Grand Unveiling of a New Plinth

DaraiusDaraius ShevatThe juror's taco spot
edited September 2013 in Event Scrolls
Such a minor thing, but cute. Edited for your viewing pleasure, so you don't have to pretend you're me.

~ Part One, in which Starchy the Repairman unveils a Project ~

(Hallifax): A lucidian repairman says, "Greetings, Collective. I've finished a project at the request of the Board of Directors if you all would hop up here right and proper so I can show it to you and get back to my regular job."

(Hallifax): A lucidian repairman says, "I am on the platform northwest of the Spire of the Lawgivers, if you please."

A platform overlooking Hallifax.
Tiny points of black and white energy float through the air as they filter out from a shield shrine of Zvoltz nearby. Banks of clouds roil about here. There is a moderate breeze here. A statue of High Supreme Justice Lilliana Sunfar stands here, memorializing her noble spirit. A clear crystal plinth stands here prominently, catching the eye of all who move past. A lucidian repairman stands here in a pristine grey jumpsuit. Surrounded by forks of carnelian lightning, a dark ruby thunderbird spreads her broad, translucent wings here, violet eyes glowing with a noble intellect. Uanor, the tentacled wolf paces impatiently back and forth here, his mass of silver-scaled tentacles writhing through the air. Startled from the languor of slumber, a dreamy-eyed damsel lingers here as if lost, her face coyly buried in a bouquet of pure white roses. A fulminating justicar looms here, surrounded by an aura of crackling lightning.

Ioni inclines his head politely to those around him.

Daraius serenely clasps his hands and bows.

With a flourish of his arm, a lucidian repairman bows deeply.

A lucidian repairman says, "Well, here it is."

Elanorwen ponders a crystal plinth thoughtfully, looking it up and down.

"Tada!" a lucidian repairman says with a proud expression on his face.

Ioni looks about himself, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

Commander Ioni Windwhisper, Forecaster of the Arcus asks, "What does this plinth do exactly?"
A lucidian repairman says, "The plinths are able to generate holograms of important historical figures. Unfortunately, they break down often and I do not have the time to continuously repair them."

Daraius stares in intent contemplation of a crystal plinth.

Elanorwen ponders for a moment and says "Hrm..."

Beautifully pure crystal has been used to craft this elegant plinth, giving it an aesthetically pleasing outlook. Numerous incredibly thin wires and conduit run almost unseen along the sides, coming together on the top where they mesh together in a rather complex manner. Several small prismatic crystals are fitted along the sides of the surface, hinting at the purpose of this plinth. A small control panel has been set into the base.

With a wistful look on her face, Talan touches a crystal plinth.
The panel on a crystal plinth blinks to life, displaying a list of the city's notable personages.

Elanorwen rubs her chin thoughtfully, raises her eyebrow and says, "I see..."

Talan Ysav'rai says, "Display Cririk."

A lucidian repairman exclaims, "Well, this one won't break down as much!"

With a worried frown, a lucidian repairman says, "Maybe."

A wry smile spreads across Talan's face.

Daraius reaches out and touches a crystal plinth.
The panel on a crystal plinth blinks to life, displaying a list of the city's notable personages.
Please make a selection from the list below:

[1] Display Cririk.

A lucidian repairman exclaims, "Display Cririk!"

A lucidian repairman frets over everything that might go wrong.

Talan Ysav'rai says, "So, there'll be a mess of eagles to deal with."

Elanorwen ponders the situation.

Elanorwen nods her head at Talan.

Ioni nods his head at Talan, showing his acceptance.

Stewardess Elanorwen says, "Maybe it requires the full name?"

Stewardess Elanorwen says, "Display Cririk Adom."

Stewardess Elanorwen says, "Or not."

Elanorwen peers about herself unscrupulously.

With a wistful look on his face, Ioni touches a crystal plinth.

Daraius Shevat asks, "I take it others will be added?"

With a wistful look on his face, Ioni touches a small panel.
Ioni The access panel blinks to life as coloured text scrolls across the screen.

A lucidian repairman says, "The Board can choose to add others at their discretion."

Ioni creases his brow in a frown.

Daraius nods his head slowly in understanding.

A lucidian repairman wrings his hands.

Talan Ysav'rai says, "I think this unveiling is lacking in ribbon."

Talan suddenly loses focus in her eyes and shudders, then looks curiously refreshed.

