Purging Weakness

TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
This is short, but I basically want to show you all how awesomely badass Nocht is. Because this level of sitting on the edge of my seat going 'oh my god' the whole way through this exchange should be shared.

I am now left with no clue what I have let myself in for, and it is fantastic. <3<3<3 Nocht

--

You feel an icy breath brush across your cheek as a hushed voice says, "Why so despondent, little one?"

You frown and say, "I am...failing You. And I do not know how to stop."

The image above churns violently as a hollow voice whispers, "Oh? And how are you failing Me?"

Haltingly, you say, "I am allowing my emotions to control me. To - consume me. And when it was just me, it was...but now it is affecting other people, too. It is one thing to have this weakness myself. Another to let it weaken those who serve the Glomdoring better than I ever could."

The surrounding shadows convulse, grasping outwards in joyous anticipation as Nocht, the Silent suddenly materializes from the aether.

You kneel before Nocht, swearing your allegiance to Him.

Peering down at you, Nocht, the Silent whispers, "What exactly is it that you have done, Tacita?"

You say, "My daughter wishes to leave House Ysav'rai and make House d'Illici, her husband's house, into a Lesser House. She then wishes to banner to my family so that we can attain Great House. Ultimately she wishes to banner to Ysav'rai, but in the meantime - in the meantime, it means that Sid- that Synkarin will have to remarry to strengthen the Ysav'rai, lest they themselves lose Great House."

You have emoted: Tacita bites her lip and clutches her hands together on her knees.

Weakly, you say, "I am selfish, and a hypocrite. I cannot bear to see him with someone else. I - asked her not to banner to my family."

Nocht, the Silent whispers, "Tell her to do however you wish. The politics of mortal families aren't very kind from what I've observed."

You frown and say, "The Glomdoring should be better than that. It should be about the unity of our strength."

Nocht, the Silent whispers, "Unity does not require kindness, little one."

Tilting His head, Nocht, the Silent whispers, "Though what do you care of who Synkarin is bonded with?"

You have emoted: Tacita hangs her head once more, covering her face in a silky white curtain of hair.

Nocht raises an eyebrow questioningly.

You say, "I love him. I don't know what else to say. It's selfish, and it's hypocritical, but I - I love him. I can't - it hurts."

You have emoted: Tacita Shee-Slaugh, His Twilit Auspex raises her head and looks up at Nocht through watery eyes.

You say, "I - I want to stop. I want to stop it hurting. I want to stop being so weak."

Nocht ponders the situation.

Nocht, the Silent whispers, "Do you really wish for that?"

Raising an eyebrow, Nocht, the Silent whispers, "No matter the cost?"

You have emoted: Tacita swallows audibly and glances down at the skybloom clutched in her hand.

Inhaling deeply before looking up again, you state, "I want to stop disappointing You. I want to be everything You say I can be. I still believe that emotions are what make mortals navigate the world, and I can never give them up entirely. But I saw scaryfa- I saw my father chill his heart, but still feel love. Tempered and cool and stronger for it. I want to be as calm, as sure as he was. I do not want to be afraid anymore. I know it's possible. But I do not know how. I need - I need Your help."

You whisper, "I'm so small. So small next to them, both of them - they've ascended, and I'm - so small. Smaller still next to You. I don't know how to be anything but small."

Nocht, the Silent whispers, "Ah, little one..."

Tilting your chin up with His icy fingers, Nocht, the Silent whispers, "Perhaps there is something to be done, but I will not encourage this silly concept of romantic love..."

You shiver violently.

Nocht, the Silent whispers, "I will help you, My dear Tacita. Even if you have to be broken and rebuilt."

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across Nocht's lips.

Nocht, the Silent whispers, "Be well for now."

The surrounding shadows wane, falling back in despondent melancholy as the form of Nocht, the Silent dissolves into wisps of shadow.

You have emoted: Tacita stares longingly into the distance, barely noticing the tears rolling down her cheeks.

Comments

• ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    edited April 2013
    Ohoho, new godcrush.

Very cool exchange! :) Please keep us updated!

• More and more I want to know how this plays out for Shee-Slaugh, it's like being addicted to a soap o.=.O

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• Just saw this now, I think Ankastra would've blown a fuse and torched the nexus! :O
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

I didn't see this either!

Now offering Heartless lessons for a low, low price.

• Man.  It's rough seeing the emotive side of Xenthos.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    And finally, a small snippet of a not-quite-as-drunken-as-usual conversation with her brother on the topic, where it is a little more explained.

--

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt says to you, "Before [Synkarin] betrayed us.."

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt says, "You and he, you were married for some time, did your heart cease to love him when you were betrothed to the Oathkeeper?"

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt says, "Did you forget the feelings of others you cared for, for the sake of your vows?"

