ur'Traps!!

1235»

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    So... while these are fun and all, I'm finding it to not really be all that worthwhile in the end.  The chance of getting a Czigany coin seems really, really tiny (I've caught 36 now and gotten something like 1 Czigany, 2 apples, and everything else is cookies).

It'd be somewhat neater if they always dropped a cookie, and then had a chance of doing an apple and a coin in addition (instead of only selecting one), so there would be a chance of actually getting a cookie, coin, and apple all from one huge monster (though that would be unlikely).

That said: How much have people been selling their cookies for?  Mostly I've just given away every cookie to Tacita so far.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Have been giving them out as gifts. Used a few for dragon hunts. Have gotten... 2 carrots and 1 coin over the span of umm... maybe 40-ish creatures trapped?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited September 2013
    Can the cookies be stocked in shops?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    I imagine so, I just don't know what I'd price them at.
  • edited September 2013
    How much are the golden tonics worth? Divide that by however long your cookie lasts and there you have a decent price?

At least for the experience cookies, not sure about the esteem/other ones
  • Xenthos said:
    I imagine so, I just don't know what I'd price them at.
    I usually sell at 5000 for a small cookie and proportionally from there.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Isn't a small cookie like 10% xp for 15 minute?

If we priced them in relation to goldenlips (100% xp for 24 hours) let's say 1/(24*4*10 = 960), and say credits are 25k (median?), a small cookie is worth about 780 gold in relation to the cost of lips. Likely not gonna happen :/
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    I like that formula and would totally buy cookies at that price, but it only accounts for the crit bonus, not the rarity of the items. Golden lips are in infinite supply, but the cookies can only be generated one at a time by people who have traps.
    I used to make cakes.

• It also ignores the fact that the lips runs while you are offline and you get a value added of additional control over having a bonus up only when you would be making use of it.
  • MoiMoi
    edited October 2013
    Shaddus said:
    Isn't a small cookie like 10% xp for 15 minute? If we priced them in relation to goldenlips (100% xp for 24 hours) let's say 1/(24*4*10 = 960), and say credits are 25k (median?), a small cookie is worth about 780 gold in relation to the cost of lips. Likely not gonna happen :/
    This says to me that lips are underpriced rather than that cookies should cost 780 gold. There's a reliable demand for cookies at 5000 gold, so that's their market price.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Lips are not worth the credits, unless you can stay awake for 24 hours solid to use them. Make them like all other blessings - don't let the timer run down while not online!! An artifact should always be better than in game tonics and cookies, imo.

• Well then. I suppose people are willing to pay big premiums to get a more manageable duration.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    It's always bugged me that achievement bonuses only tick down when you're online, yet lips don't.

It's pretty much a case of "Yeah, if you're planning an 18-20 hour bashing spree sure, otherwise? Don't bother."

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

edited October 2013
    One of the IRE games (Achaea, I think?) got an event quest reward that worked like golden lips, except it worked an hour at a time. You could activate it 24 times before it poofed.
    I used to make cakes.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Sounds like Aetolia.
  • edited October 2013
    These bugged?

The size of a cookie (which corresponds to the size of a creature) determines how long the bonus will last:

Small Cookies: 15 minutes
    Medium Cookies: 30 minutes
    Large Cookies: 60 minutes

You receive a blessing of a 10% Gold Bonus for 30 minutes.
    Licking your licks, you begin to devour a large golden cookie, beginning first at the savoury jam-filled edges and then making
    your way to the frosted centre. As you continue in your quest, you discover yourself feeling lighter somehow, as countless visions
    of golden sovereigns fill your mind with fancy.
    No.  Not bugged at all.

Huge = large.
    Large = medium.
    Small = small.

They operate on McDonald's fast-food levels (supersize, large, small).  There is no medium.
  • "a large golden cookie" is a medium sized blessing. You want "a huge golden cookie" for the large blessing.
  • edited October 2013
    I will continue to bug this every time until it matches the help scroll.
    Ardmore said:
    I will continue to bug this every time until it matches the help scroll.
    I imagine they will tell you to speak with your envoy every time, given that I queried them about it extensively when the traps were just released and they said it was intended to be this way.

They could surprise me, though!
  • HOW IS THAT AN ENVOY CHANGE?

• Report #1123
    Skillset: Wildarrane           Skill: CairnLargo
       Guild: Spiritsingers       Status: Pending

Problem: When the syntax change for Cairn Largo was created, it was an unforseen mistake that it was made the same as the guilds special emote, SPIRITSONG. So this is just a little request to change the syntax of Cairn Largo to fix confusion.

Solution #1: Change the syntaxes for CairnLargo from SPIRITSONG to SPIRITCALL.
    Solution #2: Provide a solution here.
    Solution #3: Provide a solution here.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Akyaevin said:

Report #1123
    Skillset: Wildarrane           Skill: CairnLargo
       Guild: Spiritsingers       Status: Pending

Problem: When the syntax change for Cairn Largo was created, it was an unforseen mistake that it was made the same as the guilds special emote, SPIRITSONG. So this is just a little request to change the syntax of Cairn Largo to fix confusion.

Solution #1: Change the syntaxes for CairnLargo from SPIRITSONG to SPIRITCALL.
    Solution #2: Provide a solution here.
    Solution #3: Provide a solution here.

When I bugged this, they replied with the general "not a bug, consult your envoy" response.

Admittedly, it's fun watching Sondayga spam the guild emote at people when he doesn't have cairnlargo imbued.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • The admin should add in the ability to trade these absolutely-useless-giant-waste-of-dingbats-in-the-history-of- history-pieces-of-crap because these are the most absolutely useless giant waste of dingbats in the history of history pieces of crap in the entire game.
    edited December 2013
    They are pretty terrible.

Mine has made something like 4 coins since I bought it... and coins were nerfed in the meantime (getting curios from the wheel is no longer a good thing, but now it is a complete waste).
    For the sake of giving actual numbers:

**********************[ ur'Trap Statistics for Xenthos ]***********************
    Creature                     Trap                          Escaped Captured
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A small forest wraith        A spectral vine noose (#104)        0      181
    A large forest wraith        A spectral vine noose (#104)        7       67
    A huge forest wraith         A spectral vine noose (#104)       12       39
    *******************************************************************************
    Escape Total: 19
    Captured Total: 287

I had a fully upgraded trap before I ever used it, so this is the absolute best it can get.

4ish coins out of 306 trap activations is absurd.  Even treasure maps are a 10% chance for a coin.

These things are just pointless.  I am just compelled to keep using it because I wasted so many dingbats. :(
  • edited December 2013
    I haven't used mine for, probably, a RL month. While it takes just seconds, I feel it's not even worth that much time.

Letting us change what type of trap would be useful, too!
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    *********************[ ur'Trap Statistics for Elanorwen ]**********************
    A small mystic jackalope     A runed steel trap (#40)            1       45
    A huge mystic jackalope      A runed steel trap (#40)            2        7
    A large mystic jackalope     A runed steel trap (#40)            0       10
    Escape Total: 3
    Captured Total: 62

Around where I stopped using it. No coins.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • **********************[ ur'Trap Statistics for Ardmore ]***********************
    A small crystal scorpion     A pyramid trap (#154)               4       61
    A large crystal scorpion     A pyramid trap (#154)               0       22
    A gigantic crystal scorpion  A pyramid trap (#154)               6       11
    Escape Total: 10
    Captured Total: 94

I apparently had horrid luck with escapes, and mine is 100% upgraded.