Seal of Knowledge 2014

UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
edited February 2014 in World Library
Record of the questions for any who missed it.

Congratulations Kiradawea!

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Mortals! The time for the Trial of Knowledge is upon us once more."

Avechna has just begun a Quiz! Type JOIN QUIZ to participate.

Avechna, the Avenger says, "First! Those who are unsure of any quiz-related commands can find them under HELP QUIZ."
Avechna, the Avenger says, "Second. While all are welcome to watch and show their support, I ask that all Sealbearers and True Ascendants refrain from active participation."
Avechna, the Avenger says, "And, most importantly...spelling DOES matter for all questions."

You see the following people here: Ayisdra, Enyalida, Portius, Tarkenton, Zanoku, Kethaera, Iosen, Eritheyl, Morkarion, Elayde, Placeus, Raeri, Elanorwen, Zouviqil, Iari, Ried, Daevos, Yinichi, Haezon, Athree, Daebach, Shuyin, Xypher, Avechna, Eltorinus, Arimisia, Zyphora, Chade, Lavinya, Nilofer, Marcella, Skye, Romaan, Rykinia, Iytha, Dramshanks, Kelly, Hiriako, Svorai, Talan, Ixion, Maligorn, Leolamins, Sksez, Tridemon, Kiradawea, Ushaara.

Avechna, the Avenger says, "With that, I believe, we shall begin."

Banging His gavel, Avechna declares that it is time for a new question.
The Grand Inquisitor sets the next question's point value at 1.
Avechna, the Avenger says, "We start simply, to grease the wheels of your minds."
NEW QUESTION: "Of the two Lovers, which hailed from the Plane of Celestia?"
The Grand Inquisitor has decreed that you have but 10 seconds to answer this question. [spoiler]CORRECT ANSWER: "Dumaliel"[/spoiler]

NEW QUESTION: "What is the name of the hot-air balloon tour guide who lives in the Inner Sea?"
The Grand Inquisitor has decreed that you have but 10 seconds to answer this question.
[spoiler] CORRECT ANSWER: "Sepehr Skytamer" CORRECT ANSWER: "Sepehr"[/spoiler]

NEW QUESTION: "Where does Glinthor Rockpaw live?"
The Grand Inquisitor has decreed that you have but 10 seconds to answer this question.
[spoiler] CORRECT ANSWER: "The Blasted Lands" CORRECT ANSWER: "Blasted Lands" CORRECT ANSWER: "Groundhog shrine in blasted lands" CORRECT ANSWER: "Under the Blasted Lands in the Shrine of Groundhog" CORRECT ANSWER: "Blasted lands, spirit groundhog shrine"[/spoiler]

Avechna ponders the situation.
Avechna, the Avenger says, "The answer I was looking for was the Blasted Lands."
Avechna, the Avenger says, "Though, due to admitted lack of clarity, I will grant the points."
[spoiler] CORRECT ANSWER: "The shrine of the Groundhog" CORRECT ANSWER: "Groundhog Shrine"[/spoiler]

Avechna, the Avenger smiles with a wink and says, "Let us get into some more substantive questions, hmm?"
The Grand Inquisitor sets the next question's point value at 3.
NEW QUESTION: "What was the true name of the Giving Tree?"
The Grand Inquisitor has decreed that you have but 12 seconds to answer this question.
[spoiler] CORRECT ANSWER: "Ail'an Gloria"[/spoiler]

The Grand Inquisitor sets the next question's point value at 2.
NEW QUESTION: "Who stands before the Flesh Gate at the Temple of the Hidden Empress?"
[spoiler] CORRECT ANSWER: "Cthoglogg" CORRECT ANSWER: "Cthoglogg the Ritualist"[/spoiler]
Avechna, the Avenger says, "Again...spelling does matter."

