Darkness snuffles once more as he looks up at Valonah.

Shadow Calesta Ysav'rai, Eyes of Bloodlust says to Valonah, "It might not be best to patronize him..."

Wiping the tears from his eyes, you say to Valonah, "Tha- that's a good ide *sniffle* a, lady Queen."

You begin to follow Valonah.

Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness says to Calesta, "I can handle this, Calesta but thank you for your thoughts."

You look resentfully at Calesta and pout with a vengeance.

Valonah smiles softly.

[Valonah leads Delandes and Kio to Ethereal Glomdoring]

Petting Kio softly, Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness says, "There there, Kio. Once the Prince buried his pooka here."

You blink.

You begin to snuffle softly.

Choking back tears, you say, "Rea-really?"

Looking to the dead pigwidgeon fondly, you say, "This... this one's stayed with me since stupid Ollie killed the last one a year and a half ago."

You crease your brow in a frown.

Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness lands along the forest floor and softly lays the body of the pigwidgeon down before you. Her small hands gently stroke the fae as she whispers soft soothing words. "Kio I know this was one of your most trusted fae, she has served you well but it is time to let her go".

You have emoted: Kio nods slowly, his the clear waters of his eyes rippling sadly.

Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness takes Kio's hand in hers and softly squeezes it "I'm here, if you wish to say something say so now".

Trying to choke back tears as he admires the fae, you say, "I... I loved you, mister Larry... miss Larry... whatever kinda Larry you are under all them clothes and that wobbly hat 'a yours." He sniffles, but perseveres with a soft smile as he continues, "You was a good friend, Larry. I hope- I hope..." He pauses for a moment, his lip quivering. Bursting into a wailing sob that echoes through Ethereal Glomdoring, he continues, "I hope my next little pigwidgeon is half the sack 'a cute you was!"

As horrible thoughts fill your mind, you begin to sob uncontrollably.

You have emoted: Kio gives the pigwidgeon a small tap, closing his eyes and trying to stifle his tears.

Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness leans up and embraces Kio, gently stroking his furry head "Mother Night take this fae and help to heal Kio during this time, so that he may know that life and death exists both and are needed complete balance." she smiles fondly at Kio and stands once again before you.

Nodding slowly, Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness says, "Well said Kio, how know this is the life of our fae."

Softly, you say, "I'll miss you, little Larry."

With a slight raise of the eyebrows, you perk up your ears and turn your attention towards a pigwidgeon bound in shadows.

Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness says, "They are servants and friends, but they live and die to protect the Wyrd, Glomdoring and you."

You nod your head at Valonah.

With a slight raise of the eyebrows, you perk up your ears and turn your attention towards a pigwidgeon bound in shadows.

Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness smiles and says to you, "You shall rise up a new Pigwidgeon such as mine."

Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness says, "And have a new Larry or Harry."

Valonah pets a pigwidgeon bound in shadows ingratiatingly.

To his new pigwidgeon, suddenly jovial once more and laughing merrily, you say, "I shall call you Larry Junior! No. I shall call you Harry! No, no... that won't do either..."

Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness says to you, "That is the spirit!"

You have emoted: Kio pauses for a moment, still and pensive.

Valonah tilts her head and listens intently.

With nothing but absolute seriousness, you say, "I shall call you Larghesta Shelaweese Higgenbottles, the Third."

You nod your head sagely.

Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness smiles and says to you, "A beautiful name for such an odd fae."

You nod your head sagely at Valonah.

Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness says to you, "Are you feeling better?"

"Ummmm," Delandes says uncertainly.

You beam broadly.

You nod your head emphatically.

Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness says to you, "You do understand that fae can be our friends but they are also tools."

Delandes Bel'Fiore, Insinuation of the Wyrd says to you, "May I perhaps sing a song for you and your new pigwidgeon?"

With a slight raise of the eyebrows, you perk up your ears and turn your attention towards Valonah.

With a slight raise of the eyebrows, you perk up your ears and turn your attention towards Delandes.

Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness says to Delandes, "That would be lovely, Son."

You frown and say to Valonah, "I do, lady Queen. Sometimes it's just hard ta let 'em go."

You nod your head at Delandes.

You say to Delandes, "Please!"

Valonah nods her head at you.

Delandes Bel'Fiore, Insinuation of the Wyrd says, "It is quite short, but I was able to come up with a few words or so during the time I was here."

You have emoted: Kio sweeps his new pigwidgeon into his arms, tosses its loose limbs about and playfully catching it in the air.

Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness flutters her wings and lands up along the shoulders of Kio as she listens to the song to be sung by Delandes.

Delandes nods his head emphatically.

"Shine bright with Mother Night's embrace," sings Delandes, playing a sleek grey viola etched with feathers.

"Little Pigwidgeon find yourself in this new space," sings Delandes, playing a sleek grey viola etched with feathers.

"Walk forward without hesitation," sings Delandes, playing a sleek grey viola etched with feathers.

"May the shadows bring you new creation," sings Delandes, playing a sleek grey viola etched with feathers.

Delandes Bel'Fiore, Insinuation of the Wyrd slows the viola into a short vibrating note, echoing the tune throughout the Ethereal Plane.

Valonah congratulates Delandes with some wild clapping.

Finishing the last note, Delandes Bel'Fiore, Insinuation of the Wyrd says to you, "It is not long, but I hope that this might cheer you up."

Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness says to Delandes, "Lovely and very sweet, Delandes."

Delandes nods his head at Valonah.

Delandes thanks Valonah profusely.

You have emoted: Kio sways his new pigiwdgeon about joyfully, chanting the words of the song in a new, upbeat rhythm. It doesn't quite fit together right, but he carries on anyway, completely oblivious to the world.

Delandes smiles softly at you.

Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness smiles and says to Delandes, "I think the two need some bonding time."

Valonah hugs you compassionately.

Delandes nods his head at Valonah.

Delandes bows respectfully to you.

Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness has lost you.

Delandes Bel'Fiore, Insinuation of the Wyrd says to you, "May your future bring great rewards to you, Blood Sage."

Valonah curtseys gracefully before you.

You have emoted: Kio continues playing with his new pigwidgeon, tossing it about like a ragdoll. He holds it in front of him and shakes its loosely robed hand at you, as if waving goodbye.

You wave goodbye.

Delandes bows respectfully to you.

Delandes leaves, following Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness.

You have emoted: Kio's eyes are overtaken by a suffocating darkness.

His voice deep and almost polyphonic, you say, "I often question why I have allowed myself to heed your pact, little Kio Eri'din. Though your cunning amuses me, your heart fills me with disgust."

You have emoted: Kio squints his eyes briefly, snuffing the darkness away from their crystal cerulean waters.

Cheerfully, you say, "Oh stop it. Just 'cause you're made 'a malice and hatred don't mean ya can't smile from time ta time, mister shadow!"

Grunting softly, you say, "...and don't call me that. I ain't an Eri'din no more. I'm d'Illici now, and Thul's my husbear."

The darkness returning for a fleeting second, you say, "That's my little Kio. Remember that, for Havoc approches quickly."

You beam broadly.

You skip about merrily.

[And yes, I RP with myself.  Often.  Don't judge, I'm sure you've done it before, too.]

Comments

• These snippets from your journeys, are always quite an enjoyable read :)
  • Aww, I feel like I was a part and wasn't even there. Burying your fae where I buried mine.