Wherein the Bear Nearly Loses His Head

TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
edited September 2013 in Event Scrolls
  1. To preface this: Zouviqil has poured her soul out to Tark a good bit, and a lot of unhappiness and such coming from feeling ignored/alone due to her family.  Tark, being the simple bear with the feels for his elf chica, gets it in his head that he's going to attempt to further put a wedge between Zouviqil and her Serenwilde family by getting Hiriako to kill him.  What ensues is some of my better trolling ever.  Location is Faethorn, at Maeve's terrace.

Greywalker Hiriako Myeras says, "Greetings."
  3. Penumbra Tarkenton eyes Hiriako for a moment, a nervous expression painting his face before resolve replaces it. "Greetings, Chief Myeras," he replies, his tone confident.
  5. You say to Hiriako, "I take it we are close enough to the Maeve for our meeting? Or do you wish to be directly in her presence?"
  7. Greywalker Hiriako Myeras tips his head politely in greeting. "Good day, Tarkenton. You wished to meet on a topic you said is of some import?" He eases his blade to the ground, hands resting atop the hilt as he stands before you to speak. "This is perfectly fine."
  9. Penumbra Tarkenton nods, and holds his hands out to Hiriako, demonstrating his lack of weapon or shield. He lowers the hoods of his robes as well, baring his face and leaving no question of his peaceful intent. "I wish to speak to you upon family, Myeras."
  11. Grinning a tad insolently, you say to Hiriako, "Yours, specifically."
  13. Greywalker Hiriako Myeras raises his brow, a perhaps somewhat amused smile drifting over his face. "My family? Well, do continue. I cannot say this is a topic I much expected to hear raised, but then again, the entirety of this situation finds me muddled."
  15. Tarkenton's smile grows, though it is gone a moment later as he exercises some discipline over his features. "Your daughter, Zouviqil, she is well I hope?"

Grinning slyly, you say to Hiriako, "You've spoken to her lately?"
  17. Greywalker Hiriako Myeras quirks his brow at this inquiry, but he replies truthfully, with a nod and a word. "Aye." The latter question causes some pause. "Perhaps not as recently as I would wish."
  19. Penumbra Tarkenton frowns at Hiriako, and a hint of a snarl enters his voice, "Then, Myeras, how do you know she is well? That she is happy, sad, safe or in danger? I suppose, in short, how do you call yourself her father at all?"
  21. Greywalker Hiriako Myeras tenses his fingers about his sword's hilt for a second, then calms, no more measure of irritation shown. "Family cannot always stay close, even if they are such. In our last conversation, she was well. We have not caught each other in the interim. I trust you've experienced times when you cannot be constantly beside a loved one. I hope that she has learned well, and does keep smiling. Should that not be, then I hope I might soon find her to comfort her."
  23. Penumbra Tarkenton laughs suddenly, loudly, stalking towards Hiriako to laugh directly in Hiriako's face. "Foolish Myeras," he growls once his laughter abates. "She does keep smiling, through no effort of her family. She learns well, and will continue to learn, I think, once she knows Mother Night's teachings. And her family will be close, once we decide we are ready to wed." The last is said lightly after a pause, as if it's an unimportant detail.
  25. Greywalker Hiriako Myeras allows himself a slow sigh, shaking his head sadly as he brings his hand more properly to bear upon his blade. "If you bring me here to threaten me, then I assure you that it shall not end kindly for you. If you come here to proselytize, then I suggest you depart now. Your posturing does not scare nor concern me. Should there be truth in your words, it simply saddens me. Have you more to say?"
  27. Tarkenton's voice breaks into laughter again. "Ask yourself where she is, Myeras, and why she is there. She stands ready to join the Southern forest, thanks to me. Your daughter, plucked from your hand. And now mine," he replies, and smirks at you. "Use that blade if you wish, else put it away old fool."
  29. Kio bows respectfully to Hiriako.
  31. You nod your head at Kio.
  33. Hiriako smirks.
  35. Calmly, Prince Kio d'Illici, Twice-Darkened Bloodsage says to you, "I do hope you are treating the Greywalker with the respect he deserves?"
  37. You say to Kio, "Pah."
  39. Calmly, Prince Kio d'Illici, Twice-Darkened Bloodsage says to you, "Hmm?"
  41. Greywalker Hiriako Myeras says, "He speaks threats and insults. Far from respect. But I will treat him as the child he is and simply allow his posturing to pass. Should it occur again, I will not be so kind. Good day."
  43. Penumbra Tarkenton considers Kio for a moment, then shrugs. "As such as he deserves, yes Papa," he replies.

44. Kio gives you a pained sigh.
  46. Hiriako holds the Flame of dae'Seren aloft and an emerald light shines forth, revealing a hazy hallway of ancient trees. As Hiriako walks through the hallway, the trees close around him and disappear.

Comments

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Totally surprised you didn't get decap'd. Fun read though!
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I have it on good authority that it was a near thing.
  • Maaaaaaaaaan. Now I kinda wanna edit the log of Kio ripping Tark a new one for being an insolent dolt.

But I'll save it for later.
  • The good authority being me. Kio, I -would- like to see that log.
    It was pretty epic.  But it's Kio's to post, since there's a lot of Kio-ness in it.
  • Also, next time don't try to distract me while I'm finishing up dinner! I got delayed and kept having to run to check on things. I burnt the couscous a little. :( I'll be glad to let things continue a little more in the future, if I'm not occupied.
    SORRY!  Burnt couscous is no good.  I burnt the rice and lentils the other night thanks to distractions *peer Zouvi and Kio*
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    I have... NO idea what you're talking about...
  • Eh, it was just the layer at the bottom of the pan. The rest of the meal to break the fast went quite well, and even that is mostly going to be annoying to clean.
  • KioKio
    edited September 2013
    Hiriako said:
    The good authority being me. Kio, I -would- like to see that log.

One day, Hiri. One day.  Until then, I'll give you Kio's response to the situation with Hiriako (note: Kio still doesn't know what was said or how long they spoke with each other):

You tell Penumbra Tarkenton, "Oh, and kiddo."

You tell Penumbra Tarkenton, "I expect ya ta send Hiriako a letter apologizin' for being a prick."

Tarkenton tells you, "I will take each point of my insulting tirade, consider it, and apologize appropriately."

You tell Penumbra Tarkenton, "No."

Tarkenton tells you, "You may read it first, if you wish."

You tell Penumbra Tarkenton, "You will pretend you're apologizing to me for saying the exact same things."

Tarkenton tells you, "..."

Tarkenton tells you, "Understood, Prince."

Oh.  And here's Kio's response after reading the letter:

You give a pained sigh.

You give a ruined sheet of scorched stationery to Penumbra Tarkenton.

Penumbra Tarkenton says, "Not quite what you wished, Prince?"

Flatly, you say to Tarkenton, "You do not mask your temper nor your apparent thought that the Glomdoring is better than the Serenwilde well, son."

Sighing softly as he spares a glance to Zouviqil, you say to Tarkenton, "She will be good for you. You will learn that Nature knows no 'philosophy.' Nature simply is."
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Burnt couscuos? I'd have gone back and decapped him for that alone!

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!