NEW QUESTION: "Who led the Krokani military contingent which betrayed Emperor Ladantine during the Taint Wars?"
[spoiler] CORRECT ANSWER: "Lord Trogak"[/spoiler]

NEW QUESTION: "Who was the last God to splinter?"
[spoiler] CORRECT ANSWER: "Illith"[/spoiler]

Avechna, the Avenger says, "Note that I did not say 'Elder God'"
Avechna taps His nose knowingly.

Avechna, the Avenger says, "Kiradawea and Svorai are in the lead, with Ushaara and Ithya close behind. But there are many questions to go; it is still anybody's Seal!"

NEW QUESTION: "What two secret projects, when they collided, led to the cities of Hallifax and Gaudiguch being frozen in time?"
The Grand Inquisitor has decreed that you have but 12 seconds to answer this question.
[spoiler] CORRECT ANSWER: "Operation Crucible and Project Paradox" CORRECT ANSWER: "Paradox and Crucible" CORRECT ANSWER: "Crucible and Paradox" CORRECT ANSWER: "Project Crucible, Project Paradox"[/spoiler]

Avechna, the Avenger says, "Now then... a related question, I think."
NEW QUESTION: "For how many years were Hallifax and Gaudiguch frozen in time?"
[spoiler] CORRECT ANSWER: "600"[/spoiler]

Avechna puts His hands on His hips and goes "Hmmm!"
Avechna, the Avenger says, "A stumper, I suppose!"

Avechna, the Avenger says, "An easier one once more, then."
NEW QUESTION: "Who led the Old Celestine Empire during the initial Burning Star events?"
[spoiler] CORRECT ANSWER: "Empress Inalai III"[/spoiler]

Avechna, the Avenger says, "There were several Inalais. The exact number was sought."

The Grand Inquisitor sets the next question's point value at 5.
NEW QUESTION: "Aside from the condemned Traitors (Fain, Gheasia, Raezon), who else made up the Fifth Circle coterie which created Fain's Elixir?"
The Grand Inquisitor has decreed that you have but 15 seconds to answer this question.
[spoiler] CORRECT ANSWER: "Mugowumpois, Oshterel, Yomoigu, Mililiki"[/spoiler]

Avechna, the Avenger says, "This is an all or nothing event! No partial points."
NEW QUESTION: "From where was Fain released prior to His return to the Basin of Life in 189CE?"
[spoiler] CORRECT ANSWER: "The Illithoid Prison" CORRECT ANSWER: “The Undervault, imprisoned by kephera”[/spoiler]

NEW QUESTION: "Which two Great Spirits dwell in the Ackleberry Commune?"
[spoiler] CORRECT ANSWER: "Lake and Bear" CORRECT ANSWER: "Sister lake and brother bear" CORRECT ANSWER: "Brother Bear and Sister Lake" CORRECT ANSWER: "Spirit lake, brother bear" CORRECT ANSWER: "Mother Lake and Brother Bear" CORRECT ANSWER: "Bear and Lake."[/spoiler]

Avechna, the Avenger says, "Only three questions remain!"
The Grand Inquisitor sets the next question's point value at 4.
NEW QUESTION: "What three devices created by Gheasia and Raezon were specifically mentioned during their sentencing?"
The Grand Inquisitor has decreed that you have but 17 seconds to answer this question.
[spoiler] CORRECT ANSWER: "Singoah Weaponry, Hyringex Collar, Morokeche Seat."[/spoiler]

The Grand Inquisitor sets the next question's point value at 4.
NEW QUESTION: "Who are the five members of the Anas'im'aeklas?"
The Grand Inquisitor has decreed that you have but 16 seconds to answer this question.
[spoiler] CORRECT ANSWER: "Thalafir Oakvine, Slemgooum Fyrgenwig, Coimrac Nightshade, Diakala the Packless, Tinjtak Gladheart" CORRECT ANSWER: "Diakala, Tinjtak Gladheart, Coimrac Nightshade, Slemgooum and Thalafir" CORRECT ANSWER: "Diakala, Tinjtak Gladheart, Coimrac Nightshade and Slemgooum Fyrgenwig and Thalafir Oakvine"[/spoiler]