You have emoted: Tacita's eyes flash briefly with some emotion too fleeting to comprehend.

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt says, "I'm sorry I do not mean to sound accusing, I.. wording things isn't my strong point."

Softly, you say, "To you first question - no. To your second - our marriage was an arranged one. It did not contain vows."

You say, "Love is a mortal construct that I have no need for any longer."

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt flinches, as though taken aback somewhat by the responce.

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt says, "Since when were you so open to the concept of emotional detatchment?"

You have emoted: Tacita makes no reply save to uncurl her palm in front of her, a thin dancing lick of shadowflame coming to life there. After a moment gazing into it, she adds, "Emotions are a mortal construct. The presence of them in conjunction with great power is dangerous. Those of us who possess great power must shed them for the safety of all, and for the glory of the Glomdoring."

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt says to you, "And when did you come to this conclusion? Last we spoke you were a mixture of emotion..."

Closing her hand to snuff out the flame, you say, "I did tell you that my time away had a purpose. Before I departed, I made arrangements to begin the process of siphoning off my emotions, so that over time I would lose mortal dependance upon them."

Simply, you state, "It was my Lord's wish. I was foolish not to concede to it earlier - and yet, all the same, I do not think I was ready to before. I am sure He knew this, and was patient."

Morkarion nods his head emphatically.

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt says, "I see... I think."

You say, "I have scribed some of this unto a scroll that I will publish in the library soon. Perhaps that will make it clearer."

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt says, "I mean, I see what you try to accomplish, but I cannot agree with the means you approach them."

You have emoted: Tacita inclines her head in acceptance.
  • I'm so freaking jealous of you guys.  You're both so damn awesome.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    $^!%&$@^$@ so awesome reading this. 

• Tacita said:
    All the things
    <3 so so so so much
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited June 2013

This was a good read, Taci. Also, the halved heart thing reminded me of LOTR. Frodo said the following to Sam when the Ring-bearers left Middle Earth:

"You cannot always be torn in two, Sam..."

So, who is Frodo, who is Sam, and who is Rosie? JK! :)

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    ah man, I keep getting busted

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    We're in the same boat there.  I am running out of reputation at this point.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Oh, man. The aegis at the end sealed this up perfectly.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:
    Oh, man. The aegis at the end sealed this up perfectly.
    I know, right? That's why I left it in :D I adore the aegis message.

There was also an ambient just after Taci said 'Warmth is distant' where a really cold breeze blew in that I forgot to include.
    In which it is not really clear who Tacita is talking about, those who are ever present are missed, and there is much fretting. Oh, and ruining Xen's reputation some more. <3

--

You chew on your lip thoughtfully.

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist tilts his head, his eyes drifting over to you curiously.

Moving her lips as if to start the sentence several times over, you say, "Our brother is...angry wtih me."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "Morkarion?"

You have emoted: Tacita nods her head.

Xenthos creases his brow in a frown.

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "Why?"

You look thoughtful and say, "He seems to be under the impression that I have wronged many of you in some manner."

After a moment, you say, "Well, in a particular manner. It is not as if I do not know what I am supposed to have done."

Xenthos ponders the situation.

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "What are you supposed to have done, then?"

Cooly, you say, "I did not communicate to him another person's private decision process, to which I was made privy. Apparently, since I did not mention this to either of you, this makes me quite the most untrustworthy person."

You have emoted: Tacita chuckles softly and shakes her head. "That is not the problem, not really. He will think what he thinks."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "Is this in regards to Kio?"

Distractedly, you say, "It is...but it is not. Not really. Not with what he went on to say."

You crease your brow in a frown.

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "Well. I will just say that in regards to that: Kio's decisions are his own, and his failings are his own. As these failings always are."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "I do not expect you to speak for him, nor should Morkarion."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist looks skeptical and says, "What else did he go on to say after that?"

After a moment, you say, "During his interrogation, our brother...decided to make a point, I suppose. He said that the loyalty of me and of my kin -" She pauses, grimaces, and looks away again. "He said it had been proved when S- when the traitor betrayed us."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist frowns, his brow furrowing as he tightens his grip on your hands. "But isn't he part of your kin? As am I."

You murmur, "No, my - those who follow my Lord." She forces the words out in a mixture of halting breaths and garbled rushes. "Especially those of us who take His mortal form, or at least, that is what I suppose he meant, since how else would my loyalty be measured by the t- the traitor's?"

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist blinks, frowning, shifting his gaze from you momentarily to look out over the Basin of Life.

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says to you, "Much as I said earlier - I feel that such failings reside upon the one who broke, and do not tarnish others. The only time it does is when it becomes part of an organization's culture, and I do not think that such is what He teaches or encourages."

