Hallifaxian Wedding MK I

VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
Irillia was kind enough to clean up a log of my wedding with Elanorwen for me while I was busy doing other things, so here is what she has provided, all cleaned up and ready for viewing! If requested, I might go back and clean up my own log, but I think this is sufficient for most purposes, for those Halli players who couldn't make it.

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "As such, in the interest of not forcing everyone to wait, I believe we
shall begin."

Primus Vivet Pavok asks Elanorwen, "Shall we?"

Spire of the Lawgivers.
Banks of clouds roil about here. Four silver obelisks rise into the air, supporting a dome of
prismatic crystal. Wheezing heavily, a lank-haired, irritable war goat with curving rainbow horns
waits here. Surrounded by forks of white lightning, a scintillating gold thunderbird spreads his
white-feathered wings here, grey eyes alight with a considerate intellect. With silken wings dusted
with rose quartz unfurled, a violet gryphon is here, enveloped in a perfumed, lavender mist.
Harelvea, Cadenza Harmonia is here. She wields a wooden lute in her left hand. Zephyr Ahren is here.
Pejat Onz'Verheu is riding on a lank-haired war goat with curving rainbow horns. He wields a petite
mandolin scribed with a historic libretto in his left hand. High Scion Zyphora Windwhisper is here,
surrounded by a flurry of white feathers caught in a perfumed breeze. She wields a delicate crystal
staff in her right hand. Shifting Current Maligorn is here. Kicha, Cadenza Harmonia is here.
Undergraduate Rynd is here. He wields a steel claymore with both hands. Zephyr Lonaaka is here.
Primus Vivet Pavok is here. She wields a glowing powerstone in her left hand and an amethyst
domothean scalpel in her right. Commander Elanorwen of the Air Force floats here amidst a faint
twisting of paradigms and a murmuring, shifting whisper of alternate realities. She wields a
delicate crystal staff in her left hand. Doman Trueflight, Symphonic Visionary is here. He wields a
lambent vermeil viola inlaid with clockwork in his left hand and a rune-inscribed torch of heatless
flame in his right. Daraius stands here, growling softly to himself.
You see exits leading northeast, southeast, southwest, northwest, and up.

ex vivet
She is a feathered cloud trill vernal ascendant and possesses an unremarkable height and build for
her race, being utterly common in these regards. A halo of curling downy feathers radiates from her
scalp, which are starkly white nearest their roots and bear a pale touch of lavender along their
ends. The plumage of her wings is coloured similarly, with a few speckled flecks of violet bringing
the only additional change. Her complexion is pale. It exhibits the faintest cast of grey, made more
pronounced by her other features, and a pair of amber eyes which seem all the brighter by contrast.
She is wearing a multi-chain silver heart pendant, the Quintessential Mandala of Resplendent Harmony,
 a phylactery of prismatic crystal, a two-tone taffeta gown in pink and lavender and two-tone
taffeta dance slippers in pink and lavender. She walks with the truefavour of Zvoltz. She walks with
the truefavour of Estarra.

ex elanorwen
She is a nimble faeling demigoddess and is diminutive even among her own kin. Her form is strangely
translucent, at times growing clearer and at others less so, as though her link to the physical
world intermittently waxes and wanes; this ethereal nature is accentuated by the inherent grace with
which she moves. The fragility of her form is evident in her willowy limbs and slight frame, and is
further enhanced by her instinctual avoidance of drawing any form of attention to herself despite
the exquisite details of her features. Platinum blonde locks flow down to her tiny waist in
windblown waves, strung with sprigs of new growth that blush with the colour of spring. A fringe of
bangs frames startling eyes hued a deep, silver-speckled green, which tend to take in her
surroundings with a steady wariness. A petite, slightly beakish nose rests above delicate, pink-
tinged lips, which often bear an uncertain smile and reveal neat white teeth when parted. Framing
her entire delicate form are a pair of extraordinary, butterfly-like wings, their height and span
nearly twice that of her tiny figure. They retain the same measure of ethereal translucence despite
the waxing and waning of the rest of her body's clarity, spectral yet eerily beautiful as they
flutter behind her. When still, their hues can, with effort, be distinguished: a dark, ghostly
indigo base is patterned with wan swathes of forest browns and greens similar to the hue of her eyes,
 which then blend outwards in elegant swirls and streaks of pale violet and cerulean. They taper
into swallowtail tips, with wisp-like ribbons curving out from the bottoms to curl beneath her feet,
adding the final touch of delicacy to Elanorwen's ethereal form. She is wearing a teardrop pendulum
of starlit quartz, a dapper, silver-banded black felt hat, Spectacles of Clairvoyance, the
Quintessential Mandala of Resplendent Harmony, the Medallion of Chaos, a heartbreaker's amulet, a
handsome aristocrat's suit, white dress shoes, a tall, stately black top hat and an elegant,
pristinely white scarf accented with silver. She walks with the truefavour of Estarra.

