Some Times I hate Mudlet: My questions

So a buddy of mine and I worked out how to make a simple influencing script based off of aliases and such, so far no troubles, but for what ever reason or another, we add another alias, same construction, just modified to fit, and mudlet REFUSES to fire it, I'll post it here for the sake of help, but so far as I an he can see it works, but it won't:

here is the bases of it:

I load it up all properly and it refuses to fire the alias "et"  I have no other aliases named et or linked to it in any way, its all simply based off a target, and such which is all set..but why...why wont it fire?

Check list:

No other alias
checked script all matches no bugs
Mudlets all stop is ALL go
Alias isn't turned off/deactivated

TRIGGERS:

Name: Eq_Back

if not emptoggle then emptoggle = false end
if emptoggle then expandAlias("emp", false) end

ALIASES:

name: Emp_toggle

Pattern: ^et$

if not emptoggle then emptoggle = false end
if emptoggle then
emptoggle = false
else
emptoggle = true
expandAlias("emp", false)
end

Name: Empower_start

pattern: ^emp$

if inftick == nil then
inftick = 1
elseif inftick > 1 then
inftick = 1
else
inftick = inftick + 1
end
if inftick == 1 then
send("influence " .. influencetarget .. " with compliments")
elseif inftick == 2 then
send("influence " .. influencetarget .. " with admiration")
end

Comments

• Hmm. Have you tried putting echoes into the function to see if anything happens?

Also, I suspect you can simply use "emptoggle = not emptoggle" (or !emptoggle, or whatever syntax Lua uses) instead of the "if .. then .. else" part.
  • I have echoes in the et actually, and it doesn't even show OFF or On at all so i know its not actually firing.
  • I mean its so bad, I'm half tempted to just go back to Zmud since I found my key and just script the damn thing in there..after I relearn it.
  • Well, I'm out of ideas then. From what I know of Mudlet, it looks correct to me. One thing you could do (if you haven't already) is to put an echo as the first line to make sure it doesn't crap out in the middle somewhere, I guess.
  • it looks like it should work to me, although it may not alternate between influence types properly. Just to confirm though did you set the variable influencetarget to something?
  • Thank you For all your help, I got the help needed, though I'll keep this open for anymore questions I can think of!
  • What was the problem?
  • When I'm able to sit and figure it out I'll let you know, for now I have a new script to look at and see what or where I went wrong with my own!
  • Not sure if you got it right or not, but this is the script I wrote, very inefficient but works PERFECTLY (you have to replace empowerment influence names with others though if you arent empowering.)

--this toggles influence on and off
    Alias: ^inf$

if not Influence then enableTrigger[[EQ Influence]]   --the name of the inf trigger i use

cecho("<green>AUTO INFLUENCING!\n")

Influence = true

send("influence "..tar.." with compliments")  --makes it so you don't have to input the first inf attack to get the eq trigger to fire

admiration = false   

compliments = true

praise = true

else if Influence then disableTrigger[[EQ Influence]]

Influence = false

cecho("<red>AUTO INFLUENCE DISABLED!\n")

end

end

Trigger: ^You have recovered equilibrium\.$         --regex not needed, but I have a habit

isbalanced = true     --i use this trigger for one or two other things. This variable is not required for you.

if Influence and not compliments

then send("influence "..tar.." with compliments")

compliments = true

admiration = false

praise = true

else if compliments and praise and not admiration then

send("influence "..tar.." with admiration")

admiration = true

compliments = true

praise = false

else if compliments and admiration and not praise then

send("influence "..tar.." with praise")

praise = true

admiration = true

compliments = false

end

end

end

--Of course, you may replace 'tar' with your own target variable. As I said, inefficient, but does work perfectly. I also have this trigger -

^(.*?) is so caught up in admiring (?:himself|herself) that (?:he|she) barely notices you\.$   --regex, obv

disableTrigger[[EQ Influence]]

Influence = false

cecho("<red>=============STACK IS DONE! SWITCH TARGET!=====================")

--This of course disables the influence script when it detects your stack is done. The only problem with this all that Ive noted is that if you fire off the ^inf$ alias while not balanced, the script will run but the commands will not fire. All you need to do then is turn it off and back on again.