General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Either my power supply or laptop itself is dead, which has required me to do a midnight re-assemble of my ghetto desktop [stealing my monitor back from my mother in the process] and leaves me vaguely Lusternia -and- drawing impaired.

Wheeeeee >.=,<

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    My computer speakers have been buzzing and driving me crazy for the past couple days. Finally driven mad from the noise, I pulled out my computer and got down under my desk to check out the wires...to find a cat toy helplessly entangled in them. Once the toy was extracted from its wire prison, the buzzing stopped. Thank god.

How...did they get that in there? I am dissatisfied that the until-now foolproof arrangement of pillow blockades seems to have failed to keep the cats out of Wire Hell like it's supposed to.
  • Barbed wire. They will only try once...
  • edited November 2012
    Try sprinkling pepper or cinnamon over the area. It may sound odd, but since it will irritate the cat's nose and eyes, they'll quickly learn to avoid going under your desk. Once the behavior is set, it's a simple thing to vacuum it up...assuming your room isn't carpeted.

Of course a cat repellent spray would also work.
    The forum badges for Likes/Agrees are actually awarded at one above the amount stated (6 instead of 5, 26 instead of 25), and it's driving me crazy.
  • edited November 2012
    Physics midterm in 20 minutes...
    Will you still love me when I am no longer young and fergalicious?
    The forums keep signing me out randomly. Grrr.
  • Worked Night shift tonight, but my alarm didn't go off when it was supposed to, so the whole day's been wasted and my sleep schedule's all outta whack.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • No Fain active :(
  • Too much work to do, not enough time to do it.
  • Near said:
    Too much work to do, not enough time to do it.
    Too much work to do, not enough energy to do it.

And still no job.
  • Too much work to do, nor time NOR energy to do it.  >.<
    Stangmar - Retired

• Getting a minor toothache right before going to sleep that ends up making you not sleep.
    Kept waking up on and off feeling like I was going to throw up, eventually stumbled my way into the shower in the hopes that it would make me feel better. But then about a minute in the water went ice cold and never heated back up. So now I'm freezing cold, I still feel sick, and I'm so tired. v_v
  • I'm too stressed out and anxious to go to classes / labs, so I'm working on everything from bed. :(
  • How much effort (Or $$) this game is asking me for just to become a somewhat formidable combatant and fighter. Why are all the useful abilities nearing transcendent? Is this to discourage some sort of aspect to combat and looking forward to it?
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    edited November 2012
    There are so many things that are more enticing than writing for Nanowrimo. Like disinfecting the kitchen floor. Or influencing. Or any number of things that do not deal with my being 3,000 words behind par.

Why won't these stupid characters all just go kill themselves off! Why do they need me for it :(
  • Tacita said:
    There are so many things that are more enticing than writing for Nanowrimo. Like disinfecting the kitchen floor. Or influencing. Or any number of things that do not deal with my being 3,000 words behind par.

Why won't these stupid characters all just go kill themselves off! Why do they need me for it :(
    When I used to do NaNoWriMo, a decade ago now (ohgodIfeelold), a friend once told me that I did so much more harm by constantly thinking about how far behind I am versus what I can get done.

The next year I deliberately made myself not look at my word counts. Lo and behold, I ended up being done a couple days before the end of the month, and like 8,000 words over the goal. Paying attention to the word count was a distraction - once I really got into the story itself, I ended up getting lost and losing track of things that didn't matter (time, word counts, goals, markers, brevity...)
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Well, I just wrote 2,000 words in an hour by telling myself  that I couldn't carry on rewatching Buffy until I'd done so. Umm...Willow is a powerful motivator?
  • edited November 2012
    Tacita said:

Come on Tacita, you can do it. :) We believe in and support you!
  • A pox upon my English teacher. A pox upon her and all that she touches.
  • A pox upon my English teacher. A pox upon her and all that she touches.
    English teacher touches your assignment. Uh oh, backfire O.o
  • Electronically submitted, I'll be fine.
  • Electronically submitted, I'll be fine.
    So what you're saying is, your English teacher has touched the internets?
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    I hate being stuck on a computer that is not the one I'm used to

(I'm not at home at the moment so I'm stuck logging in from a terminal where I don't have access to any of my keybindings.  Must remember to export everything to dropbox. >_>)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • I love Dropbox.  

Stangmar - Retired

• Waiting and waiting and waiting for a design to go through...I know the reviewers can only do so much at one time, but I'd reeeeeaaally like this specific one to be ready like, four days ago :'(

I guess I was spoiled by the breakneck speed of my last few submissions!

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited November 2012
    powers info lookmsg
    There is no such power.

powers info choicelookmessage
    Info for ChoiceLookMessage:

Syntax:  POWERS CHOICES LOOKMSG
             POWERS SET LOOKMSG <#/default> to set

MAKE UP MY MIND, I always pick the wrong one first :(
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    Every time I've drawn lately, I've felt like my art is getting worse instead of better.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **

A temporal shard offers a bare flicker of recognition, a faint spark blooming in its depths.

I just don't UNDERSTAND. Why is it doing this in every room of Spectre Isle, but absolutely nothing in the Sea that SURROUNDS it?

Am I missing something?

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."