Curiosity Bonded the Bear

ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
edited September 2013 in Event Scrolls

Preface

Zouviqil and Tarkenton have been having a growing relationship. In this particular incident, she has found that he cannot speak Elfen, and so has used it as a way to say things without worrying for their consequences. Tarkenton, no longer able to take it, wants to know what it is Zouviqil has said. 

----

Within a bower.
Towering redwoods with rich red bark and vibrant green leaves have grown throughout the area. In this particular vicinity they have grown and bent inward, branches interlocking into a natural dome. The result is a dimly lit arbour where sprouts reach desperately through the autumn-hued leaf litter towards the sprinkling of light coming in through the canopy. The light dances across the floor in a prismatic display as the time of day and cloud cover changes. Climbing vines of ivy cling desperately to the redwood trunks, their deep green leaves reaching direly towards the light. A fallen redwood that never met its full potential provides a slight obstacle in heading out of the bower, to the north.

You shall now speak in the common tongue.

Leaning in close to you, you whisper to Tarkenton, "I could tell you what I said... but then, what would you give me, for payment for my embarrassment?"

Penumbra Tarkenton hugs you close, and whispers softly back, "One gimme. Anything you want, answer, thingy, whatever. Is a gimme. Within some reason," he adds quickly.

Moondrop Zouviqil Myeras, the Littlest Cake looks ahead of her, nuzzling close in Tarkenton's arms. "Anything?" she repeats, voice a whisper, and deliberately slow.

Penumbra Tarkenton looks down at you, gulps theatrically, and nods. "Anything."

A warm aura of serene happiness fills you, radiating outward and colouring the air about you with a bright, sunny glow.

Moondrop Zouviqil Myeras, the Littlest Cake looks up at Tarkenton, an uncharacteristically wicked smile gracing her face momentarily. "A ritual, then, and at the end, you'll know?" she asks, voice still slow, each word a question in itself.

Penumbra Tarkenton nods slowly, a hesitant smile on his face. "A ritual then," he agrees, and hugs you tightly once more before letting go.

Moondrop Zouviqil Myeras, the Littlest Cake draws to her feet, and helps Tarkenton up as well. She dusts herself off.

You call out for your broom and it flies into your outstretched hand.

Penumbra Tarkenton watches you, curiously.

Moondrop Zouviqil Myeras, the Littlest Cake takes her broom and begins to cleanse the area, starting in the center and working her way outwards, widdershins. Her broomsweeps kick up leaf litter and dust alike, though the circle cleared also now possesses an unusual thrum that quivers the bones and races the heart. She offers her hand to Tarkenton, inviting him in to the cleared circle.

Penumbra Tarkenton accepts your hand and steps slowly into the circle, taking care to not track any extra leaf debris or the like in with him.

Looking at you levelly, voice level yet commanding, you say to Tarkenton, "Are you able gather and release shadows?"

Tarkenton nods his head emphatically.

Cooly, you say to Tarkenton, "Then be prepared for your part, I do not know how it is you ask for your Mother's attention, but I suspect it may mirror mine."

Showing that he understands, Tarkenton nods his head slowly.

Lifting her gaze skyward, you say, "Mother Moon, mother of the Moon Coven, of the playful Maiden, the caring Mother, and the hardened Crone, hear my call, as I invite you to this circle, to witness the bonding of two mortals, one from your Coven, and one from your Sister's."

Praying to Spirit Moon, a silver shaft of light surrounds you as she blesses you
as leader of a coven.

You bless this location to Spirit Moon. Soft silvery light suddenly sparkles through the air.

Moondrop Zouviqil Myeras, the Littlest Cake directs her attention to Tarkenton, waiting expectantly, a mischievous glint in her eyes.

Also gazing skywards, Penumbra Tarkenton says, "Mother Night, mother of the Night Coven, of the frightening Barghest, the sadistic Redcap and the beautiful Slaugh, hear my call, as I invite you to this circle, to witness the bonding of two mortals, one from your Coven, and one from your Sister's."

Dipping his hand into a shadow cauldron, Tarkenton pulls out a long shadow and releases it into the air. The room darkens with the churning darkness.

