IMPORTANT IRONCON 2014 UPDATE

Ticket sales for IronCon 2014 have been very slow so far. In fact, only 11 tickets have been sold, which is pretty surprising given the enthusiasm for it after last year. We don’t know if people are just holding off or what, but unless we sell at least 40 additional tickets by the end of January, we’re going to have to cancel IronCon this year.

We know it’s risky to announce that we might have to do that, but we don’t have any other option – we need people who are intending to go to get tickets now!

What happens if I buy a ticket and it gets cancelled anyway?

We’ll refund your ticket purchase or give you credits, whichever you prefer. As a sweetener, even if we cancel, you can keep the 100 bound credits you get with a ticket purchase!

We definitely advise holding off on booking hotels or travel for IronCon until February, when we know for sure if we can continue to move forward with the event.

Where can I get more info about IronCon?

The best place is the Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/ironcon

Tickets can be bought here: http://www.ironrealms.com/ironcon2014

What if I’ve already bought a ticket and made travel arrangements, and it’s cancelled?

We’ll talk to you on a one-on-one basis there if it becomes necessary to cancel.

Comments

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Not to be a downer, but I did hear some disgruntlement about it being in the same place! Just putting that out there in case that might be a reason.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    For me, the idea of Vegas in July is what broke me. If you went somewhere cold for July, I'd be all over it. I actually had money put away for IronCon... but I don't want to die in the heat or from the sunlight. Sorry, Estarra. :(
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I simply can't afford to go, the flight to Vegas alone is more than I have.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• The man and I were excited to attend, but when we learned it was going to be at the same location as last year's, we decided against it.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Well, the husband and I were pleasantly surprised to see that the flights to the US were cheaper than we expected. Fingers crossed and we may be making it after all!

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    I mainly have not purchased a ticket yet because I don't know if I will have enough money for an airfare saved up in time for the convention, being on a students budget and all that stuff, plus having to fly from New Zealand (costs around $1600 local currency to fly from NZ to Los Angeles return)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Yeah, Vegas for people like me is that once in a life time vacation you take.
  • I am with Morkarion, it is just too far from me from the east coast and even driving isn't an option which would be preferable (wee road trip!) . and not only that, Anthrocon is a bit before it and that take a good bit of $$ as well =\ and that one is a stone throw away.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• Well we are at the point we just need to find a babysitter and we will be there.  Hope you are ready for the Aussie invasion (albeit an invasion of just 2) into vegas.

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Vegas was really not that bad weather-wise last year; I don't think I was ever really uncomfortable (coming from the humid east coast). And they have a great pool!

I intend to buy a ticket for this year, just been dragging my feet on it. Last year was a lot of fun, no doubt one of the best vacations I've ever had, and I'd encourage anyone on the fence to go for it! Some endorsements/shenanigans/incriminating evidence from 2013: http://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/comment/22188/
  • Well, I'm going. Anyone interested in meeting me or my beard should come, because I'm probably going to be a hermit for the next 5 or 6 years at least.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • I would go, but I help run a convention in Baltimore in that same timeframe, and July is crunchtime for us.
    That's on top of the fact that it's just too far away, and therefore, too expensive for me to attend.

I wish I could, though :(
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • This makes me sad. I plan on buying a ticket soon. Hopefully more of you decide to go!
    -----

Nilofer says, "Xena is here, riding Xena, the Xenaesque Xena. She is wielding Xena in both of her hands."
  • Just a reminder that if not enough attendants sign up by the end of this month, IronCon may have to be cancelled.

If you are worried about purchasing a ticket but it may be cancelled, please remember that not only will we refund your purchase in full but you can keep the 100 bound credits. It's important we have a pretty good idea of what the head count will be before IRE decides if there's enough interest.

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Checking flight prices would cost me quite a bit, not including hotel prices and the con ticket.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Tickets to the middle of nowhere are expensive.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited January 2014
    Sorry, I don't do conventions! I especially hate meeting people who share my niche interests.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    We'd be combining it as our 10th wedding anniversary holiday, so it's definitely the once in a lifetime trip...coming all the way from Australia and all. We are trying to organise babysitters before we commit, but fingers crossed!

• Daraius said:
    Sorry, I don't do conventions! I especially hate meeting people who share my niche interests.
    But I was hoping you would bring cake. Now I am sad.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • It's just one weekend before SDCC, which is my big once-a-year vacation. I can't miss it, and I wouldn't be able to take off the full 10ish days it would require to attend both, even if they aren't too far from each other.

Realistically I don't think I'll be able to make it, as hard as I am trying to get things organised, it seems very unlikely at this point in time that I will have enough money saved up by June to pay for my plane ticket and accomodation while I am there.

• @Kagato if you are interested the cheapest flights we could find from Brisbane were via Honolulu on Hawaii Airlines (sounds too good to be true, I know).  Check it out, may be cheaper to fly via Brisbane or Sydney over there.  Msg me if you want more details.

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

edited January 2014
    Yeah, already looked at Hawaiian Airlines (it is what my girlfriend used when she flew to New Zealand), even with their lower prices, I will not be able to afford it unless I have a LOT of luck at the weekend markets (If I find that my products sell better than expected, I MIGHT be able to afford it, but it's VERY difficult to predict at this point in time - It helps that the candles I make sell for $10 each >_>)

I am off to buy two tickets right now! Australian Lusternians represented!

• From Announce 2287:

The deadline for signing up for IronCon is extended to February 15. If
    you believe you can attend, please consider signing up before then as if
    we don't have enough participants, IronCon will have to be cancelled.
    Note that if it is cancelled, you'll get a full refund AND be able to
    keep the credits as a gift. Besides, I'll want to meet you!

Does that mean that the decision to have ironcon 2014 or not is extended, or does that mean that there will be no more purchasing tickets at that point if we do wind up with enough tickets at the end of january?
  • AFAIK, Feb. 15 is the deadline that determines whether IronCon will happen.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • edited February 2014
    Hey guys, we are very close to getting the minimum numbers needed to make Ironcon happen! We just need a couple of players from each IRE game to sign up, and we'll be there!

So if you think you can make the meet at all, please get a ticket so we can make our goal. If we can't meet the goal, you'll get a full refund plus get to keep the 100 credits. BTW, while Lusternia was a big presence last year, our numbers look weak this year... we can't have more Aetolians than Lusternians!

RAWR!

http://www.ironrealms.com/ironcon2014
  • Arimisia said:
    I am with Morkarion, it is just too far from me from the east coast and even driving isn't an option which would be preferable (wee road trip!) . and not only that, Anthrocon is a bit before it and that take a good bit of $$ as well =\ and that one is a stone throw away.
    I just wanted to point out it will be cheaper for most people to fly to Vegas than to nearly any other place someone would pick. That's why so many organizations pick vegas. Even if that were not, or is not the case rooms will almost always be cheaper. And even if that were not, food and alchohol is very cheap.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Steingrim said:
    Arimisia said:
    I am with Morkarion, it is just too far from me from the east coast and even driving isn't an option which would be preferable (wee road trip!) . and not only that, Anthrocon is a bit before it and that take a good bit of $$ as well =\ and that one is a stone throw away.
    I just wanted to point out it will be cheaper for most people to fly to Vegas than to nearly any other place someone would pick. That's why so many organizations pick vegas. Even if that were not, or is not the case rooms will almost always be cheaper. And even if that were not, food and alchohol is very cheap.
    Nope, flying cross Atlantic to the east coast is cheaper than flying cross atlantic and then cross states to the west coast.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Hmm, tempting since I'm a Vegas native.  But man, that price...and I don't drink.  Oof, the ponderings.