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "Alright."

Vivet exhales slowly, allowing a long fluid breath to creep from her lungs.

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "Citizens, family, and friends, you are all gathered here today to witness
the marriage of Elanorwen and I. It is a course we both have had much time to reflect upon. As such,
it is natural that I might share some of the conclusions and assertions drawn between ourselves, and
the avenue by which we have arrived at them."

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "As a devotee of the Architect, I aspire to acknowledge and utilise the
five Foundations of His Design in all which I do. I've no doubt that you have heard them before: Law,
 Order, Structure, Unity, and Harmony. More often than not, how one accomplishes this isn't clearly
articulated. It is also my hope, then, to illustrate via example today."

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "The Foundations of the Design each help to define and shape one another,
enhancing their state of solidarity. Thus, in considering marriage and married life, I have plotted
out The Foundations of Marriage, to mirror their function and coordination."

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "The Foundations of Marriage may be defined as such: care, responsibility,
respect, knowledge, and love."

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "Care, in this instance, may best be defined as an active concern for the
vitality and growth of the recipient of such. Emphasis is placed on the active nature of this
foundation. To care is to directly engage in nurture, betterment, or maintenance."

Elanorwen suddenly inhales deeply.

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "The artist who produces immaculate work in spite of unkempt clothes and
poor grooming, as an example, displays very precisely where their care and attention lies."

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "In turn, the meaning and capacity to care is affected by responsibility."

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "Responsibility is not the same as duty, though they can work hand in hand.
Duty is imposed externally - responsibility is a wholly voluntary act, denoted by responsive
activity to needs of another, both expressed and unexpressed. Duty may often result in care, but can
carry a different meaning or weight if it is duty only."

Elanorwen gasps suddenly and begins to inhale and exhale deeply and rapidly.

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "On their own, or through coercion of other forces, care and responsibility
may well result in domination and possessiveness. As such, this is where the foundation of respect
comes into play."

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "The ability to see another as they are, and also to accept and embrace
that, is at the very core of respect. Thusly, respect implies a strict absence of exploitation,
which can indeed be difficult to achieve. This prevents one from becoming a crutch for the other, or
from one simply becoming an object of use."

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "It ensures independence for both parties, permitting both to continue to
function individually with minimal greivance or issue while maintaining the benefits of union."

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "However, none of these will be possible without sufficient knowledge. Care
and responsibility are blind if not guided with pertinent information, and proper respect for
another can become askew without understanding."

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "Care and responsibility may, in kind, direct one to seek knowledge not
just at the periphery, but pierce to the very core of the affected, to establish the deepest of
understandings that can adjust and adapt with the growth and change inherent in all life."

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "Through the careful coordination and orchestration of these four, love
thus becomes apparent, and is born from the harmonious balance established."

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "Marriage is at its strongest when these five foundations are realised and
anchored, just as civilisation itself is at its strongest with His Foundations to support it. I hope
you will find yourselves with some sense of agreement, and that you find it reflects in our
arrangements."

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "Now then..."

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "Having discussed this between ourselves and come to accept it as a guiding
method, Elanorwen and I wish to commence our union with a contract as well. The terms and
definitions have been arrived at through mutual exchange, and provide us with a basis for growth and
development beyond these foundations. It is meant to be rudimentary at this point, with the
potential for supplementary additions on anniversaries."

Vivet drops a palm sigil.

Vivet drops a shimmering crystalline scroll.

read scroll
"Contract for Matrimonial Unity, Beta Version", By Primus Vivet Pavok (Page 1)

The undersigned hereby affirm that they are of sound physical, mental,
and spiritual conditions, and are capable of making prudent judgment by
their own accord in the review and signing of this contract.

The undersigned agree to legal binding to each other under the
definition of one of two terms: Proposer or Receptor. These are most
simply defined as the individuals who proposed marriage and who received
the proposal, respectively.

