The Ascension of Vivet Pavok

ShaddusShaddus , the Leper MessiahOutside your window.
edited September 2013 in Event Scrolls
(Hallifax): Maellio says, "Citizens, the Vernal Ascension of Primus Vivet will be occurring 
presently at the Matrix. All are encouraged to attend and receive their bureaucratically alloted 
pomp and circumstance."

You unfurl a standard of the Sentinel Company and stand straight, representing your squadron.

(Anti-Svana Clan): Maellio says, "Klaatu Barada Guildleader."

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "This appears to be everyone."

Maellio clears his throat.

The winds turn icy cold as they rage and shriek.

Talan gives the world a thumbs up.
-
Talan Ysav'rai, the Voice of Reason says, "Good. Wind."

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Now then, I am informed that prior 
to the officiating there are some manner of cultural offerings to be made by the Symphonium?"

Talan Ysav'rai, the Voice of Reason says, "Yes."

Stewardess Elanorwen says, "I'll take some entrails."
-
Stewardess Elanorwen says, "Or... not that kind of offering?"
-
Vivet looks up into the air for divine inspiration.
-
Dryly, Talan Ysav'rai, the Voice of Reason says, "Let's let me sing first, and then we can call it 
entrails."

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says to Talan, "If you would proceed."

Talan Ysav'rai, the Voice of Reason says to Vivet, "I'm incredibly proud of you and happy for you. 
Since coming here, you have been a teacher, a fellow soldier, a voice of reason, a sounding board. 
In short, you are all things, which is why you are so well suited to the honor with which you are 
about to be imbued."

Talan Ysav'rai, the Voice of Reason says to Vivet, "You are a person of many aspects, and there is 
to my mind an apt comparison to the wind, which also comes in many forms. For that reason, I have a 
short song in this theme."

Talan Ysav'rai, the Voice of Reason takes a small box from her pocket and places it on the ground. 
She opens it and steps back quickly to reveal a projection of the State Symphony Orchestra.

Talan Ysav'rai, the Voice of Reason says, "I bet you were all wondering why I picked it up when the 
ballroom opened, well, I have been carrying it around for this purpose."

Talan Ysav'rai, the Voice of Reason says, "And so..."

Talan Ysav'rai, the Voice of Reason taps her bow lightly against the matrix, summoning the orchestra 
and audience to attention.
-
A soft melody beginning with a single flute, breathy and lilting. The sinuous melody continues, 
joined progressively by more of the woodwinds. A soft oboe harmonizes with the deeper bassoon, and 
Talan stands, bowing her head once to Vivet as she begins to sing.
-
Her voice light and clear, Talan Ysav'rai, the Voice of Reason sings, "Your rise is not sudden, but 
like as the wind."
-
Talan Ysav'rai, the Voice of Reason sings, "Which starts as a whisper, a breeze calm and thin."
-
Punctuated by the swelling rumble of timpani, a crescendo builds as the rest of the orchestra joins 
the delicate flutes, horns blowing strong in a clash of sound, thunderously loud. Talan continues to 
keep her eyes trained on Vivet as she belts the next verse.
-
Dropping to a strong and throaty alto, Talan Ysav'rai, the Voice of Reason sings, "It grows to a 
bluster, a tempest, a gale,."
-
Talan Ysav'rai, the Voice of Reason sings, "It goes from that whisper right on to a wail."
-
The melody turns playful as Vivet's piece continues. The high piccolo trills and dances through the 
scales, sometimes joined by the violins and sometimes harmonizing with them. The dainty notes of the 
harp sound whimsical, and the horns roll through major chords as Talan continues.
-
Talan Ysav'rai, the Voice of Reason sings, "And it also ebbs, and it slows, and it tapers,."
-
Grinning, Talan Ysav'rai, the Voice of Reason sings, "With delicate eddies still scattering papers."
-
The music comes together in a steady stream, softening while the French horn and clarinet play 
together. The contrast is stark, but not unpleasant, soon becoming complimentary as the sounds blend.
 Talan continues singing to Vivet.
-
Her voice even and high, Talan Ysav'rai, the Voice of Reason sings, "From the west it comes soothing,
 a balm to the ail."
-
Strong and clear, Talan Ysav'rai, the Voice of Reason sings, "From the east it gusts sharply, a push 
to the sail."
-
The music rises in a final swell of brilliant harmony, the sound resonating in sonorous tones. 
Talan's voice rises with the music, a clarion bell while the orchestra continues to play for Vivet.
-
Talan Ysav'rai, the Voice of Reason sings, "From the north or the south, flowing out, rushing in,."
-
Talan Ysav'rai, the Voice of Reason sings, "But always a constant, persistent, the wind."
-
Reaching its final peak, the orchestra ends at a clamorous high. There is a beat of silence, and 
then the full orchestra concludes the piece with a soft chord. Talan bows to Vivet before stepping 
away.