Talan Ysav'rai says, "I am going to go and make some."

Talan Ysav'rai says, "And then."

Talan Ysav'rai says, "When I am done."

Stewardess Elanorwen says, "No tying them in my hair."

Talan Ysav'rai says, "We can cut it."

Elanorwen gives Talan the once-over, eyeing her suspiciously.

Talan Ysav'rai says, "With a sword."

Talan Ysav'rai says, "Like a grand swinging loopy, maybe toss it up in the air and it comes down."

Talan Ysav'rai says, "This deserves more pomp."

With a wistful look on his face, Ioni touches a crystal plinth.

Talan Ysav'rai says, "So please, do not unveil it until the ribbon is ready."

Talan Ysav'rai says, "The ribbon is the thing."

With a flourish of her arm, Talan bows deeply.

Talan leaves to the south, emanating an aura of immense power.
A giant fiddleback spider with a barbed stinger scuttles sideways off to the south.

Elanorwen snaps her fingers, releasing sparkling motes of coloured light.
                        -----------
                       |   POOF!   |
                        -----------

Commander Ioni Windwhisper, Forecaster of the Arcus says, "Display Cririk."

Daraius's whiskers twitch abruptly.

Daraius tilts his head curiously at Ioni.

Elanorwen suddenly inhales deeply.

Daraius asks Ioni, "Is it a private display?"

Commander Ioni Windwhisper, Forecaster of the Arcus asks a lucidian repairman, "Is this plinth supposed to work?"
A lucidian repairman says, "The plinths are able to generate holograms of important historical figures. Unfortunately, they break down often and I do not have the time to continuously repair them."

Ioni shakes his head at Daraius.

Elanorwen stares at Ioni in a vain attempt to grin, but something goes terribly wrong.

Daraius bares his teeth in an odd canine grin.

Commander Ioni Windwhisper, Forecaster of the Arcus says, "It's a not working display."

Daraius Shevat says to a lucidian repairman, "It is fortunate no members of the Board are present."

A lucidian repairman says, "Please do not tell Master Jai'rok."

A lucidian repairman exclaims, "I am already on probation. I will get it fixed, I promise!"

Daraius nods gravely.

Daraius Shevat says, "If nothing else, it is a handsome piece of art."

A lucidian repairman hastily begins beating on the plinth with tools, swearing softly to himself.

Commander Ioni Windwhisper, Forecaster of the Arcus says to a lucidian repairman, "Not to worry, I know you are adept at fixing the others."
A lucidian repairman says, "Oh, you'd like to help fix the plinths? Well, I'm tied down with work here, but if you can bring me the parts I need, I'll get them repaired."

A lucidian repairman opens up a panel at the base of the plinth and begins pulling on the wires within, sending sparks into the air.

Daraius puts some space between himself and the plinth.

A lucidian repairman says, "Well, uh... I think I will just take this back to my workshop and uh... do some fine tuning, you know?"

Daraius nods his head in agreement.

Commander Ioni Windwhisper, Forecaster of the Arcus says, "Certainly, sounds like a good idea."

A lucidian repairman exclaims, "I'm sorry I wasted the time of you fine people. I'll let you know when the new and improved version is done!"

A lucidian repairman nods his head emphatically.

Ioni taps his fingers together and murmurs, "Excellent..."

~ later... ~

~ Part Two, in which a Ribbon is cut ~

(Hallifax): A lucidian repairman says, "I ah... so... it is fixed now if someone has that ribbon and sword that we needed."

With a wistful look on her face, Elanorwen touches a crystal plinth.

Stewardess Elanorwen says, "Display Cririk."
A crystal plinth hums as the holographic image of the lucidian Cririk flickers to life.

Elanorwen rubs her chin thoughtfully, raises her eyebrow and says, "I see..."

A cool, feminine voice speaks from a crystal plinth: 'Proud Hallifaxian citizen Cririk is a paragon of Collectivism.'

A cool, feminine voice speaks from a crystal plinth: 'Known as the Eternal Chairman, Cririk Adom was the only survivor after Gaudiguch's unprovoked attack using Project Paradox on Hallifax. After declaring independence from Celest, he led the fledgling city in its refounding, teaching the new citizens of the Higher Emotions and the value of logic, beauty, and harmony. He authored "The Collectivst Manifesto" in a continued effort to uphold the ideals of Collectivism. Suffering from the lingering effects of his temporal displacement, he is now frozen in time and space.'