Avechna, the Avenger says, "The final question!"
The Grand Inquisitor sets the next question's point value at 5.
NEW QUESTION: "Which gnomish captain crashed his aethership into Avechna's Peak, an action which led to the mountain being infested with Slivvens?"
The Grand Inquisitor has decreed that you have but 13 seconds to answer this question.
[spoiler] CORRECT ANSWER: "Lotin Snapfuse" CORRECT ANSWER: "Lotin"[/spoiler]

Final Scores: [spoiler]
Grand Inquisitor: Avechna, the Avenger. Contestant Points -------------- ------ #1 Kiradawea 30 #2 Ushaara 25 #3 Iytha 10 #4 Svorai 8 #5 Maligorn 6 #6 Tridemon 5 #7 Haezon 5 #8 Portius 4 #9 Marcella 4 #10 Ixion 3 #11 Talan 3 #12 Skye 3 #13 Irillia 3 #14 Morkarion 3 #15 Zouviqil 3 #16 Kethaera 3 #17 Ried 2 #18 Ayisdra 2 #19 Iosen 2 #20 Iari 2 #21 Elayde 2 #22 Kelly 1 #23 Chade 1 #24 Zyphora 1 #25 Enyalida 1 #26 Nilofer 1 #27 Elanorwen 1 #28 Hiriako 0 #29 Daevos 0 #30 Placeus 0 #31 Shuyin 0 #32 Morshoth 0 #33 Raeri 0 #34 Hinic 0 #35 Xypher 0 #36 Sksez 0 #37 Khuthep 0 #38 Leolamins 0 #39 Eritheyl 0 #40 Eltorinus 0 #41 Jakir 0 #42 Romaan 0 #43 Lavinya 0 #44 Dramshanks 0 #45 Daebach 0 #46 Yinichi 0 #47 Athree 0 #48 Tarkenton 0 #49 Kaina 0 #50 Arupsta 0 #51 Nikolaj 0 #52 Rykinia 0 #53 Arimisia 0 #54 Avechna 0 #55 Zanoku 0 [/spoiler]

Avechna, the Avenger says, "With an impressive 30 points, congratulations to Kiradawea, the Bearer of the Seal of Knowledge!" By the order of the Grand Inquisitor, the winner is...KIRADAWEA! Let's all give her a big hand folks.

Comments

• You got the final score wrong. Kelly got the last question right and snagged a tie with Maligorn for 5th.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited February 2014
    Oh man, I actually knew a few. I coulda been a contendah!

Who am I kidding I would have been paralyzed.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor

Tridemon said:
    You got the final score wrong. Kelly got the last question right and snagged a tie with Maligorn for 5th.
    Oops. I probably hit quizstatus for final scores in between the Lotin Snapfuse and Lotin answers and missed Kelly's points.
  • Daraius said:
    Oh man, I actually knew a few. I coulda been a contendah!

Who am I kidding I would have been paralyzed.
    That happens to all of us. Both me and Ushaara managed to botcher questions due to being nervous.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    So, question for the people that got them right, what are the sources for the Giving Tree and Anas'im'aeklas questions? I don't think I've ever heard of either of those before the quiz.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    The Giving Tree was the climax of the Era of the Wounded Sky story arc. It played a part in the Icewynd/Zenos seal weakening of what, 2012? So event posts from around then should have it.

The Anas'im'aeklas is very recent, and are the opposing group to the lucidian climatologists in the Plaxios Lowlands. Event news posts just before the round-up of the Dumaliel/Grimbach story arc have the details.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I see a few I would have really raked my brain over. Thanks for posting!
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    First, thank you for posting.

Second, I wish we had an accompanying list of all the answers. Some were pretty funny!
  • Events 239 for the Giving Tree.

Events 295 and 296 for the Anas'im'aeklas (AKA: Nature's Renewal).
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.