Multiclass Proposal

12346»

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited November 2013
    I think the forget syntax is to return to your primary class (which costs the same as gaining something extra, oddly)?

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Yes and yes to both questions.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Critical question.

If you upgrade a Doctoral Cord of the Anomaly, does it become a Doctoral Tam of the Anomaly?

Yes, this matters.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

edited November 2013
    Wait, crap, no, looks like no.
  • Eh??? Please bug that!!
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Estarra said:
    Eh??? Please bug that!!
    Done, Ieptix fixed the typo already :D

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Parua said:
    How would you propose changing it? Because upping the requirement to kick a GL out, like 2 of the guild leadership and a GR 19 would be utterly dependant on having somebody in guild being GR 19

The only other solution would be to make GR19 need just 2 guild leaders to kick.
    I don't see a problem with GR19 requiring two guild leaders to kick. It protects someone who just got voted out from being kicked out by the person who replaced them... although I personally don't see that happening unless they were really troublesome, in which case they could've been kicked out by the other two guild leaders anyway and it keeps things in line where an elected official doesn't have less protection than a former elected official. But anyway, that's likely a discussion for somewhere else.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Update: the cord/tam is of the anomaly, but the help file is wrong.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Steingrim said:
    Lerad said:
     At any point in time, your guild leader can punt you out of your guild, and you lose the ability to activate your three guild skills should you deactivate them for any reason.
    HIGH ELDER GUILDMEMBER
       - It will take votes from all three elected guild officers to outguild you.

Really, just go back and read post 43 without reading into it. Note the part where I specifically ask about other orgs.

Never seen this thing. Additionally, I don't see how any guild member should have more "power" than an elected guild leader as it takes two guild leaders to outguild a third, but what you're saying is that to outguild a former elected official, it takes all three? That makes absolutely no sense at all. If it really does exist, I'd say it needs to be reported as a bug and looked into.
    No it isn't a bug and it isn't unfair. It is the remaining leaders. You can't assume the idiot GL will vote to remove themselves to be kicked out. It isn't simply to protect the person, but also to protect ALL leaders right to be consulted and vote.
    Wait, come again? If you classflex, you then need to skillflex in the skills? Is the limit on skillflexing upped, as if you had moved guilds? Otherwise you'd need to wait some time to flex in all three guild skills, as it limits you to only one at a time. (Also, obligatory comment about the hidden cost here, it's not 200/100 to classflex, it's 350/250)
  • Enyalida said:
    Wait, come again? If you classflex, you then need to skillflex in the skills? Is the limit on skillflexing upped, as if you had moved guilds? Otherwise you'd need to wait some time to flex in all three guild skills, as it limits you to only one at a time. (Also, obligatory comment about the hidden cost here, it's not 200/100 to classflex, it's 350/250)
    classflexing doesn't give you the skills. Think of it like when you join a guild. The main point seems to be get the artifact if you're doing it with any regularity, but you could work the system a bit if you have the base cord, just going to take you a few game days to activate skills. If you're taking about a covenant guild my read is that if you're willing to wait things out you can guildflex for 50 lessons.
    edited November 2013
    What? That's what I'm saying, let's look at it like this:

I am a Hartstone member with Druidry/Stag/Dreamweaving. I have permission to classflex in Shofangi skills, and have Shofangi/Harmony/Acrobatics trans'd. If I want to swap into Shofangi from my class, I pay 200/100 lessons to change my active class to Shofangi which automatically bumps Druidry/Stag/Dreamweaving to being temporarily forgotten. However, do I still need to SKILLCHOICE ACTIVATE <Kata/shofangi|harmony|acrobatics>? Does it count as 'changing a guild' for the purposes of the limit on flexing? 

If it does require activation, and does not count towards changing guild I would need to wait a total of three hours to activate all three skillsets because I would only be able to spend 50 lessons per hours, enough to activate one skillset. In any event, I don't see how you could possibly read being able to guildflex for 50 lessons, the explicit minimum cost (assuming you don't need to SKILLCHOICE ACTIVATE anything is 100 lessons. If you do need to activate, the theoretical minimum cost is something more like 175 lessons each change.

I'm not sure if we're both on the same page with this, or if you're just saying that paying up to 350 lessons to guildflex and wait three hours (or buy a really expensive artifact for this purpose) to have your skills is fair cost.
  • I assume you'd have to do that the first time, but once you went back to Hartstone your current Shofangi skills would be remembered... so the next time you go Shofangi, you'd have those skills back already active... could be wrong, but it's the only way that makes sense to me.
    That's the way it should probably be done, I just don't think that's the way it is done. Has anyone tried it yet? I assume no, because of the guild permission thing.
  • Also since there's a 300 hour limit on it. >_>
    I'm pretty sure that doesn't mean you need to be allowed to classflex for 300 hours before you actually can, heh.
  • edited November 2013
    No, but you would have no way of testing your logic without classflexing to your new class and then back.

Obviously classflexing to your new class, you'd have no skillsets defined, it would be when you classflex back that you'd see if it remembered where you left off.

However, I think you have to forget all those skills temporarily in order to even classflex, so I don't see how this would work.