Orclach Whips

124»

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Uh. maybe -you- do :P

Wildarrane's CairnLargo's syntax was changed, and uses the guild emote to work. So if you have it active, you can't use the guild emote. A simple change, but we had to use our last envoy slot to get it changed instead of the admin simply making it something different.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    To be fair, you honestly could have gone to envoys for a lot of things. There's quite a few who just didn't know what to do with their slots and offered it around.
  • Er, how many times did I ask for dingbat ideas? I really really REALLY would like some fresh ideas for artifacts but, alas, the suggestions we got were mostly for manse items that produce flavor items or commodities which I didn't think would be much in demand and/or not worth the coding effort. Anyway, if you see me keep posting asking for ideas on dingbats, and even when I specifically say I'd consider more traditional artifacts ideas for dingbat items, you can rest assured that something will likely be coming! Of course, I need to like the idea, which also can't be overpowered and which we also don't need to devote too much coding time to... and I'd prefer if it could be used irregardless of whether you have a manse or a beast or a certain class or a demigod (or not a demigod) but... well, you get the idea! When it comes to artifact-type ideas, I have been known to scour old artifact threads!

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited October 2013
    (needy spouse badge)
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    So can I post my (old) ideas again now or what.
  • Rivius said:
    (needy spouse badge)
    I like this idea!
    You can even make it a range of items, for siblings, children and parents as well.

A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I still want the doll recycler or the curio piece recycler.  I'd pay something for those!
  • Every time there's a monthly promotion put the reward up for sale! February's to be more specific. :D
  • I am quite happy with my Divinus whip. I find it on par with using rapiers/hammers when fighting something without divinus weakness, and notably stronger if they DO have divinus weakness. Good for Astral hunts.
  • I find that I still kill most things faster with my bardiche than with the whip, even if they have resistances against my bardiche (but have no weaknesses to divinus). Astral was quicker with the whip though.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    You should charge dingbats for them.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Little late to be replying to this stuff, but on discovering certain forms of DMP doesn't affect bashing and envoys having prior knowledge...

I noticed about 9-12 months ago that DarkBeer DMP and Tattoo DMP were not having an effect on my bashing damage when used against my beast. I went inactive before I could test it more thoroughly. I tested AmberBeer and Drunk Dwarf protective DMP thoroughly and they definitely have an effect on mitigating bashing damage.

Whilst I'm still not back to actively playing, I was around when whips were released and had some spare dingbats so I bought one to test, as they were supposed to be similar in damage to Destruction I did some testing with Morkarion (who turned out to be the wrong person to test against since he's pretty much at the glass ceiling for Destruction damage) and noticed a fairly hefty discrepancy which I mentioned over the envoy channel. I then did more testing and remembered that DMP didn't seem to effect bashing damage, mentioned that over the envoy channel and over an OOC clan at the same time. I roped Ardmore and Neos in to test out different bashing attacks on their beast to see if it was true for everyone.

I only spotted the problem because I like testing bashing numbers and Iosai switched on DMP for bashing damage within about 2 hours of me reporting it (<3).

Envoys definitely didn't know about it ahead of time.
  • Could someone maybe post up item descriptions and the attacks for the whips?

While it's "only" 200 dingbats, I'm a bit wary of getting things that well... don't suit my character.
  • Shaddus said:
    It's not so much that as that there's a lot of us asking for specific things for years, and we rarely ever get them or we're told to go through our envoy for simple fixes, but then we commonly get new things we didn't ask for or need. I'm not saying we don't appreciate what you do, but.... it would be nice if the things we need would come before the things we want in some aspects, especially designers.
    Don't be silly. Designers are the smallest, least worthwhile group of players around. Why would you want the things you mentioned examined when you can have dozens and dozens of curios, or extra dingbat funsies?