Doman's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

Talan Ysav'rai, the Voice of Reason carefully closes the box, and the projection fades. She scoops 
it into her pocket once again.

Primus Vivet Pavok says to Talan, "That was wonderful!"

Iytha gives up a round of applause.

Talan Ysav'rai, the Voice of Reason says to Vivet, "I won't say you are the wind beneath our wings 
or something ridiculous, but may you be ever as constant and soothing a presence."

Entrias stows his gauntlets in his belt, clapping politely.

Talan Ysav'rai, the Voice of Reason says to Vivet, "Good luck."

Talan smiles softly.

The corners of Vivet's mouth turn up as she grins mischievously.

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "A most fitting tribute, thank you 
Talan."

Turning to the assembled, Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Hath any 
others have such to say or sing or otherwise for the Primus?"

You have emoted: Chancellor Entrias Pavok, Chief Superintendent nods respectfully to Maellio, 
stepping forward.

Nodding to Entrias, Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Carry on, 
Chancellor."

Chancellor Entrias Pavok, Chief Superintendent nods, tapping his halberd on the 
ground before turning to Vivet. "Primus Pavok... sister. For as long as I have known you, you have 
been a tribute to Collectivism, Harmony, and Hallifax. You work tirelessly to further the goals of 
those around you, without complaint or request for reward. You are, without a doubt, the 
quintessential Hallifaxian. I am proud to call you friend, leader, and sister."

You have emoted: Chancellor Entrias Pavok, Chief Superintendent gives another nod to Maellio before 
stepping back into the ranks of those around him, his banner flying in the breeze.

Talan Ysav'rai, the Voice of Reason nods along with the words.

Vivet nods solemnly.

Nodding, Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Any others of the 
assembled?"

Elanorwen purses her lips, deep in thought.

Stewardess Elanorwen says, "Those that know me will say that I'm a person of few words, and I will 
hardly disappoint them."

Talan chuckles long and heartily.

Stewardess Elanorwen says, "Good luck, Vivet. I will be there to support you in whatever task you 
look to accomplish."

Maellio nods his head emphatically.

Celestial Crythor Iytha says, "If I had known about this ahead of time, I might had prepared 
something more poetic to say. So instead I'll go with "Good luck and great success to you, Vivet."

Celestial Crythor Iytha says, "Do Hallifax proud."

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says to Vivet, "And now, having born 
witness to those professions of support from the assembled, have you anything to address in kind 
Primus?"

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "Yes."

Vivet exhales slowly, allowing a long fluid breath to creep from her lungs.

The perception of time momentarily slows to a fraction as Lachesis studies the Tapestry of Fate, 
carefully measuring each strand before making notations in a great tome. Time rushes forward as the 
memory fades, yet the feeling remains that your history in Lusternia is recorded in the great annals 
of fate, for better or for worse.

Gazing out among those gathered, Primus Vivet Pavok says, "Citizens, Comrades..."

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "I have been among you ever since I have stepped from the Portal of Fate, 
starting as little more than a lost pauper with no sense of direction or purpose."

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "It is through you, and among you, that I have grown. There have been many 
lessons along the way - not always easy, not always painless - but one in particular which I feel is 
always due emphasis."

Solemnly, Primus Vivet Pavok says, "I wish to remind you all of the paradox inherent in conviction."

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "Without it, we are but inert. The scientist has no need to seek, the 
artist loses inspiration, and the warrior has nothing to fight for."

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "Yet at the same time, there are few things more dangerous or foolish than 
one so gripped by their convictions that they see nothing else."