Within a bower.
Silvery moonlight sparkles in the air. The shadows have been gathered here. Towering redwoods with rich red bark and vibrant green leaves have grown throughout the area. In this particular vicinity they have grown and bent inward, branches interlocking into a natural dome. The result is a dimly lit arbour where sprouts reach desperately through the autumn-hued leaf litter towards the sprinkling of light coming in through the canopy. The light dances across the floor in a prismatic display as the time of day and cloud cover changes. Climbing vines of ivy cling desperately to the redwood trunks, their deep green leaves reaching direly towards the light. A fallen redwood that never met its full potential provides a slight obstacle in heading out of the bower, to the north.

Moondrop Zouviqil Myeras, the Littlest Cake places her hand on Tarkenton's heart, looking him squarely in the eyes with a concentrated, if fierce, look. The silvery moonlight and dark shadows dance about in an eternal war of conquest, fighting for dominance, when they are two halves of the same whole.

Moondrop Zouviqil Myeras, the Littlest Cake reaches out and takes Tarkenton's hand, placing it on her own steadily-beating heart.

With each word spoken heavily, you say, "By the Light of the Moon, I, Zouviqil, swear unwavering loyalty to Tarkenton, for whom with I am whole, and who completes my soul."

Speaking slowly, Penumbra Tarkenton says, "By the Dark of the Night, I, Tarkenton, swear unwavering loyalty to Zouviqil, for whom with I am whole, and who completes my soul."

Voice punctuating each word, you say, "Where his heart is, is mine, each joy to be shared, and each of his pains, my own. Our souls are to be bonded here, forward."

Confidence in his words growing, Penumbra Tarkenton says, "Where her heart is, is mine, each joy to be shared, and each of her pains, my own. Our souls are to be bonded here, forward."

Hand remaining placed as it is, you say, "An unchallenged Moon brings no boon."

Leaving his hand in place, Penumbra Tarkenton says, "An unhindered Night provides no delight."

Resolutely, you say, "With our Mothers as witness, may our bond be born."

Solemnly, Penumbra Tarkenton says, "With our Mothers’ blessings, may our bond be born."

Moondrop Zouviqil Myeras, the Littlest Cake approaches Tarkenton until their hands touch. Her hand takes his, lowering slightly, as she leans in closer and up, as if for a kiss. Her heart against his own, she waits for Tarkenton to meet her the rest of the way. The dancing moonlight and shadows stop abruptly, and the darkness overtakes the bower for a moment. Edging at the back of Tarkenton's mind, an unplaced whisper, a pull, a beg, a demand, a command, wordless and informative, silent and loud.

Penumbra Tarkenton peers down at you, shadows seeping from his form as he leans down, shadows covering him as he fiercely kisses you. He pulls back out of the kiss, staring deeply into your eyes, before moving forward once more.
Tarkenton grabs you by the back of the neck and pulls you forward into an embrace. His cold lips press against the neck, and you are momentarily frozen in pain as your lifeforce is sucked from you.

Moondrop Zouviqil Myeras, the Littlest Cake nearly goes limp in Tarkenton's arms, shuddering. On contact, her pain is his, and his is her own. A surging loneliness fills him, and consequently subsides, replaced by a soothing, reassuring warmth.

Voice a bit shaky, though her gaze keeps steady, you say, "Our Mothers have witnessed our bond, and even apart, we are one..."

Looking down at you in wonder, Penumbra Tarkenton says, "Our Mothers have witnessed our bound, and even apart, we are one."

Voice hushed with awe, you whisper, "So mote it be..."

Happiness evident in his voice, Penumbra Tarkenton says, "So mote it be."

Moondrop Zouviqil Myeras, the Littlest Cake gazes up at Tarkenton in return. The silvery light and shadows receding, kicking up wind andreturning all the leaf litter to its former home.

The silvery moonlight here fades away.

The shadows slowly start to dissipate.

Staring into his eyes, you say to Tarkenton, "I love you."

Penumbra Tarkenton stares back, studying your eyes intently, and whispers as he starts to smile, "And I love you."

