Gestalt strengths

LavinyaLavinya Queen of SnarkAustralia
I realised I hadn't updated my gestalt for influencing in forever. My question is, does anyone know the order of strength levels? ie right now mine is robust, I -think- it's stronger than what it was, but I'm not sure.

Best Answers

• Accepted Answer
    3 commons - "feeble"
    4, 5, 6 commons - "weak"
    7, 8 commons - "average"
    9 commons - "potent"

---

Not going to list all the possible permutations of the later strengths, but these are what I can make with the ikons I have. There should be one level above godly, made of full legendaries, but I don't have a full legendary set yet. You'll need to ask someone who does - Faragan might have.

strong
    powerful
    robust
    awesome
    godly
    ???

Answers

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I'd hate to think how overpowered the upper tier ones are for amnesty ego DR, mine's only powerful and it already knocks near 1k off Cthoglogg.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Do Gestalts do anything besides help ego hits? Also what EXACTLY do Gestalts do? 
  • Probably diminishing returns. I'm using a godly gestalt, and it also knocks a little over 1 ~ 1.5k from cthog's usual hits.

• Gestalts reduce the ego used to influence, and possibly reduces the ego lost when getting hit by an influence attack (not that you should be hit by many, or any). It doesn't work for debating, and doesn't work for forcefield.

At least that's my understanding of it.
  • Gestalts do nothing but help reduce ego loss during influencing, ie, if you hit cthoglogg with an influence attack and you should take 3k ego damage for attacking, the gestalt will reduce it based on its strength. Similarly for when you get hit. Gestalt strength affects nothing else in the game

You have to build a gestalt to have a psychodrama game with another player, though gestalt strength has nothing to do with how good/bad your gestalt actually is in a battle.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    In fact, it tends to have an inverse relationship, doesn't it? I tend to find that for the game, common ikons are better.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    All I'm saying is I have 247 ikons from just turning essence in and there needs to be a better outlet for them...