Sighing softly, you say, "I'm sorry. It is getting difficult to hold things in again. Too much is happening, and He has retreated from us to prepare, and without that it is harder to keep them out of me where they have to be, have to be out, and what will I do if something happens to Hi-" She breaks off, exhaling sharply. "No, no. It is going to be alright. He promised and He knows, He knows what I'll do to make sure it isn't. But it's been so long, and He hasn't, and I -."

You have emoted: Tacita's face cracks, the placid mask giving way to a flash of despair that she ducks her head to conceal, her shoulders shaking.

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist turns his attention back to you, concern suffusing his face as he releases your hands, drawing you close into his embrace, head to his chest. "My love..." he murmurs softly.

You have emoted: Tacita wraps her arms around your neck and clings for support, spluttering half-formed words as she sobs. "I can't - not allowed - but I can't not, not about him and you and - He must know, know that I haven't really - I'm not - not - not a traitor, I'm not, I - can't -"

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "Tacita, look at me."

You have emoted: Tacita struggles to inhale long enough to lift her head, stray white hairs sticking to the tears running from her wide eyes.

Looking down at you, his eyes fixed to yours as he says quietly but with conviction, Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "You are not a traitor."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist tilts his head down to brush his lips against your forehead, gathering you back against his chest.

You have emoted: Tacita stares blankly at your lips, still trembling, as if trying to comprehend the words by looking at them. She traces her fingertips shakily across your cheek to rest at the corner of your mouth, and blinks slowly.

Croakily, you whisper, "You weren't there. When they were saying I was, you weren't there. You were trapped, both of you, and I knew I shouldn't care about him because of what he did but I still - and it's happening all over again, someone who holds my heart has hurt Him again, and sometimes I wonder why all these things happen around -me- and I hear them calling me a traitor again."

Quietly, but still with conviction, Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says to you, "Even when I... we... were trapped... I knew that you were out there. That you would not give up, that you would fight for what you believed was best. Regardless of what others say in the heat of passion, with no buffer or distance from the emotions that are driving them, you are not a traitor."

You have emoted: Tacita bites down on her bottom lip so tightly that the skin turns white. "I miss him," she whispers after a long moment, an almost sheepish shame creeping into her expression.

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says to you, "I knew that when I married you. I do not love you any less. Missing someone who has betrayed everything does not make you a traitor. Having feelings for them... also does not. It is the decisions you make that matter."

With a weak chuckle, you murmur, "I have not always been proud of my decisions, even when they have been right."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says to you, "That is what matters - making the right decision. Even if sometimes it is a hard one, and you might wish you could have made another.

You have emoted: Tacita's shakes begin to subside, leaning against you less for support and more for comfort as a little strength begins to return to her limbs. She wipes at the tearstains on her cheeks and brushes her hair back out of her eyes before looking back up.

Softly, you say, "I don't think that I can keep this up forever. I want to, but I keep - every time something happens to the things I care about, it all tumbles down again. I don't know...what to do. How to be better."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says to you, "Perhaps it is simply that walling it away will not work for you."

You brush your fingertips gently across Xenthos's cheek, gazing softly into his eyes.

[I have included the following, which happened here, for amusement purposes. We chose to ignore it during the scene:

Charming Carouser Synkarin shouts, "Whose the dwarf that we all love and adore! He comes spreading merriment and presents galore! He's fat and he's jolly, and he smells kind of funny! He's Ironbeard, the only one to give us his money!"]

You murmur, "You still don't want me to, not really. Of course you don't."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says to you, "That is simply... a statement, based on your observation that it comes tumbling down again each time. You are right. I do not wish you to, but I have promised to be here for you to help you as you need it. And that has not changed."

Almost inaudibly, you whisper, "Nothing that is hidden, no matter how deep, can ever be untrue." She brushes her lips against yours, and tears prick at the corners of her eyes again. "I still love you. I can never stop."

Xenthos reaches out to tenderly cup your cheek in his hand.

You lean into Xenthos and kiss him long and tenderly.

Smiling weakly, you murmur, "Maybe if I let it out now and then, it will be easier to keep it away."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist nods at you, tightening his arms around you.

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "Perhaps it will."

You close your eyes and inhale deeply, absorbing the scent of your surroundings.

You have emoted: Tacita opens her eyes again to reveal her now usual placid demeanour, which breaks only slightly as she smiles reassuringly in an expression that does not suffuse her pale gaze.
    Oh, and this should have gone before that log, a little bit of context in the form of an impromptu monologue given to Xenthos.