A crystal plinth glows briefly before becoming quiet again.

Daraius nods his head slowly in understanding.

With a flourish of his arm, a lucidian repairman bows deeply.

Daraius Shevat says to a lucidian repairman, "Much better."

Talan Ysav'rai holds out an arm full of multicolored ribbon, the remnants of fifty sets of robes.

A lucidian repairman says, "An uh... like I said, I'd really appreciate it if no one mentioned this to Master Jai'rok."

A lucidian repairman says, "Who has a sword?"

Talan Ysav'rai says, "Too late for the ribbon then?"

Elanorwen shifts her eyes suspiciously from side to side.

Talan Ysav'rai says, "I have an axe?"

Daraius shakes his head at a loboshigaru monk's staff.

A lucidian repairman exclaims, "That sounds good to me!"

Talan starts to wield a platinum star klangaxe in her hands.

Talan tosses a platinum star klangaxe to Daraius, who catches it nimbly.

A lucidian repairman exclaims, "Good catch, sir!"

Daraius starts to wield a platinum star klangaxe in his hands.

Daraius brandishes a platinum star klangaxe menacingly.

Talan Ysav'rai begins to drape the ribbon around the plinth, looping it artfully.

Daraius Shevat say, "Tie up the ribbons, then, and I shall have a go at it."

Talan Ysav'rai says, "Um, here, someone hold this end."

Defensively raising his hands, a lucidian repairman backs away from the situation slowly.

Elanorwen's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Stewardess Elanorwen reaches out and takes the offered end.

Talan Ysav'rai hands the end of ribbon to Elanorwen and then crosses to stand on the other side of the plinth, creating a barrier in front of Daraius.

Talan Ysav'rai says, "I think we're ready."

Daraius straightens his collar and cuffs.

Talan Ysav'rai pulls the ribbon tight.

Daraius launches into an acrobatic spin with all the grace and speed of a trained martial artist, bringing the axe down with great force against the fragile ribbon.

A lucidian repairman jumps into the air and lands with a bump.

Talan Ysav'rai lurches back as the tension on the ribbon is suddenly gone.

Talan cheers wildly!

Ioni snaps his fingers, releasing sparkling motes of coloured light.
                                                -----------
                                               |   POOF!   |
                                                -----------

A lucidian repairman claps, glowing sheepishly with reds and yellows.

Talan Ysav'rai says, "Huzzah!"

Daraius Shevat says, "I declare this monument open to the public. May it edify and entertain until it inevitably breaks down."

Daraius quickly tosses a platinum star klangaxe to Talan, who catches it nimbly.

A lucidian repairman says, "Righto, so I will get back to work... uh, fixing things."

Stuffing his hands in the pockets of his jumpsuit, a lucidian repairman shuffles off to the down.
I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."

Comments

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    I really like all these new additions. The Sentinels received a nifty roll of members too, and I hear the Aeromancers received something too? Thanks super admin!
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    Ushaara said:
    I really like all these new additions. The Sentinels received a nifty roll of members too, and I hear the Aeromancers received something too? Thanks super admin!
    We have TWO super-cool weather machines in our guildhall. :)

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Logs or it didn't happen. -.-
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I really wish I had been able to keep the log of what happened after this.

Long story short, Entrias finds the plinth but can't get it to work, as he isn't a member of the Board. @Ihuicatl in tow, he hammers at it a bit with his bashing hammers, sending a few sparks flying.

Needless to say, the Comptroller General Eepex noticed ;:
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited August 2013

Shaddus said:
    I really wish I had been able to keep the log of what happened after this. Long story short, Entrias finds the plinth but can't get it to work, as he isn't a member of the Board. @Ihuicatl in tow, he hammers at it a bit with his bashing hammers, sending a few sparks flying. Needless to say, the Comptroller General Eepex noticed ;:
    Chancellor Entrias Pavok, State Company Member taps on the plinth daintily with a hammer, sending sparks and crystal chips flying.

Entrias puts his hands on his hips and goes "Hmmm!" at a crystal plinth.

You stare implacably at Entrias.

With great care, Entrias restores a statue of High Supreme Justice Lilliana Sunfar to a pristine condition.

(Hallifax): Comptroller General Jai'rok Eepex says, "Entrias, do not that I don't see you vandalising city property with that hammer."