Moondrop Zouviqil Myeras, the Littlest Cake blushes a little and smiles, her heart racing. She hugs onto Tarkenton tightly and says, "... that's what I kept saying in Elfen... that I love you..."

Comments

• By far the best romantic roleplay log I have ever read. And I normally am one to go 'eww' at romantic things. Well done :D
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Rialorm said:
    By far the best romantic roleplay log I have ever read. And I normally am one to go 'eww' at romantic things. Well done :D
    Thank you!

( Can you believe that ritual was impromptu? 0 planning whatsoever. )
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Cuteness stuff often tends to make me vom.

This? I squee'd.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• *sniffle*

My little boy's growing up so fast.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    This is where I give all credit to @Zouviqil for cooking this up on the fly. And for being the very poster child for patience since I'd gotten pulled into two games of LoL shortly after this started. All I did was switch some words around.
    Tarkenton said:
    This is where I give all credit to @Zouviqil for cooking this up on the fly. And for being the very poster child for patience since I'd gotten pulled into two games of LoL shortly after this started. All I did was switch some words around.
    Oh shush, you were fantastic, give yourself credit.
    Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevvvaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrr!
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited September 2013
    What is it with you people and LoL! And why/how are you playing it at the same time as Lusternia?  :-O

That aside... this was really sweet and adorable and can only end in tragedy.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Daraius said:
    What is it with you people and LoL! And why/how are you playing it at the same time as Lusternia?  :-O

Tragedy? No. Calamity? Oh yes, there will quite a bit of calamity. But I'm confident in ZouXTark. They even have cutesy nicknames for each other.

As for LoL... why? Because sometimes you want to pummel the crap out of someone without dumping money into a game for artifacts, a system, etc, but you also want to RP, so multitasking. How? Either dual screens, windowed mode, or two computers (desktop and laptop).

Thanks! :D
  • No. Daraius has it correct.  It will end in tragedy.

And pain.  Wrenching, debilitating pain.
    edited September 2013
    Desktop and lappy!

Coincidentally, I totally fed mid.  Though that might've been because it was my first time playing Lux since I unlocked her last night, and I went up what seemed like a dang good Leblanc.  Kept hitting my shield when I wanted to fire her lil' aoe ball thingy.

Also, thanks for all the great feedback guys!
  • Tarkenton said:
    Desktop and lappy!

Coincidentally, I totally fed mid.  Though that might've been because it was my first time playing Lux since I unlocked her last night, and I went up what seemed like a dang good Leblanc.  Kept hitting my shield when I wanted to fire her lil' aoe ball thingy.

Also, thanks for all the great feedback guys!
    LB is also a soft counter to Lux.  LB specializes in blowing up squishies with no mobility, teehee
  • Daraius said:

Yea, at least play dota! :p
    Nevah!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    As cute as this is oocly, I hope you two aren't as blatent about it icly.

It rather reminds me of the time during the Hai'Gloh when a shofangi kephera and a nekotai illithoid bloodbonded and started a family.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I'm pretty sure they're not. A million people on both sides would converge on that and tear it apart, I'm sure ;)

That's the beauty of roleplay that is often not so public. Everything is so grey and uncertain and *difficult*
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    And then it gets posted to the forums and everyone sees what a big softy you really are.  :(
    Shaddus said:
    As cute as this is oocly, I hope you two aren't as blatent about it icly. It rather reminds me of the time during the Hai'Gloh when a shofangi kephera and a nekotai illithoid bloodbonded and started a family.
    Events may get interesting. But there will be no Seren wedding a Glom here, I can promise you that.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Zouviqil said:

Shaddus said:

As cute as this is oocly, I hope you two aren't as blatent about it icly.

It rather reminds me of the time during the Hai'Gloh when a shofangi kephera and a nekotai illithoid bloodbonded and started a family.

Events may get interesting. But there will be no Seren wedding a Glom here, I can promise you that.

That's what I hear :/
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • *cackles maniacally in the corner, feeling like a proud papa bear*
    The few times that the two of them have run into each other in a public place involved either a lot of rooms with the same name, or skunking said rooms. Angry, well seasoned demigod parent hunting down a would be suitor isn't any fun.