--

Catching the trails of blood in her fingertips, you say, "Kio asked me where my shadowfire came from." A soft chuckle escapes her lips. "I told him that it came from here." She holds her bloodied hand aloft, and after a moment the crimson tendrils shift and change, rising up into licks of purple-and-black flame. "My soul may be His, but it is through my flesh that I exert His Will - and thus, surely, His will cannot help but be bound by the constraints of me, of my self, both mortal and not." Her lips curve into her first genuine smile for a long time, the expression reaching her eyes so that they sparkle brilliantly. "And I am nothing if I am not my blood, and my blood is yours, shadowfire and glory, and - and I should have told you. I should have told you that so long ago."

Chuckling softly at herself, you whisper, "I have not trusted Him as I should have done. I have not listened to my own words. I am mortal still, no matter how far above that I seek to rise - and to think that I will ever do so may be folly. He sees all, knows all, and has chosen me for this despite it." She brushes her thumb across your cheek. "I cannot love you as I did. That, and all feeling so deep and dangerous, I had to cast aside. But your blood is my blood. All that I do is tied to you, to your glory. I am greater because of this. My flesh is stronger to exert His Will because of this. Yours is the flame that I burn to, the form that I take to bring glory to the world."

Sighing contently, you say, "I am sorry - that it took me so long to realise this. I am sorry that I ever pulled away from either of you. It will not happen again."
  • Since I lack words to express my feelings on the awesome of these logs, please accept the following emoticon instead: <33333333
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    *Twists the knife*

I do love reading your logs, inspires me that I should do more sitting down and just talking with people.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

I'm still grinning from how much awesome fun the following log was to play out. I'd been wanting to do this scene for a while and argh, so good!

On a related note - I miss Xynthin ;_;

--

You have emoted: Tacita's eyes glow in reflection as she cradles her hands before her face, lighting them up with a single heliotrope flame, palms curled around it like a lantern.

Thul peers at you unscrupulously.

You have emoted: Tacita opens her hands and blows gently on the flame, which waxes in response. Transferring it carefully to one hand, the bulb of the flame resting just above the centre of her palm, the corners of her mouth twitch into a small smile as she holds it out before her.

You murmur, "Oh, don't mind me. I'm just playing."

Flatly, Thul d'Illici says, "With fire."

Flatly, Thul d'Illici says, "In the forest."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "If controlled, it's hardly dangerous- there are shaman ceremonial fires all over the place at times."

Kio ponders the situation.

You have emoted: Tacita chuckles softly, and holds her palm out under one of the lowest hanging branches of the great ravenwood. The flame wraps around the foliage, which springs suddenly to verdant life.

Xenthos points accusingly at a ceremonial fire.

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "Such as, say, that one."

Kio grunts noncommitally.

With amusement, you say, "Not to mention, of course, that this is not just any fire."

Thul d'Illici says, "...oh. Well, you didn't tell me it was cheating-fire."

Kethaera, Insinuation of the Wyrd says, "Cheating-fire?"

You have emoted: Tacita pulls her hand away from the branch, which ceases its rampant growth, and arches her fingers in towards her palm. The flame dims slightly, dancing only a few inches high.

Thul d'Illici says to Xenthos, "Yeah, my love keeps telling me that those ones are safe too, but I have a hard time believing that one."

Kio grunts noncomitally at Thul.

Thul d'Illici nudges Kio lightly with an elbow.

Wincing still, Kio d'Illici of the Murder says to Thul, "I dun told ya. Sanctified, mystical, yadda yadda."

You have emoted: Tacita draws the flame close to her chest, seemingly becoming entirely distracted by gazing into its violet form, which dances delightfully in response.

Kethaera flaps her wings quickly and begins to hover in the air.

You purse your lips pensively, gazing off into the distance as you carefully gather your thoughts.

You say, "We'll be back."

[Walking spam.]

In the heart of the mountain.
    The shadowy outline of a twisted forest casts a dark gloom here. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. A leopard lurks in the shadows, curiously watching anything that moves.
    You see a single exit leading up.

You pace back and forth nervously, occasionally glancing at Xenthos.

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist blinks, tilting his head to regard you curiously.

Hesitating slightly, you ask, "You trust me, yes?"

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "Yes, I do."

You say, "I...I want you to try something for me."

Xenthos tilts his head and listens intently to you.

You have emoted: Tacita ceases her pacing and stills next to you. After another moment's hesitation, she holds her right palm out, the now tiny shadowflame still cradled within it. "I want..." she begins, flicking her eyes up to meet yours. "I want you to try and - take it. Hold it."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist tilts his head to regard you, before reaching his hand out to grasp the shadowfire from you. The flame curls around his hands, forming into a glove of flame that shivers almost joyously, before it melts into his skin - merging with the shifting shadows beneath.

You have emoted: Tacita blinks widely, staring entranced at the spot where the flames dissipated. She reaches out and runs the tips of her fingers over the skin. "Oh," she sighs gently. "That's...oh."

