I would buy that artifact IF….. Artifact review.

So clearly they want people to spend credits, one way is with new items. Another is tweaking existing ones.

Post here as to why you put off buying a specific artifact or why you think a particular artifact is overpriced and a bad deal.

Comments

• Doctoral Tam of the Anomaly: 2000 credits

-Can classflex every 75 rl hours (rather than 300 hours).

I would buy that artifact IF:

I could use it to help back up meld without getting stuck in a class I never wanted to play for three days.

• A miniature balloon (700 dingbats).

I would buy that artifact IF:

It could be test driven. No one is admitting to having this thing and I can’t pay that much for something without a test drive. Also if at this point no one has brought it (IF) then maybe the price is set too high.

• Aviator Goggles (350 dingbats)

- Detect anything flying (movement in/out of the room at flying elevation).

Won these and still felt cheated so traded them in. Maybe if they you know told you who flew into a room?

• Pearl Ring and Manna if the price was slashed at least in half. They're *far* too expensive for what they do.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Kiradawea said:
    Pearl Ring and Manna if the price was slashed at least in half. They're *far* too expensive for what they do.
    If they cut the price of the pearl ring I'd expect them to cut the price of the other elemental plane rings too - not really fair to have a ring that gives people an inherent advantage on one plane cheaper than ones for the other 3 elemental planes (Air/earth/fire)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'd buy the divine artifacts (font/symbol/mark) a lot more often if the price was cut. They're handy, but not as handy as they should be at that price.

I'd buy the fesix pack more often if it got converted to a rune for a normal pack, like the pipe runes did for pipes.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I'd buy the figurine rune if it didn't reset to level 1.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited February 2014

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Shaddus said:
    I'd buy the divine artifacts (font/symbol/mark) a lot more often if the price was cut. They're handy, but not as handy as they should be at that price. I'd buy the fesix pack more often if it got converted to a rune for a normal pack, like the pipe runes did for pipes.
    I really like this idea, and would probably buy one if this were the case.

I think all the trade artefacts that only work on self would be purchased more if they were lendable (I think the jeweller's hammer isn't? I would buy one if I could hand it out, since I'm not always a jeweller).
    edited November 2013
    Pretty sure a jewellers hammer can be used by someone else - doesn't state in the HELP ARTIFACTS TRADE file that it is only usable by the buyer... (If this is the case, it really needs to be added to the scroll)

That being said, the cost of the jewellers hammer feels awfully steep compared to the other artifacts which are between 200-400 credits to buy, but the jewelers hammer being 500

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Actually thinking about it I have borrowed one in the past, but yes, the price difference is interesting(/annoying) too.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    TL;DR: I would buy (insert artifact here) if the price were cut.

Yes, we all would.

It would be cool if all the artifacts were adjusted in price according to utility and not previous auction price, etc. etc.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Steingrim said:

Aviator Goggles (350 dingbats)

- Detect anything flying (movement in/out of the room at flying elevation).

Won these and still felt cheated so traded them in. Maybe if they you know told you who flew into a room?

They don't? I seem to recall them showing the name of the person entering/leaving. I even had an announcing trigger set up somewhere for when people enter/leave while flying.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Kiradawea said:
    Pearl Ring and Manna if the price was slashed at least in half. They're *far* too expensive for what they do.
    Considering what Manna can actually do at Ascendant level, it's not.

Manna just really isn't something for Demigods, I mean sure you can get +30 weight and have all the stats and a few extra powers on top, but it comes into it's own at Ascendant level.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Morkarion said:
    Kiradawea said:
    Considering what Manna can actually do at Ascendant level, it's not.

Manna just really isn't something for Demigods, I mean sure you can get +30 weight and have all the stats and a few extra powers on top, but it comes into it's own at Ascendant level.
    Not true if you have a seal... still a bit too expensive. Never mind that about 80% of ascendant powers are rather meh to begin with.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    The Seal power comes at free weight though?

And there are a lot of junk Ascendant powers, but the really really good ones cost you weight.

Morkarion said:
    The Seal power comes at free weight though?