The undersigned are to read and discuss the following provisions in
full:

I. Terms of Formation

i. The Proposer agrees to fully welcome the Receptor into their family,
affording them all the advantages and privileges as to be associated
with being a full family member.

ii. The Receptor agrees to cast off prior familial ties in order to be
fully incorporated into the Proposer's family, such that all actions
which may garner honour and prestige shall be recognised in association
with the Proposer's family.

iii. The undersigned agree to acknowledge that all descendants produced
throughout the duration of their marriage are to be recognised as
members of the Proposer's family unless otherwise negotiated by both of
those undersigned.

iv. The undersigned agree specifically to a monogamous arrangement for
the purposes of this contract, and recognise the need to redraft in full
should they determine to negotiate otherwise.

II. Terms of Maintenance

i. The undersigned agree to assist each other on a financial basis as is
necessary to ensure the adequate coverage of basic needs, such that
their ability to function in service to the Collective is not diminished
by simple material wants.

ii. The undersigned agree to provide physical, mental, and spiritual
support to one another as is applicable and as requested.

iii. The undersigned agree to assist one another in scholary and
artistic endeavours beneficial to the Collective, and acknowledge that
they may be the first sought when requesting such assistance.

iv. The undersigned agree to engage in the acquisition of descendants,
by which they may expand their family and advance their service to the
Collective.

v. The undersigned agree to share in the education, training, and
development of their descendants, with the degree and nature of the
division being open to negotiation.

vi. The undersigned agree to be active and dedicated citizens within the
city of Hallifax regardless of significant changes within their unified
living experience.

vii. The undersigned agree to negotiate on differences of opinion and
perspective without openly antagonising the other party over their
divide, as well as acquiring mutual agreement on any deadlines which may
be established for settlement.

viii. The undersigned agree to discuss any alleged breachs of contract
and seek mutual resolution as their primary goal.

ix. The undersigned agree to respect one another's privacy, and to be
especially mindful of any disclosures made in confidence.

III. Terms of Dissolution

i. The undersigned agree that they may refuse financial assistance to
one another on the grounds that the request constitutes a call for
extraordinary aid, such that it might bankrupt an entire family or
otherwise overburden the undersigned. Failure to properly negotiate the
difference between basic needs and extraordinary aid is considered an
acceptable term by which to request the dissolution of marriage.

ii. The undersigned agree that any attempts to subvert or wrongly
acquire the results of their scholarly and artistic endeavours between
themselves, especially when conducted for purposes other than service to
the Collective, is considered an acceptable term by which to request the
dissolution of marriage.

iii. The undersigned agree that refusal to engage in the acquisition of
descendants, or an inability to effectively negotiate methods of
acquisition is considered an acceptable term by which to request the
dissolution of marriage.

iv. The undersigned agree that the negligence or abandonment of
descendants is considered an acceptable term by which to request the
dissolution of marriage.

v. The undersigned agree that termination of citizenship to the city of
Hallifax is considered an acceptable term by which to request the
dissolution of marriage.

vi. The undersigned agree that being afflicted with a persistent
vegetative state for a period in excess of five years is considered an
acceptable term by which to request the dissolution of marriage. In this
instance, a persistent vegetative state is defined as one in which one
party is completely unable to negotiate or interact with the other in
any meaningful way.

vii. The undersigned agree that failure to come to mutual resolution
over breaches of contract, alleged or real, is considered an acceptable
term by which to request the dissolution of marriage.

viii. The undersigned agree that should dissolution occur, all shared
properties and assets are to be returned to the original owner from
before the initiation of marriage.

IV. Final Assessment

The presence of stamps relevant to the contracting parties signifies
acknowledgement and acceptance of these outlined terms of marriage and
recognises them as legally binding.

Klangiary 12th, 371 CE:
The seal of Primus Vivet Pavok is stamped onto the page: The initials "V.P." have been superimposed
over an intricate latticework globe in brilliant scarlet. Hairline traces of ink radiate from the
block letters as minute lightning bolts, discernible only with close inspection.
The seal of Commander Elanorwen of the Air Force is stamped onto the page: An ornate rendition of
the seal of Chaos overshadowed by a large crow bearing a crown that proclaims the name "Elanorwen"
has been stamped here.

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "We wish that you all take the time to review it. Upon completion, we ask
that you please raise your right hand, and declare that you accept recognition as a witness to our
contract and union."

Daraius Shevat crouches slightly to better view the scroll.