You murmur, "Does it...what does it feel like?"

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist looks skeptical and says, "It feels like... nothing? As if I was touching my own hand?"

You ponder the situation.

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "I do not really know how to describe it, I suppose."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "As those two are somewhat contradictory, but both true at the same time nonetheless."

You have emoted: Tacita lets her eyes flutter closed for a moment in concentration. With the added focus, she exhales, and dozens of tiny licks of shadowflame leap to life on her left hand. It begins to glow fiercely, and the air around her chills in response, as her hand becomes so concealed by the heliotrope fire that it appears to be made of it. Her eyes flicker open again.

Taking short, laboured breaths, you say, "I don't know what this is going to do."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist nods once, stepping closer to you. "I do trust you, my love," he murmurs.

You gaze deep into the soul of Xenthos, your heart in your eyes.

You have emoted: Tacita reaches out and holds her burning hand just in front of your chest. The placid mask falls away from her face, and she gazes in abject rapture as she extends her arm the rest of the way, placing her hand against your heart with a frozen touch.

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist gazes into your eyes as the flame spreads outward from your hand, slowly spreading across the chestplate of his armour. The spread of the flame begins to gain momentum, arching around to his back - then rushing with a hungry desperation to envelop his limbs. His wings spread wide behind him as they, too, become consumed by the shadowfire. He looks at you, the red globes of his eyes flickering and then vanishing, replaced by naught but flame. The fire, having nothing further to cover on his body, begins to lick its way back up your arm instead.

Beautiful wings of ice spring up from Xenthos's shoulder blades, expanding wider than any mortal's could, elegant yet cold. Crackling with the motion, they begin to fall apart, dissipating into the air as mist.

You have emoted: Tacita inhales sharply and sways on the spot, placing her right hand onto your chest to steady herself. As soon as she does so, the fire engulfs that limb too, and begins to clamber up towards her body. Her eyes widen into wide pools of pale roses, and she trembles, clearly struggling to focus on the sheer volume of flame now at her command. The violet flame coils around her throat, and her chest heaves with short, desperate breaths - but as it reaches to consume her form completely, her white hair becoming an icy halo of flame, she begins to calm.

Blinking tiny droplets of fiery tears that roll down her cheeks, you whisper, "Oh Gods..."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist leans forward to kiss you, the flames limning his lips merging and twining with the flames engulfing you.

You have emoted: Tacita lets out a whimper and coils her arms around your neck, careful not to lose contact for even a second. Returning the kiss with a sudden and fierce desperation, she seems at first entirely unaware of the waxing of the flames that grow so large they consume the entirety of the cavern, so recklessly and intensely focused on pouring a decade of supressed emotion into the kiss as she is. Only when the room becomes unbearably cold does she stop, breathless and wide-eyed, finally noticing the scope of the flames around you.

Voice thick with emotion, you say, "I - I don't think I can control this for much longer."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist murmurs, "I love you"- and at his words, the flame filling the cavern roils with emotion.

You shiver violently.

You whisper, "I - I don't want to let go."

You have emoted: Tacita looks up as the flames begin to creep out of the cavern into the halls above. "It shouldn't hurt things," she says hesitantly, "not here. But I - I don't know if I can - there's so much power in you, so much potential - I can't hold it. I'm not strong enough."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist gazes down at you with eyes of swirling shadowfire. "Then do not," he murmurs - though the longer you touch him, the stranger his skin seems to look - almost as if the flame within is boiling out, slowly transforming his body into a living pyre of shadow at the heart of the cavern.

You have emoted: Tacita twines her fingers into your hair and gazes up into your eyes. Stray tears of flame still trickle down her cheeks, but she seems not to notice them. Something between hesitation and fear begins to creep into her gaze, and when she speaks her voice is barely above a whisper. "Xenthos?"

Speaking from within the flame, his lips no longer discernible as anything but twists of flame, Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "Yes, my love?"

With rapturous conviction, you say, "I love you," and the reaction within the cavern is instantaneous. The shadowflame pulses in a single surge, so strong that the mountain itself shakes in response. Dozens of midnight skyblooms flourish within every crack in the soil and the stone, leaping to life as Tacita speaks. Tears pour from her eyes as she sees the reaction, and through a sob that is half-joy, half-pain she chokes out again, "I love you."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist leans forward to kiss you again, his body now completely dissolved - naught but a far denser core of flame in the center of the inferno which molds itself to your own.

You have emoted: Tacita draws back slightly, leaning her forehead against yours. Her brow dips in focus several times, but something appears to be frustrating her. "I can't get it to return to you," she whispers with concern. "I'm going to have to let go, and I don't know what will happen when I do. I think the power will return, but that could - I don't know what that's going to do." She crumples slightly in submission and leans up to kiss you again, clearly finding it difficult to pull her lips away. "But if I hold on much more, I don't know whether there'll be any of you left."

