NEW: What wrapwidth do you use?

edited October 2013 in Common Grounds

This is an updated poll for Estarra's question: "Since I am very old school, I tend to limit the wrap width to no more than 80, which means I code tables, etc. to be no wider than that. However, others strongly think I need to allow for wider tables. So in that regard, I'd like to get some sense of what players are using."

If you use and vote for wrapwidth 0, please also post saying what width you use client-side! Otherwise, if you use wrapwidth 0 in-game, feel free to vote for the option which covers your client-side wrapping.

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Is it even possible to use wrapwidth 1?

/me tests and finds out that no, the minimum is 10.

Darn, this poll lies to me!

(I am at 150 characters wrapwidth on my client though)
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    I use wrapwidth 80 client-side.

• I use anywhere from wrapwidth 100-110 client side. Depends on if I need to look at notes or not XD
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • I use wrapwidth 80 on my client.
  • edited February 2014

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited October 2013
    I use about 90 client-side out of habit. Never really like mudding on widescreen.

I use wrap-width 0 ingame for the reason that Iasmos stated.

Edit: Whoops. Wish I could change my answer!
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I use 0 so my triggers work. I keep my window small enough that ingame tables and such don't have a bunch of empty space on the right side. Personally, I'd love to utilize more space.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I wrap lines at 100 on my client, with 0 wrapwidth in-game. I use a widescreen, but I also carry around my profiles on portable drives so I can play elsewhere if I need to, and using any more than 100 risks my profile not being possible to use without extensive tweaking (since I also use customized windows for my map, communication channels etc) if I am stuck on a small screen laptop.

• 80 on the clientside, 0 in-game for the triggers. I have a lot of miniwindows and the like on the sides of my screen, hence the narrower wrapwidth for the actual game.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods

While I (like everyone else) set my server-side wrapping to 0 for triggering, I use a pretty narrow column because I like to have something else going on in another window, so playing fullscreened is usually out... unless something pressing is going on.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    168 >_>

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited October 2013
    I have a question... couldn't you just write a quick and dirty program that parses through the CONFIG options for currently active characters level 60+ who have played long enough to be a mentor and generate a rock-solid readout?

Edit: I mean, it won't get you the client-side, but you're asking us to post the client-side here in the thread anyways- your poll is based on the actual in-game config setting.
  • 0, but client-side is at 80. In fact, I tend to keep my Notepad sized at 80 characters in the same font Lusternia uses so I can see how my files look for most folks.
  • 0 & 90 here. Normally I would use 100, but my user interface is very greedy.
  • 0 wrapwidth, 120 preferredwidth, generally 150 in client.
  • Also, if your aim is to allow for wider tables, well... isn't that what preferredwidth is for? CWHO etc. already uses that after all (although WARES doesn't, AFAIK).
  • Woah, woah... Preferred Width, I never knew that existed.

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Ingame is 0, client varies between 80 and up depending.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Wrap-width 94 Clientside.
    I like having windows and browsers and stuff open.

Is also the Shintar.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    100 clientside.
  • 80 on my phone, 100 on the computer. The rest of my gui is full of all sorts.
  • edited November 2013
    113 characters clientside.

Edit: Changed my font size to 11, wrapping at 100 characters now. This is far better on the eyes!
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    What's this data for again?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Wrapwidth zero in game, 150 characters on clientside, at least on my PC, my laptop takes smaller specs.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    100 characters client-side.
  • 0 in game, 120 client side.
  • 0 server-side, 110 client side.