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "It can make us mortals just as easily as it can destroy us."

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "The proper reining and order of conviction, hence, is essential, and is 
one of the great strengths that the Collective opens to us. As we advance and develop, we also 
reflect and re-evaluate. We employ our insight to not only advance outwards, but to flourish and 
renew inwards. For that, we need each other in order to maximize our exchanges and criticisms, so 
that we might realign and reinvigorate our convictions as necessary."
-
Primus Vivet Pavok says, "Today, you have chosen me as your Ascendant, to be imbued with the 
energies of the Matrix. You honour me with your decision - that I am worthy of taking this mantle in 
service to the city and its interests, and that I am properly representative of our mores and 
aspirations."

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "It is my goal, hence, to move forth with the conviction you have placed 
upon me."
-
Primus Vivet Pavok says, "Though I may falter, though I may bleed, though I may err, though I may 
die..."

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "I will not allow these things to deter me from returning and remaining in 
service. I will not allow you to lose yourselves nor your direction, either. I will see us through, 
to the best of my abilities."

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "That is my promise to you, and that is all the more I have to say."

Chancellor Entrias Pavok, Chief Superintendent spares a soft smile for Vivet before 
turning back to Maellio with interest.

-
Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "And so I have no doubt this promise 
will be upheld, now then..."

-
Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says to you, "Superintendent, present arms.
"

You snap to attention zealously and stand with perfect military posture as ready as can be.
-
You give the world a smart salute.

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says to Vivet, "Primus, through nomination 
of your peers, deliberation of the Board, and majority vote of the Collective you have been selected 
for the honour of serving as our Vernal Ascendant."

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "You are being entrusted not merely 
to be imbued with a gross portion of the Matrix Aetheric Power for the elevation of your person to 
Vernalhood..."

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "... but with the public 
responsibility to represent us and lead us on the fields of battle and decorum."

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Do you formally accept this charge 
and the responsibilities inherent therein?"

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "Yes, I do."

You see the following people here:
Renard, Maellio, Vivet, Iytha, Talan, Elanorwen, Doman, Entrias.

Turning to the assembled, Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Citizens 
of Hallifax, and guest, do you affirm your status in support of this course of action on behalf of 
the Collective, or your relevant reason for attendance."

You say, "For the Sentinel Company, I do."

Talan Ysav'rai, the Voice of Reason says, "Aye!"

Doman nods his head at Maellio.

Iytha nods her head at Maellio.

Stewardess Elanorwen says, "I just hit things on the head with other things, so... for me, I do."
-

-
Turning back to Vivet, Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Then, by the 
legal authority granted me by the Articles of Hallifax, in accordance with the recorded support of 
the Board and the assembled witnesses, I formally imbue Vivet Pavok with the energies of the Matrix.
"
-
Vivet steps towards the Matrix and places her hands on it, causing the mandalas within to suddenly 
turn and around and around, creating ever more complex fractals. Starting at her feet, lines of 
power rise up, wrapping around her and forming a brilliant helix. Face aglow with rapturous visions, 
Vivet suddenly stiffens as she is suffused by incredible powers and rises as a Vernal Ascendant!
A new Ascendant rises! By decree of Warlord Maellio and with full support of the Board of Directors, 
let it be known that the Grand Dominion of Hallifax has this day imbued Vivet with the energies of 
the Matrix, raising a Vernal Ascendant!
-
The Matrix darkens slightly as its core begins to dim, its velocity slowed.

(Anti-Svana Clan): Elanorwen says, "Now go pay up the power."

Chancellor Entrias Pavok, Chief Superintendent applauds politely, smiling at Vivet. "Well done, Primus."

Insane, mad cackling erupts from the aether as Svana's voice booms across the land, "That was dumb."

Elanorwen gives Vivet a peck on the cheek.
-
Air Neophyte Renard idly scratches at his ear.

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "And, in full witness of the 
assembled, a waiver for the imbued power may be collected from the Power Ministry."

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    As an aside, it saddens me that more people liked Vivet's post script than the ceremony itself :/
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I've already told @Maellio that it seems every official action he takes resembles a wedding, and this is no different :P .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Wait... there's an anti-Svana clan?
  • I'd like to be inducted.