And there are a lot of junk Ascendant powers, but the really really good ones cost you weight.
    Seal powers at free weight? I wish. I'd have all my Chaos powers then. It comes at free weight if you ascend from that seal... and it comes at no essence cost either from what I heard.

edited November 2013
    I was always of the understanding you get one power related to your Seal's domoth at no weight cost. You still need to buy it for Essence though.

Edit: If you're TA you get all 3. But seal bearers do get one.

Morkarion said:
    I was always of the understanding you get one power related to your Seal's domoth at no weight cost. You still need to buy it for Essence though.
    powers status
    ******************************[ Current Powers ]*******************************
    Name                         Type               Weight
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EndowmentOfLife              Supernumerary      9
    ChoiceLookMessage            Supernumerary      2
    ChoiceEnterMessage           Supernumerary      2
    EndowmentOfThought           Supernumerary      9
    EndowmentOfVanity            Supernumerary      9
    ChoiceTeleportMessage        Supernumerary      2
    ChoiceZap                    Ephemeral          0
    Seek                         Ephemeral          0
    ChoiceShout                  Ephemeral          0
    *******************************************************************************
    You are using 33 weight points.
    You have a maximum of 50 weight points for supernumerary powers available.

powers select dispersal supernumerary
    That power would put you over your supernumerary weight limit of 50.

That's odd, you might have to either clear weight to invest in it, or swap it in as Ephermeral first.

Alternatively it might require wearing the Seal, but talking with @Shuyin, it definately is free for Ascendants, Svorai got Attune for free earlier this year.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    It is only free for True Ascendants. If you have a seal you can buy one power but it still requires essence and weight.

As such, manna is incredibly useful for a Demigod with a Seal too.
    edited November 2013
    That doesn't make sense though, because then essentially Seals are useless for Vernal Ascendants, they can already buy those powers.

Edit: Still, it's using Manna to buy Ascendant powers, which was generally my point. It's not really something you get for regular Demigod abilities. Most Domoths have at least one really good ability to invest in, and buying the weight to afford that? It's worth what you pay for it.

Morkarion said:
    That doesn't make sense though, because then essentially Seals are useless for Vernal Ascendants, they can already buy those powers.

Edit: Still, it's using Manna to buy Ascendant powers, which was generally my point. It's not really something you get for regular Demigod abilities. Most Domoths have at least one really good ability to invest in, and buying the weight to afford that? It's worth what you pay for it.
    You get to do stage 1 (for that particular domoth) twice as fast. That's about all a seal gives to a vernal ascendant... oh, and 25 extra days on holding the domoth once you've claimed it. It's a bit wonky... in theory, it should also make it harder to get absolved/easier to absolve opposing domoth too, but never had a chance to test it.

Actually to bring this back on topic, I'd buy another Manna if they stacked.

I'm well aware they never will because that's a horrible idea and will totally screw game balance, but I'd still do it if you could.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    o I would have bought level 3 weapon runes if the gap between them and level 2s were like the gap between level 1 and level 2. It's kind of an unjustified extra cost for little gain. But in any case, warriors are changing soon, so it doesn't matter.

o I've boycotted pliers for reasons as well as the forging mallet.

That said, there are a number of not-so-useful artifacts that are way too high priced:

o Silver bubble pipe at 250 credits. <-- Hiding exits is worthless in this day and age of mappers. Might as well just retire them or make them a fun dingbat item at closer to 50db.
    o Rockeater's maw can easily be cut in half. 300 credits is way too much. I'd be shocked if anyone actually bought this.
    o Figurine runes are way too pricey for what they do.
    o Faerie wings can be cut in half. I have two free forms of flight though, so I wouldn't buy these myself.
    o The level 2 regeneration runes are waaaaay overpriced.

• edited February 2014

edited November 2013
    Keeping it at level 40 would be a tad overpowered IMHO, considering how much of a boost in esteem-to-essence it gives - that being said, returning it to level 1 is also a tad excessive as well. x_x

• So simple solution is to make it halve the levels.