Populated and Active Orgs

I don't pop in that often, but each time I do, this is generally what the orgs I'm in look like:

***************************[ THE CELESTINES GUILD ]****************************
Guildmember      Rank                  Position                 GT   GNT   CGT 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rami                1                                           On    On    On
Currently, there is 1 member on this Plane and 0 on other Planes.

************************[ COVENANT: THE CANTORS GUILD ]************************
Currently, there are 0 members on this Plane and 0 on other Planes.

********************[ THE HOLY PRINCIPALITY OF NEW CELEST ]********************
Citizen                Rank                     Position                    CT 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inagin                 Goodman                                              On
Rami         celestine Peasant                                              On
Glevich  aquamancer(h) Earl                     Ambassador                  On
1 aquamancer and 1 celestine present, of those 1 is a demigod/ascendant.
Currently, there are 3 Citizens on this Plane and 4 on other Planes.

I'm looking for a fairly active mud, since I've decided to take a long break from my home mud (Achaea). While Lusternia does have quite a few off-putting qualities, there is still potential. Mainly, I want to be in a very active and populated org. What are the most active orgs? How is the group PK here? I've never really liked 1v1, but love group combat. 

Helpful suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• I really do think it depends on timezone. Right now (morning, 8AM for me) there are 11 Glomdoring members on CWHO. 12 hours ago (8PM for me) there was only me and Ankastra online. That's a pretty big difference. I guess you just have to look for the org with the most people online during your timezone.

• Most orgs do have active populations and a crowd... but it depends on your time. At peak periods, you can expect up to 10+ people in celest easily. If anything they probably are one of the most populated during their peak.

Unfortunately, though, you'll never find an org with the amount of players that is usually in an Achaean org. 10+ is considered off-peak there, if I'm not wrong, and peak is 25+.

• I never really see less than 4 people online in Magnagora no matter what godforsaken hour I'm online at.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited November 2013
    Celestines is actually probably one of the busier guilds in New Celest, I have not been around much lately because of various RL commitments such as end-of-semester exams and my workload being backlogged a fair bit.  I hope to log in more often though - I tend to largely be around at off-peak hours due to being located in the GMT+13 timezone.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Wow, the other guilds must be completely empty. I could have sworn that, a few years ago, Celest had quite a few more players in it. I'm not sure about the other orgs.

I've only ever played Lusternia sporadically, and never really in long enough time frames to get very far beyond novice status. For instance, Rami is at level 64. I don't believe I've ever gotten another character beyond that point. 

Also, this message is often displayed: Growing ever larger in the night sky the Red Star pulsates, sending a cascade of scarlet sparks showering down upon the Basin of Life. During a bashing trip, I noticed that I was much tankier after that message once, then when it popped up again, I was much less able to tank damage. 
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited November 2013
    I don't think anyone else has noticed any effect of the Red Star message, which is related to the ongoing event.

It often will seem like you are mysteriously tankier, but most mobs have several attacks which are chosen randomly, and are usually of uneven strength. A string of luck, bad or good, can make it seem like you're suddenly tankier or less tanky.

But you might be right, and it's a secret effect!
  • There are a lot of factors that contribute to org overall population. Time of year, and time of day can have a decent impact on the playerbase as a whole, and so if you only play sporadically for short periods of time, you may be attaching undue weight to fairly typical fluctuations.

As to your observation about the red star message, it happens immediately after in game midnight. What may be happening is that one of your defences or buffs gets lost, or rerolled, when the day turns over.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Re: Tankiness--if you haven't played in a long while, you might have missed some race/class/stats/effects shuffling. I had the opposite effect--I suddenly became much squishier.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • It's also possible you were under one of the Chaos domoth blessings, which change every midnight (the Minor is +3 buff weight to a random stat, the Lesser is +regen to a random pool).
  • Aha, I think I remember seeing some kind of blessing on my DEF. If I'm remembering correctly, it disappeared sometime later as well. That's probably it. Thanks for the help, and I apologize for the ignorance.