From the core of flame, sounding somewhat puzzled, Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "My love? What are you talking about?"

Sighing softly, you whisper, "Look at yourself, dear heart. Look." She draws one of your hands close to her. "You're burning out into the mountain. I'm holding it, but I can't keep you together forever."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist looks down to his hand, the quirk of his eyebrow barely noticeable as a little line of flame arching upwards. His voice is still puzzled as he murmurs, "My love... I don't see anything."

You have emoted: Tacita clutches your hand against her heart and holds it tightly, her frown deepening. "Then trust me," she says, stepping out of your arms. "I can see - you. Trust me. I have to let go now." She takes another step back, and the only contact between you is her hands wrapped tightly around yours. A third step, and she draws your hand away from her chest, holding it out between you. Fear flashes in her eyes. "Just hold on," Tacita whispers, looking up through the now far-reaching flames. "Be whole. I'll help you as much as I can."

You have emoted: Tacita lets go of your hand and steps away.

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist tilts his head as the flames filling the chasm give one last violent wrench before beginning to pull back in as if in the grasp of a vortex. A brief moment of blackness pulses, blanking out all visibility - when sight returns, his form is returned to normal, though the shadows roiling beneath his flesh are rather more agitated than usual.

You have emoted: Tacita sways suddenly and tumbles to the floor, barely managing to reach out and catch hold of your arms as she faints. Her whole body trembles, and without the shadowflame to light it she looks unnaturally monochrome.

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist catches you in his arms as she starts to fall. He gathers you in his arms, lifting you from the ground entirely and simply holds you close to himself.

[Walking spam.]

You follow Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist up to a comfortable aerie perched high within the branches.

Almost inaudibly, you whisper, "I think...that I probably should have let go sooner."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist settles you down into the bed, drawing the feathers over you to form a blanket.

You have emoted: Tacita's body falls like a ragdoll, frowning in confusion as her limbs fail to respond.

Naenia, an inquisitive shadow cat limps to the end of the bed and curls up, her fur glowing significantly less than normal.

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist scoops Naenia up in his arms as she tries to settle into the bed, holding her in his lap instead as he very lightly strokes her back.

Ilistala, an enormous leopard leaps up onto the bed, curling up around you and purring softly.

You have emoted: Tacita manages to curl the tips of her fingers around one of Ilistala's forepaws, her breathing slow and shallow.

Haltingly, you whisper, "He told me once...Xynthin...that I was so very small. So small...compared to him. Sometimes - sometimes I forget...how small I am compared to you."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist frowns, shaking his head. "You are not small, my love," he states with assurance. "You are my match, the woman I love and whom I have given my life to."

You have emoted: Tacita smiles wanly. "No, dear heart. I am small. Not less - just small."
    So nothing happened for a while and then the Red Star totally just gave me the way to move this into the next arc of things. Wheeeee. <3

Apologies to the many people who sent me tells/tried to interact with me whilst it was going on that I ignored, I wish I could type more than one thing at once!

---

Crek Ysav'rai says, "Feel free to kill the beguiled ones. They no longer serve the Wyrd."

Xenzak, Wyrden Sting says, "How strong are they?"

Crek Ysav'rai says to Xenzak, "It might be a bit tough for you. You could always try, you will simply return to the Ravenwood if you die in the forest."

You catch a glimpse of the Red Star out of the corner of your eye, and feel drawn to stare up at it.

Xenzak ponders the situation.

A beguiled faeling ritualist yells, "The Army of Love shall rise again!"

Priestess Ashlee Shee-Slaugh, Spinner of the Dusk says, "The urge to hunt them down is rising."

Let Love lead you, Tacita.

Kethaera An'Ryshe says to Ashlee, "It really doesn't help much."

Ashlee snaps her fingers.

You cast a suspicious eye about your surroundings.

Priestess Ashlee Shee-Slaugh, Spinner of the Dusk says, "That's highly unfortunate."

Kethaera nods her head in agreement.

You say to Kethaera, "They find their way back even if not resummoned, I suppose?"

Kethaera nods her head at you.

Love could save those you fear to lose, Tacita...

Kethaera An'Ryshe says, "And very quickly, unfortunately."

You have emoted: Tacita nods almost distractedly, and ducks her head slightly so that her hair conceals her face in a wispy white curtain.

Priestess Ashlee Shee-Slaugh, Spinner of the Dusk says, "Perhaps the plot is to yell until we're all driven mad enough to follow."

A wry smile spreads across Kethaera's face.