Primus Vivet Pavok smiles and says, "Please take your time."

Doman chuckles long and heartily.

Raising his right hand, Doman Trueflight, Symphonic Visionary says, "I accept recognition as witness
to your union...and I must say, this suits you...and I wish you the best."

Raising his right paw, Shifting Current Maligorn says, "I too declare acceptance of recognition, as
a witness to your union. And if I may, that speech about marriage was incredibly well-thought out
and profound."

Daraius Shevat straightens and raises his right hand.

Daraius Shevat says, "The contract appears to be in order."

High Scion Zyphora Windwhisper raises her right hand, stating with a smile, "I accept recognition as
a witness to your contract and union."

Right hand raised, Zephyr Lonaaka says, "I accept recognition as a witness to your union. I wish you
the of luck, and pray that that never should a reason to break the marriage come your way."

Kicha, Cadenza Harmonia raises her right hand, smiling broadly at both Vivet and Elanorwen. "I
declare that I accept and witness this contract, this union and wish both of you the best of luck."
She says, puffing out her chest to make sure that everyone can hear her without any issues.

Maligorn's ears perk up with a sudden interest.

Lonaaka reaches over and ruffles Kicha's hair fondly.

Rasing his right hand, Undergraduate Rynd says, "I accept recognition as a witness to your union,

Irillia raises her right hand and murmurs softly, "I accept recognition as a
witness to your union, Primus and Force Commander, and wish you the most harmonious and happy years
together."

Addressing Vivet and Elanorwen directly, Daraius Shevat says, "I accept recognition as a witness to
your union. May House Pavok flourish under your care."

Raising his right hand, Pejat Onz'Verheu says, ""I absolutely accept bearing whitness to this
wonderful event! May your marriage be eternally as lovely as this ceremony"."

Zephyr Ahren says, "I accept recognition as a witness to your union. May your union be fruitful.
(Raises her right paw)"

Primus Vivet Pavok asks, "Are there any others still catching up, or who need time to continue
looking over the contract?"

Harelvea, Cadenza Harmonia says, "I accept recognition as a witness to your union."

Harelvea, Cadenza Harmonia raises her right hand.

Primus Vivet Pavok laughingly says, "Well, I do quite believe that is everyone."

Vivet picks up a shimmering crystalline scroll.

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "Having completed that..."

Maligorn hums a happy tune.
Pejat beams broadly.
Lonaaka's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

Vivet ceases to wield a glowing powerstone in her left hand.

Vivet takes an austere silver wedding band from a parafilament purse.

Vivet begins to wield an austere silver wedding band in her left hand.

Elanorwen begins to wield a daisy wedding band in her right hand.

Primus Vivet Pavok asks Elanorwen, "Elanorwen, do you solemnly swear to abide by our contract, to
have and to hold me in times both good and bad, and to accept this ring as a symbol of our union?"

Commander Elanorwen of the Air Force takes a step closer to Vivet, taking a moment to gaze deeply in
Vivet's eyes before answering, "I do... with my whole heart."

Commander Elanorwen of the Air Force clears her throat slightly, a slight blush forming on her
cheeks.

Commander Elanorwen of the Air Force says, "I am not one for long speeches and such, but there is
something I'd like to say."

Maligorn's ears perk up with a sudden interest.
Vivet tilts her head and listens intently.
Lonaaka's ears perk up as her attention turns towards Elanorwen.
Daraius Shevat swivels his ears towards Elanorwen, listening carefully.
Zephyr Ahren's ears swivel as she pays particular attention.

Commander Elanorwen of the Air Force reaches out to take one of Vivet's hands in hers.

Commander Elanorwen of the Air Force says, "Before I met you, my life was pretty gloomy. I thought I
would never find love and comfort, I had practically given up on doing anything but slaughtering the
enemies of the Collective. You have opened my eyes to the wonders of the Basin... and of course, to
all that is our lovely city."

Commander Elanorwen of the Air Force says, "For that, I thank you."

Commander Elanorwen of the Air Force asks, "Vivet, do you solemnly swear to abide by our contract,
to have and to hold me in times both good and bad, and to accept this ring as a symbol of our
union?"

Zephyr Lonaaka dabs at her eyes.

Doman jerks slightly as the air fills with sparkling motes of bright light.

Among the sparkling motes of light, a translucent figure appears in the air and then quickly
solidifies as Entrias comes into view.

