Seeking understanding of Forged Item Durability

Hey gang,

I'm just trying to understand this. I found no detailed help files, I asked plenty of people, no one could explain it. I come to the collected knowledge of the great forums, seeking understanding.

Thankoo

Here is my best guess:
Every time the item hits or gets hit, it gets damaged. You use Repair from forging to repair that damage. But Repair only repairs so much and if it drops below that, then it will be permanently damaged and will have to be reforged. There is a rune that I assume works like alcohol tolerance, randomly ignoring a hit on durability. But, I have no idea how current durability actually affects anything.

Best Answer

Answers

• Thanks for the great reply!

When should I be thinking about replacing my armor then?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Um... I don't know.  I usually do it when it's showing up on Audit, but that's just for my helm; my plate doesn't actually decay.  I'd suggest doing it when things that you're used to hunting start feeling like they are hurting you more than you're used to / can stand.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    If you haven't come across it yet, ARMSTAT is a command that you can use to check how effective your armour is with regard to its age/durability. If you are using bonded masterplate, you can always repair your plate to top condition, but your helm's condition may become too poor that you would be better off forging a new one rather than waiting for it to decay.
  • Thank you.

I have been using armstat. Is there a similar command for weapons?