God Blogs

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    We've lost a few really great divines this year, and I'm going to miss a couple of them particularly.

While it's inevitable and futile to say this, I'd like to take this opportunity to tell the admin that they're awesome and I hope they never never ever leave.

Ever.

Great blog, Isune.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I didn't realise Shikari had moved on too. Sadpanda, that throatrip thing was always kinda awesome to see.

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited October 2013
    Same, I didn't actually realise Shikari had left either, certainly slipped off rather quietly... :(
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • That helps me be even more appreciative of what you do.... and super intimidated about ever actually completing an application for eph.

Thanks for these glimpses into the other side of these games. :)

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I have to say that from the player end, when the event breaks, it can actually be one of the better parts of an event. The scripted stuff is great, but what I have always loved most about Lusternia is the interaction. The time spent with the NPCs who are "delaying" really helps with making the whole thing that much more immersive (to me at least).

So I would say that you do not need to panic quite so much. A lot of us are kind of from the background where we understand the tenacious nature of bugs, too. Things happen, they get fixed, people enjoy and go to bed satisfied... well, if they ever make it to bed.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Sometimes the bugs are the fun part. "Hey, you said if we gave the ravenous beasts these 237 items, it would turn into a magic stick!" "Well, yes, but... oh dear.. something has gone wrong..." "What else do we need to do now?" "Oh, I mean.. I... uh..." POOF "Magic sticks for everybody!"
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    edited January 2014
    I really really love getting these behind the scenes glimpses from the divine, I appreciate when you take the time to do these blogs. More I say, more! (when you have the time >_>)

• edited January 2014
    Don't want my joke taken the wrong way.
    edited February 2014
    Isune said:
    New god blog up, where Isune gets nostalgic and writes about Mortalsickness.

(PS: Someone bully @Yomoigu into writing one. Speech! Speech!)
    @Isune I would have thought that Morgfyre or Mysrai would have had a better chance of twisting his remaining arm into writing one, over one of us Mortals >_>

It's always great being able to get more insights about the life of ephemerals and what to keep in consideration if one is considering applying to become one in the next wave of applications.

• edited February 2014
    The one from @Isune about "mortalsickness" is something I feel like I could relate to. Not because I've played a god in an IRE, but because I imagine it's quite similar to the feeling you get in a game after you've discovered the console commands, or after you've installed and tweaked (and even made) enough mods that the curtain is completely pulled away. Once you've seen the game in that light, it's hard to ever look at it the same way again.
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

edited February 2014
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo etc etc

I wasn't even in your order (or was I, creep creep) but Zvoltz had a great big impact on little old tainted Lavinya, in just a few small interactions which probably didn't really mean much to you at the time! You will be missed far and wide, I am certain. And I will add my own missing into it, when I escape the denial that Zvoltz is gone after all. (No it can't be it's not possible noooo!)

• I never got to really RP with Zvoltz at all but I was there the night he showed up and Munsia was herself lol. Mag was so mad at her for that. Enjoy your retirement as a divine and enjoy embracing your mortal character again!
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    I have no regrets. 
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited February 2014
    Having read a good few of the god blogs, don't think there's any way I could ever insert the sufficient amount of crazy into myself to give up being able to play the game as a non-admin.  I deeply fear what'll happen if I ever end up in a position of power in my guild/commune (likely the day after I'll be in a horrid accident and spend two months in a coma, lose all my awesome things, and wake up and go 'Man...never running for GM again') and that puts me off from working towards stepping up to roles like that.

I imagine that would only increase a trillion fold if I applied and got accept as an ephemeral.
    So yeah. This is a long, somewhat self absorbed way of saying thank you to all the divine out there, past present and future.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    When I picked Entrias back up and started playing him, I was really torn between your order and Isune's. I wish I had really gotten to know you better.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Sorry to see you're leaving,  Zvoltz was one of the divine not of Celest that Kagato certainly looked up to, all their interactions, as brief as they may have been, were certainly a lot of fun :)

You'll certainly be missed and I wish you all the best in whatever the future may hold for you.  Perhaps we might bump into "you" wandering around as a mortal again one day without realising it.

• I will miss the love/hate relationship between you and Mysrai, that was such an interesting facet in our Orgs. I didn't get to interact with you much but you made an impact, even way over in Gaudi. I wish you well in life's journey and thank you for your part in making Lusternia great. You will be missed!

Mysrai strokes the decapitated head of Persayis tenderly.

---------------------------------------------------

Mysrai Thrice-Crowned intones, "DZA NA III."

You say, "Dzaa."

You nod your head emphatically.

Mysrai nods solemnly.

Mysrai gives you a peck on the cheek.

Reality solidifies, mending itself into a single paradigm as Mysrai departs.

• You will be greatly missed. Thank you for being such a great divine for Hallifax.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Amen to everything said so far (and likely everything afterwards)
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Well. Sad to see you go.

You were roughly a third of the reason why I got involved in Lusternia. I think the big reason I stayed with Lusternia is because of that time when I was new and you and Isune did punning stuff on the city channel. Actually, thinking about it, you sending your order after me and having Phoebus bring me to your fulcrux probably mattered more. I'd done IRE stuff before, but never for a really significant amount of time before dropping out, and I think that sort of interaction is what got me to stay this time around. I'm glad I did. Thanks for everything, Zvoltz, and best wishes to you.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.