A tinge of pink creeping into her features, Primus Vivet Pavok says, "Yes, absolutely. I believe
I've already expressed before how you, too, have taught and revealed things to me that I wouldn't
have expected - particularly how to open my own heart up, past general formality and indifference.
But we are here for a purpose, and have had ample time for reflection, so let us move forward."

Vivet gives an austere silver wedding band to Commander Elanorwen of the Air Force.

Elanorwen gives a daisy wedding band to Primus Vivet Pavok.

Vivet slips into a daisy wedding band.

Elanorwen slips into an austere silver wedding band.

Primus Vivet Pavok says to Elanorwen, "Then by the powers invested in me via the Lord Architect, I
formally pronounce that we are locked in a state of matrimony."

Harelvea, Cadenza Harmonia claps lightly, a small smile lingering on her lips.

Vivet kisses Elanorwen passionately.

Pejat gives up a round of applause.

Lonaaka throws her hands into the air and gives a loud, "WOO!"

Lonaaka claps her hands together merrily.
Zyphora claps her hands together merrily.  
Maligorn bounces up and down.  
Ahren cheers wildly!
Oberst Entrias Pavok, Chancellor of the Collective applauds politely, smiling.
Shifting Current Maligorn says, "Amazing! Beautiful!"
You give up a round of applause.
Rynd claps his hands together merrily.
Shifting Current Maligorn exclaims, "Eloquent!"
Maligorn gives up a round of applause.
Doman's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.
Ahren smiles softly.

Commander Elanorwen of the Air Force smiles gently as she steps closer to Vivet, wrapping an around
Vivet's waist before dipping the trill backwards to plant a long, deep kiss to Vivet's lips.

Pejat Onz'Verheu says, "An absolutely stunning wedding!"

Beautiful wings of ice spring up from Elanorwen's shoulder blades, expanding wider than any mortal's
could, elegant yet cold. Crackling with the motion, they begin to fall apart, dissipating into the
air as mist.

Kicha, Cadenza Harmonia beams broadly at the newly wed couple, clapping her hands loudly as she
cheers for both of them. "The best of luck, to both of you. I am so happy for you both right now!"
She exclaims over her clapping, not stopping for an instant.

Elanorwen draws Vivet into her and begins to softly kiss her, gazing into her eyes after each kiss.

Flushing bright red momentarily, Primus Vivet Pavok says, "Ah, and now, I believe, we have some
refreshments."

<dropping, pouring, eating and drinking>

Oberst Entrias Pavok, Chancellor of the Collective says, "Presents, that's what we need."

Primus Vivet Pavok says to Elanorwen, "It's nothing of value."

Primus Vivet Pavok says to Elanorwen, "But just for fun..."

Elanorwen quickly unwraps a divinely wrapped present, which sprays glittering silver dust and
cheerful confetti into the air, and excitedly pulls a cool tulip of dusk, a cool tulip of dusk, a
cool tulip of dusk, a cool tulip of dusk, a cool tulip of dusk, a cool tulip of dusk, a cool tulip
of dusk, a purple tulip, a purple tulip, a purple tulip, a purple tulip, a purple tulip, a purple
tulip, a purple tulip, a purple tulip, a purple tulip, a warm tulip of dawn, a warm tulip of dawn, a
warm tulip of dawn, a warm tulip of dawn, a warm tulip of dawn, a warm tulip of dawn, a warm tulip
of dawn, a warm tulip of dawn, and a warm tulip of dawn from within.

Commander Elanorwen Pavok of the Air Force flails slightly as she is suddenly covered under a small
pile of flowers.

High Scion Zyphora Windwhisper smiles and says, "Are those tulips meant to represent all the kisses
you shall receive during the course of your marriage?"

Harelvea, Cadenza Harmonia says to Kicha, "You will be a sight in battle if that is the case."

Primus Vivet Pavok says to Zyphora, "It is more that she seems to be especially partial to them."

Commander Elanorwen Pavok of the Air Force manages to dig her way out from under all the petals
before grinning mischievously to Vivet.

<more eating and drinking>

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Ha contract and all, love it.

• ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    I feel like this is what all Hallifaxian (or at least, Zvoltzian) weddings should aspire to be. It was perfect, and I was completely impressed with the foundations lesson. Well thought-out and poignant. It was easy to see that both of you prepared for this. Great job! :)

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Yep, I really loved that speech. But by that point I was so overstimulated I could barely emote. Nice job, both of you.  :D
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."