It lingers just beneath the surface even though you try to hide it. Embrace Love! Join the Army of Love!

You open up a window in the cosmic fabric and search out Synkarin. Through the cosmic window, you see Synkarin at the Golden Lookout. 

You need not hide it any more!

You tell Synkarin Ysav'rai, "Is it safe? The thing you are keeping. Is it safe, and hidden?"

Synkarin tells you, "What am I keeping?"

You say to Kethaera, "I - I'll be back."

[Running to Gaudiguch spam.]

The Red Star seems to loom even larger in the sky, beckoning towards you.

Synkarin ponders you thoughtfully, looking you up and down.

Alary raises her hand in greeting to you and says "Hi!"

You have emoted: Tacita looks around at the assembled people almost wildly, her eyes darting about.

Synkarin beckons you to him.

You follow Synkarin Ysav'rai northeast to buffeted by violent gusts.

Synkarin tilts his head and listens intently to you.

You could even have Him back... Love Conquers All!

Her face contorting with restrained emotion, you say, "The - the Star is - is trying to use the thing you are keeping safe for me. Against me."

You twitch spasmodically.

Showing that he understands, Synkarin nods his head slowly.

Synkarin Ysav'rai says, "It's safe."

Just submit, Tacita... Open your heart.

Synkarin Ysav'rai says, "And it always will be."

You have emoted: Tacita lets out a small whimper and wraps her arms around herself, stepping back slightly.

Synkarin Ysav'rai says, "The Star isn't what it seems to be."

You nod your head emphatically.

Synkarin Ysav'rai says, "There isn't Love there anymore."

Synkarin Ysav'rai says, "There may have been once, but it's gone now."

You say, "I know, I know, I know what's happening isn't - but it keeps telling me..." She falters slightly, pain flashing across her face, "Things."

Synkarin Ysav'rai says, "Well, according to Lord Yomoigu."

Lies. All is possible, Tacita. Just. Embrace. Love.

Synkarin Ysav'rai says, "What does it tell you?"

You gaze deep into the soul of Synkarin, your heart in your eyes.

A strange feeling catches at your throat. As if you want to shout...

Voice cracking, you whisper, "All the things I have lost. That I can have them back."

You have emoted: Tacita's eyes widen in panic. "I don't think - I can't hold it, I can't stop it."

Synkarin Ysav'rai says, "Maybe in time, but that time is not now, and should you have them back, it will not be because of the Star."

You shout, "Embrace love, dear ones! Join the Army of Love and usher in a new age within the Basin!"

Synkarin creases his brow in a frown.

Kethaera tells you, "Mother?"

You sense the piercing eyes of Kethaera looking upon you.

Their Auspicious Monger, Eritheyl Lunarose shouts, "All we need is Love!"

You sense the piercing eyes of Crek looking upon you.

You have emoted: Tacita claps her hand over her mouth and lets out an anguished cry, her blank mask failing entirely.

You sense the piercing eyes of Morkarion looking upon you.

Yes, Tacita. Embrace. Love.

Zouviqil arrives, following Crek Ysav'rai.
    Crek arrives from the southwest.

Crek raises an eyebrow at you.

Looking slightly worried at the situation, you quickly hide behind Synkarin.

Crek doffs the hood of a black spidersilk robe to Synkarin.

Synkarin inclines his head politely to those around him.

Crek Ysav'rai asks you, "Temporary insanity, aye?"

Morkarion tells you, "I hope that was a joke, sister."

Zouviqil places a forefinger between your eyes, and a soothing warmth passes through you.

Exhaling slowly, you whisper, "I - would rather that no one saw me, right now. Please."

Acolyte Zouviqil Myeras says to you, "It nearly happened to me. The Red Star cannot reach you on Ethereal."

Crek shrugs helplessly.

Crek Ysav'rai says, "Very well then."

Crek doffs the hood of a black spidersilk robe cordially.

Zouviqil leaves, following Crek Ysav'rai.
    Crek leaves to the southwest.

Synkarin ponders you thoughtfully, looking you up and down.

Eritheyl tells you, "It is heartening to see those of the Glomdoring knowing these truths! My sister in Love, may your Forest thrive with its joyous embrace!"

The Red Star demands your attention looming overhead. You must look. Must watch.

Synkarin Ysav'rai says, "You must steel yourself."

Synkarin Ysav'rai says, "There is something amiss, something too good to be true."

Kethaera arrives, following Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt.

Synkarin Ysav'rai says, "Why would the Supernals and the untainted....."

With a flourish, Morkarion draws a dark cross katana from the Belt of Klangratch.

You have emoted: Silent Sage Tacita An'Ryshe looks at Synkarin briefly, but then gazes up at the Star, her expression rapt.

