Absence Thread

Comments

• As the drugs wear off, I think I overestimated how much I'd be around this weekend. I just need... like... Doctor Who, ice cream and a pillow fort while I get through the aftermath of having my wisdom teeth out.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I'll be back this weekend, been having crazy work schedule problems. But now the state inspectors are gone, and things can return to semi-normal!
  • Svorai said:
    As the drugs wear off, I think I overestimated how much I'd be around this weekend. I just need... like... Doctor Who, ice cream and a pillow fort while I get through the aftermath of having my wisdom teeth out.
    Did they not send you home with a ton of opiates? That was my experience, but that was 10 years ago.
  • KioKio
    edited August 2013
    The reason I pestered you so much about it, Svo, is I had mine out in December, right before Christmas. All four had to go and three were impacted. I didn't eat -anything- for two days and didn't leave the house for a week and a half.

Plus side: getting them removed had the side-effect of finding out I grind my teeth at night.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    I'm going to be around even less than I have been for pretty much the foreseeable future. If there's someone to take over positions I'm holding, go for it. Otherwise, messages using the toolbar and a scant few minutes here and there as I can scrounge them will have to suffice for keeping things ticking over.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Ushaara said:
    If there's someone to take over positions I'm holding, go for it.
    It would be much better to indicate this IC, along the proper channels.

We'll miss you!
  • I'm juggling several things in real life right now that mean I don't have the time/energy to long in for extended periods of time. Hopefully things'll be resolved soon. I have ideas! plans! Things to write!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Can we get a dislike button? Too many people use the disagree button for things they simply dislike.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • For any that have noticed an absence on my part, my computer is toast and unfortunately I have other expenses that come first. Hopefully I'll be able to be back in soon. Until then I will have some very short appearances when I can snag a moment on the phone or someone's laptop. See you all as soon as I can manage.
  • Since I'm moving to Belfast soon, I'm gonna be absent until I can get myself a new net provider over there. Hopefully it won't be too long but... it's a just in case.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Work is getting crazy again, someone else quit. Until my day off (Tues) when I can catch up on sleep, I'm not likely to be doing more than answering messages.
  • This week has been a pattern of 5-7am starts and 9pm-1am finishes. Sorry I haven't been around much... when the weekend comes, it'll be over. Woo.
  • Svorai said:
    This week has been a pattern of 5-7am starts and 9pm-1am finishes. Sorry I haven't been around much... when the weekend comes, it'll be over. Woo.
    yay i miss u
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Think I should take a bit of a break.. too many things piling on top of me and making me depressed. Be back sometime next weekend, I think.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Will be gone for a couple of more days with a shoddy showing possible, I'm so sorry to the like three to five people who look forward to seeing me IG. I'm swamped with school work (including a 20,000 word story, learning Canvas in HTML5 (Gods why)), family stuff (my sister broke her washer and guess who has to parse + send e-mails to+fro her), and doggy stuff (have been told by the vet I should wash my dog daily for the next three weeks, along with washing her paws daily and combing her daily... skittish Cocker Spaniel... fun fun).

Once the load lightens a little, I'll be back to bother everyone, and be bothered. Until then, if you want or need to contact me, you likely have my skype or Gmail!
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Hard drive crash. No more PC computer for me, and my mac has a really hard time running Mush.

I'll be absent until further notice.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • So as karma for me having time off and getting all relaxed, work is sending me away to remote regions of Australia.  With dubious internet access, I will be out of action for a week.  See you when I get back!!

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Been trying to adopt a "carry on regardless" attitude to my current RL situation. However it's got to a point where I need to tackle things head on, so I'll likely log on to do the daily Bard but otherwise won't be around for a while.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Take care, matey. Hope to see you back real soon!

• Morkarion said:
    Been trying to adopt a "carry on regardless" attitude to my current RL situation. However it's got to a point where I need to tackle things head on, so I'll likely log on to do the daily Bard but otherwise won't be around for a while.
    Hope everything works out man.  Sorry to hear you are going through this.
  • I don't know when I can come back. My life is work right now. I'm so sorry to everyone that I haven't followed up with on so many things.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Away until late Sunday, running round a field hitting people with sticks. Woo!
  • Still a number of weeks before I start playing again.  New job and a heap of other projects I want to get done.

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• I am moving house this upcoming week, between states. I expect to be working on it solidly through Sunday/Monday US time, and will be back in the old town on at least Tuesday and Thursday, so I may be a little scarce, depending on how things work out. With any luck, my internet will not be down during this point, I will simply be very very busy.
  • I will be out of town from Nov. 14-28 and will likely have very little to no Internet during that time. No doubt I'll be suffering some severe Lusternia withdrawal by the time I get back!
    Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.
  • Shaddus said:
    Can we get a dislike button? Too many people use the disagree button for things they simply dislike.
    So confused, should I dislike or disagree with this?
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Irillia said:
    I will be out of town from Nov. 14-28 and will likely have very little to no Internet during that time. No doubt I'll be suffering some severe Lusternia withdrawal by the time I get back!
    Your timing is terrible!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • And as a follow-up, my new modem is having severe wifi issues after three days of working tolerably (if somewhat wifi-laggy). Tech support coming tomorrow, hopefully it's just a dud they can replace.
  • Annnd I'm back now, it got fixed while I was at work this evening. See you in-game soon :)
  • Making it official. I'm going into dormancy. Don't know when I'll be back. Will pop into check the neighbourhood though. It's been a good game Lusternia!
    is dead like the dodo