Jojobo

2»

Comments

• It seems like in the Book of Clangorum that Maeve was created, then the Great Spirits were bound to the forests, then Sun got upset because he wanted to fight more directly, which resulted in him being harmed and requiring the elixir to heal him, which then lead to his being put to sleep and chained to the sun.

So, at least, he was probably bound to Jojoba at that time.
  • edited November 2013
    Ahem.

-There have been several clues handed to us as to the state of Jojobo and the concept of their own great tree. Though I wont put much time into this to actually gather the exact logs, we have been informed in the past that there are 8 Nexii in existence. A mention of this can be found in the Gnafia event where they infiltrated the nexii of the world and then brought about the release of Kenthuru.

- Other mentions as to the state of Jojobo can be deciphered from the visitors we have received. In the past we had received hunters from jojobo, which shows us that there is a somewhat tribal culture existing there. We also once received the druid from Jojobo, whom seemed to be rather well in mind and health, making us see that there may infact be a village that lives there. We also know that Druids connect to their forest through the great tree of it, so im assuming jojobo has its own as well.

- Other tidbit mentions can be gained from here and there. We know that the Sun already has His own unique fae created from his realm. It's a good chance that these fae were originally created by Rahm (the Awakener of Sun). You can find mention of these fae (their names arent the most simplest of things to remember, sorry) within the early events of the modern day attack of Sun upon Night and thus bringing about the return of Nocht.

- As a side note, one cannot attest that Sun is crazy, that is only a direct view of given to Sun back within the days where anything 'unusual' or 'soulless' was attested as corrupt. Remember that Sun was still a child back in the war of the soulless, and was already hyper as is. One could simply say that upon being administrated Fain's elixir, he became a forceful stubborn tantrum-starting child. It's been centuries since those first days, and who knows how Sun has now matured. Although one thing can be certain...he doesnt let go of a grudge...and what he wants..he never gives up on. Keep on chasing Sun, keep on fleeing Night.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    ""I will destroy you, Lake!" Sun roared. "I shall burn you to nothing! You are naught and nothing! If it takes me until the ends of time, I shall destroy you, Lake! Come to me, Night! We were always meant to be!""

Nooo, not crazy at all...

Plus, he won't have matured at all if anything with Jojobo should ever come to pass, because his memories were wiped and he was put in stasis.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Eritheyl said:
    ""I will destroy you, Lake!" Sun roared. "I shall burn you to nothing! You are naught and nothing! If it takes me until the ends of time, I shall destroy you, Lake! Come to me, Night! We were always meant to be!""

Plus, he won't have matured at all if anything with Jojobo should ever come to pass, because his memories were wiped and he was put in stasis.
    What do you mean he wouldnt have matured? It was stated more than 3 times in the lore that spirits first awakened are still juvenile and tempestuous, like children, and that it takes them some time to mature.

Also what you pointed out there isnt insanity, it could as easily be defined as obsession. To be obsessed is not to be insane.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Arcanis said:
    Eritheyl said:

What do you mean he wouldnt have matured? It was stated more than 3 times in the lore that spirits first awakened are still juvenile and tempestuous, like children, and that it takes them some time to mature.

Also what you pointed out there isnt insanity, it could as easily be defined as obsession. To be obsessed is not to be insane.
    I, err...I'm not sure how much clearer I could be on the maturing point. He's in stasis! Like, figuratively frozen in time and therefore not maturing or doing anything aside from being figuratively frozen in time.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • edited November 2013
    Eritheyl said:
    Arcanis said:
    Eritheyl said:

I, err...I'm not sure how much clearer I could be on the maturing point. He's in stasis! Like, figuratively frozen in time and therefore not maturing or doing anything aside from being figuratively frozen in time.
    He was put into a deep sleep, but it was still revealed later on that he retained consciousness, so he wasnt just laying there :p. Also he wasnt put into a time stasis field, so I believe he still 'matured'.

Lastly, you must remember that he has already awoken, back when he assaulted Night (in the modern age) and Nocht returned to save her. As to where he is now? And why he isnt running around as he was in the lore? Simply because as I had stated in my first point, he has now matured and isnt that laughing child he once was. As we had seen in the lore with the other spirits, they tended to just stay to themselves and do their roles in creation, more than likely Sun has also taken on this mature persona (albeit still retaining his special obsessive characteristics).

It's like they say, a young puppy may be full of energy and rushing around, but eventually he will get old and tamed.