Walking Endurance?

MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
Been away a bit clearly, but has something increased the cost of endurance? I'm dropping from 18k to like 8k with a simple trip around the basin with no afflictions in the way of chest stuff....

Comments

• edited February 2014

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Weather system now increases endurance cost?
  • Eww, I certainly hope not. There's enough of that sort of thing in MKO. You don't need it here too.

Does weather have anything to do with willpower drain? A single bashing trip through quinotaurs completely killed my willpower. I ended up having to spend 1 1/2 hours meditating it back. If nothing else puts players off of bashing, that mess will. Who wants to log in to spend all that time meditating when you can do -nothing- else during it?  
    Willpower has been a running issue for ages, and endurance might have been for warriors as well. That's nothing new as a willpower/endurance using class for bashing purposes. As a mage, however, my -walking- was reducing my endurance.  There's a reason there are multiple regen gems/artifacts/chairs and such to assist in this.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I didn't think that weather had an effect on endurance. It certainly does on speed. But, if weather does have an effect, check what you are wearing. For example, being overdressed in summer slows you down because you are sweltering. And being underdressed in winter does the same thing because you are freezing.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Sigh, I'm not talking about being slow though unless being slower effects endurance somehow? Endurance is lost with every step you take but I seem to be taking a lot more than I use to because as I said, one trip around the basin to gather simple bards/scholars takes me down a whole 10k endurance. Below is a list of defenses and diagnose in case any of these maybe just had a drain placed upon them recently (or increased)

You have the following defences active:
    Your excorable gland is 2% full.
    Your dexterity is under a Minor Blessing of the Domotheos of Chaos.
    You are under a Minor Blessing of the Domotheos of Knowledge.
    You are surrounded by a nimbus of cosmic protection.
    You can walk upon water.
    You are seeing death.
    You have an average gestalt composed of nine ikons.
    You are instilled with a need to hoard gold.
    Your blood is clotting by virtue of the Ray of the Kingdom.
    Your ego is regenerating by virtue of the Ray of Beauty.
    Your mana is regenerating by virtue of the Ray of Perfection.
    Your health is regenerating by virtue of the Ray of the Merciful Hand.
    You are invisible.
    You are under an illusion to look furrikin.
    You are blurry.
    You have an aura of protection around you.
    You are using your mind to make your body more dense.
    You have raised a mental bar to shield your mind from assault.
    You are sensing psionic activity.
    You are preparing to psychically lift your victims.
    You are a lich.
    Your body is prepared for lichdom when death comes knocking.
    You are shielded from the elements.
    You are filtering air from water for breathing.
    You are observing with a keen eye.
    You are surrounded by the Netzach Sphere.
    The pull of the earth roots you more firmly to the ground.
    Your actions are cloaked in secrecy.
    You are surrounded by phantom armour.
    Your vision is heightened to see in the dark.
    You are lipreading to overcome deafness.
    You have insomnia, and cannot easily go to sleep.
    Your insides are warmed by a fire potion.
    You are feeling quite selfish.
    You have ingested the kafe bean and are feeling extremely energetic.
    You are tempered against fire damage.
    You are more ready to handle electric currents.
    Your mind is sensing the death of others.
    You are attuned to the earth's pulse.
    Your skin is coated with supple granite.
    You are viewing the world through the third eye.
    Your sense of time is heightened, and your reactions are speeded.
    You are walking on a small cushion of air.
    You are riding Thesia Cylys, the white tiger.
    You are sensing disruptions in the aether.
    You are protected by 45 defences.

You are:
    an insomniac.
    You have 1 affliction.

Side thought, could Marani be doing it when I run through the mountains?
  • Hmm. Walking around normally, I drain four endurance per step. If I get a hasty message, I still lose two endurance. Weather or terrain doesn't seem to affect it, at least based on my very short test.
  • edited February 2014

• Define "brute force speedwalking"?
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I need to move twenty rooms west, and don't have any data on my hasty limit. Therefore, I will spam west until I hit hasty, wait a second, repeat spamming west until I hit hasty, and so on. If I lag, I may hit the hasty message a few times before I quit moving that way to wait for it to go back.

That sort of thing. Remember that in high weather, you get one move before you hit hasty. If you step out onto the mountains in the winter unprepared, that's where you likely will be: one room hasty limit.
  • Ah. Well, I did state that getting a hasty message does still cost you two endurance, so that would increase the endurance cost, yes.
  • Rami said:
    Eww, I certainly hope not. There's enough of that sort of thing in MKO. You don't need it here too.

Does weather have anything to do with willpower drain? A single bashing trip through quinotaurs completely killed my willpower. I ended up having to spend 1 1/2 hours meditating it back. If nothing else puts players off of bashing, that mess will. Who wants to log in to spend all that time meditating when you can do -nothing- else during it?  
    I'm not sure how long quinotaurs take, but if you use Kirigami it will restore half of your willpower after it decays which takes 1 hour. At lower levels of levels with low discipline willpower isn't sustainable forever. (Which stinks honestly) but kirigami helps quite a bit. I don't believe that weather has anything to do with willpower drain.
  • I have been making a few newbies for a project I am working on and have noticed this is an issue. while it is quick to regain as such low level (because you have so little to begin with), I never had this problem before when creating an alt, it is something newer that the whole weather system. and as a novice when you are running around because the fate told you too and you run our of endurance, kinda sucks.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

Daem said:
    Rami said:
    Eww, I certainly hope not. There's enough of that sort of thing in MKO. You don't need it here too.

I'm not sure how long quinotaurs take, but if you use Kirigami it will restore half of your willpower after it decays which takes 1 hour. At lower levels of levels with low discipline willpower isn't sustainable forever. (Which stinks honestly) but kirigami helps quite a bit. I don't believe that weather has anything to do with willpower drain.
    I think what they were meaning is the weather is slowing me down and I'm hitting hasty messages more which cause further drain. Just a guess. Also a side note may be the kirigami that I never noticed it in the past because of always having one up, but still 10k endurance doesn't seem right just for speedy trip around the basin. The numbers add up though. Couple thousand rooms x 4 with no regen arti
  • Have noticed this too. I thought it was actually an intended effect of stealth agility. But if everyone has it, that clears that up then. I personally find it to be horribly annoying and off-putting. I also seem to recall @Estarra saying that endurance and willpower is something they'd like to get rid off (possibly in the combat overhaul?).
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Could it be tied to the current wonkiness that SOMEONE let loose on the Basin? *peer*
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I've noticed a general higher endurance loss since the weather went crazytown.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!