Ascension 2014 Rules

13»

Comments

• Let's not slip down the slippery slope of "reasonable", hmm? Especially since I'm carrying around 60 kegs and a crapton of other stuff as a size 1 faeling. There's just no reasonable way that'd happen.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Ssaliss said:
    Let's not slip down the slippery slope of "reasonable", hmm? Especially since I'm carrying around 60 kegs and a crapton of other stuff as a size 1 faeling. There's just no reasonable way that'd happen.
    They're really small kegs? :D

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • A rules clarification as this is my first ascension.

_Justice_
    "+ Any preparatory or permanent buffs"

Which of the following count 
    -High Magic Netzach(Probably Not)
    -Music Bardic Presence(Probably Not)
    -Herofete (Probably, being Trade item...ish)
    -Argleblaster (Probably)
    For Mister Zvoltz, Pejat has been terminated by the Replicant Dynodeon.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Gonna drop that text file I have of peoples egos from either the last, or second to last Justice event, soon as I find it. Makes me wish I had that much.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Last year the only banned one was Penumbra IIRC.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I think if it regens ego, it's banned. Otherwise it's fine.
  • Harmony is a non-PK event, but are you still required to declare in order to debate someone?
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    Not since the changes that removed the declare requirement to debate people, I assume.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I hadn't realized they changed that back. Thanks.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Stupid question: are Harmony Mantras allowed?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • That is a form of regen. No
    It's a pretty retarded loophole that you can't use the Anguti Harmony Chant if you have Adept or higher Harmony.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Want to know retarded loophole? You can't use penumbra, which apparently gives a miniscule amount of ego regen. I don't think anyone uses it for the regen rather than for the +2 weighted cha.
    I agree. IMO, all non-aggressive skills should be allowed besides full resets.
  • You know what is really retarded? A contest being all about justice having no justice in it, the game is still mostly dominated by racial specs and guild skills.  Yes penumbra is +2 we can't use because of a tiny ego regen.

But hey greathouse bonus supposedly still works in it, as does being a warbling trill (only race that can hit max charisma). So all things are fair right normal faeling peasants?
    Obviously, Justice needs to be switched to a Vengeance Game.

Or freezetag.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Shaddus said:
    Obviously, Justice needs to be switched to a Vengeance Game. Or freezetag.
    Justice should be a family court type event imo.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Justice should still be an event based off ego contests, since the ego vital is pretty much one of the few unique things to Lusternia.

The current debating system is nowhere near suited for a PvP contest, however - it has none of the complexity and tactical nuances that full PK combat does, and none of the balances that a simpler contest would require.

Only 10,500? Someone's faeling to min/max.

Ok that pun was awful, but I'm still giggling at the Gorbachev line xD

• Morkarion said:

Yeah, I've never been good at it. If anyone knows where I can get a 30% ego blessing these days, please feel free to PM. ;;)
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Talan said:

Morkarion said:

Yeah, I've never been good at it. If anyone knows where I can get a 30% ego blessing these days, please feel free to PM. ;;)

The one I knew got nerfed :(

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Talan said:

Morkarion said:

No longer exists sadly.

Your best bet is the Throne + Bottles for 20+10. I miss my 13k ego Faeling though.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Ach yes, the bottles now are in the mix, I forgot about that.
  • But some of thoses misses (of your intended target)would be you hitting something.