Synkarin Ysav'rai says, "Pardon us."

You follow Synkarin Ysav'rai to An orbicular entrance.

Synkarin Ysav'rai says, "Can't follow us here."

(Glomdoring): Morkarion (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Let me be clear to each and every one of you."

Synkarin Ysav'rai says, "The Supernals and the Emanations banished them because of what would come."

Chade tells you, "Are you quite alright Mother in Law?"

(Glomdoring): Morkarion (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "You swore oaths to this Commune, to this Forest, to the Wyrd."

Blinking widely, you whisper, "Would it be so terrible, to give in? We both know it's a lie, really. What I'm doing. And He sees everything - He must know. Is it even a choice, then?"

Chade tells you, "That was a rather unusual outburst."

Synkarin nods his head emphatically.

Synkarin Ysav'rai says, "Never give in, never give up."

You have emoted: Tacita laughs hesitantly.

(Glomdoring): Morkarion (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "To forsake those oaths and join this..Army of Love, a group of little more than cultists to a pair of half-formed abominations, is treason."

Synkarin Ysav'rai says, "Why do you laugh?"

(Glomdoring): Zsearin (from the Ethereal Plane) says, "Nothing matters but Glomdoring."

(Glomdoring): Morkarion (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "And I have no qualms putting anyone who is weak minded enough to defect, to the sword."

(Glomdoring): Ssaliss (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Glory be to Glomdoring."

(Glomdoring): Terezi (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Glory be to Glomdoring!"

You whisper, "Now, of all times. Now, when I am so close. It would all have to come tumbling down now."

Synkarin Ysav'rai says, "Only if you let it."

Synkarin Ysav'rai says, "Such is the price we pay to serve."

You snarl, "And what would you know about service, traitor? How can you tell me not to give in, when you yourself did!"

Synkarin smiles softly.

Synkarin Ysav'rai says, "If you only knew."

You have emoted: Tacita sways slightly on the spot as if suddenly overwhelmed by repressed emotion.

Synkarin Ysav'rai ponders for some time, pacing back and forth.

Naenia, an inquisitive shadow cat rubs up against Synkarin, purring like a cat.

You wince in pain.

Synkarin Ysav'rai says, "When one forges a sword, you need steady, even movements."

Synkarin Ysav'rai says, "Too much and the sword shatters."

Synkarin Ysav'rai says, "Not enough and it's brittle."

Synkarin Ysav'rai says, "But what happens when you can't even swing because another sword blocks your path?"

Kethaera tells you, "Are... you alright?"

You have emoted: Tacita tucks a stray lock of hair behind her ear, listening intently.

Synkarin Ysav'rai says, "The sword isn't a sword."

Synkarin Ysav'rai says, "It's just a molten pile of worthless crap."

You tell Kethaera An'Ryshe, "Yes, little one. I am being looked after. Everything will be fine. I just need to get this Star out of my head."

Synkarin Ysav'rai says, "And when you depend on that crap."

Synkarin Ysav'rai says, "Where does that get you?"

You tell Kethaera An'Ryshe, "Which is not something I can do whilst my brother is looming over me with a weapon, intent on slicing my head from my body."

Synkarin Ysav'rai says, "I don't expect you to understand my actions."

You sense the piercing eyes of Morkarion looking upon you.

Synkarin Ysav'rai says, "But they were not what I wanted."

Kethaera tells you, "Yes... er. What can I do?"

Synkarin Ysav'rai says, "And even then, I couldn't go through with it all the way."

Synkarin Ysav'rai says, "I failed in that."

You tilt your head curiously.

Synkarin Ysav'rai says, "But it's no matter."

Synkarin Ysav'rai says, "That has nothing to do with here or now."

You have emoted: Tacita opens her mouth to speak, and pauses, before giving in. "I missed you," she says softly, lips curling into a brilliant smile. "I hate you for what you did to Him, and I always shall. But I hated more that I missed you every moment that I was angry."

Synkarin shrugs helplessly.

Synkarin Ysav'rai says, "He knows why I did it, and I think He approves."

You blink.

Visibly stunned, you ask, "He - he does?"

You say, "But..."

Synkarin Ysav'rai says, "But your hate, as well as the rest of theirs is a weight I must bear."

Synkarin Ysav'rai says, "And it pales in comparison to my failure."

Synkarin Ysav'rai says, "But this is neither here or there."

You have emoted: Tacita dissolves briefly into what seems to be a strange combination of sobs and laughter, wrapping her arms around herself.

Synkarin Ysav'rai says, "The Red Star is here."

Synkarin Ysav'rai says, "I'll urge you to not give in."

Synkarin Ysav'rai says, "I can't pinpoint it, but something is amiss, it's not what it seems to be."

[Continued in next comment]