Bashing to Demigod

Alright, I know this question has been asked numerous times by many people, but I don't think I have read any threads that pertain to bashing as an Aerochemancer before. Let me give a few specs on my character at the current moment:

Common Skills         Rank           Pool
-------------         ------------   ------------
Combat                Expert         Melee
Resilience            Transcendent   Fitness
Discernment           Fabled         Intellect
Highmagic             Mythical       Arcana
Planar                Expert         Mysticism
Discipline            Transcendent   Willpower
Environment           Virtuoso       Communion
Influence             Transcendent   Magnetism
Dramatics             Gifted         Performance
Arts                  Capable        Finearts
Beastmastery          Master         Magnetism
Aethercraft           Adept          Mysticism

Trade Skills          Rank           Pool
Jewellery             Master         Finearts

Guild Skills          Rank           Pool
Elementalism          Transcendent   Mysticism
    Aerochemantics
Psionics              Virtuoso       Intellect
    Telekinesis
Illusions             Master         Intellect
    Phantasms

I'm currently level 84 and I have absolutely -no- idea where to go in order to bash, or influence, or anything. By the by, I have no system either so that also will play a contributing factor in my massive bashing spree.  Any help would be greatly appreciated in this gigantic endeavor.

Thanks,

Jakir

Comments

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Kephera..
  • Highly recommend system, Tulemrah's Medic! is free!

• I didn't realize Tulemrah's Medic was free...Do you have a link that I could download it? That would make things a ton easier Maligorn
  • @Jakir its here on the forums, in the mechanics corner, just look for it a little ways back
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited February 2014
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Awesome! Got it! So, what about areas I could go to in order to reach Demi? I mean I could hunt Kephera and such, but in time wouldn't I run out and/or be burned out on bashing just those?
  • theres UV trash, Astral, asylum, etc

tons of places. Try asking your city/guild.

if not, I'm pretty sure theres a list on the wiki/maybe even already a post here about it
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Jakir said:
    Awesome! Got it! So, what about areas I could go to in order to reach Demi? I mean I could hunt Kephera and such, but in time wouldn't I run out and/or be burned out on bashing just those?
    You'll never run out of kepherans hunting them alone, because there are so many of the things.  You just need to learn how to get between the hives.

However, if someone else is hunting them it is possible to run out (especially if the other person hunting them is a higher level).  They are also (sometimes and rarely) defended, so need to keep an eye out for someone trying to defend them; your organization has defensive treaties with most of the orgs that defend kephs so you may actually have an easier time of it than some others, depending on how the treaties are written.

It's always good to have other options.  Tunnel trash can be quite nice as well (tunnel trash is all the stuff in the Undervault tunnels).  Be careful of stacks of cave-fishers though.  As you get higher, you can try the Catacombs (the experience there isn't great, but it can sometimes be decent gold and a break from the regular routine).
  • Thanks Xenthos for the info, I did read on here that when bashing the UV trash that it would be best to have a system that can pick up on the targets in a room, right now I manual all of my targets, would that be more beneficial in the long run? If so, where would I find a system such as that? Right now I have Mudlet as my primary client just for a heads up.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    If you prod me (entrias) when you see me, I Can give you a ride to Lirangsha and you can influence there for a lot of experience.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Influence over bashing Kephera if you have that option. It's faster and the cost is less and the money exchange is higher. You further two goals at once.
  • Awesome! Thanks Shaddus, I will do that whenever I see ent online. Also, thanks Munsia for the info too, I'll give that a shot before deciding to slaughter them if I won't end up penalized for it by my city and such.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited February 2014
    Also if influencing, try to get your hands on a Rare, Epic or Legendary ikon.  When consumed, you will get a 50%, 100% or 200% experience boost for 12 hours of logged on time (timer freezes when logged out), speeding up things further still.

Ikons are most efficient when purely influencing though, just keep in mind - Killing them doesn't get a bonus from the ikon, so the time used killing them is time that could be used influencing another denizen.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • I don't get the concept of Ikons, care to help me understand them Kagato?
    You generate ikons in a few ways.  Some examples are:
    1) Specific quests can generate ikons (the easiest ones are the village honours quests; doing these will be the fastest way to get a number of them).
    2) Bringing in essence to your nexus (it takes a bit, but this will generate ikons related to your organization).

Ikons are of different "rarity" (this is based on their stats).  The higher this quantity is, the larger a bonus you will get from consuming it.

You can also play psychodrama with ikons, so it can be fun to collect a bunch for that purpose too!
  • So I will need to seek out these Ikons, and...consume  them? Like eat them like food or something? Do they show up in my inventory or are the like something like the goldentonics?
    You would use IKON LIST to see them, and then you can IKON CONSUME # to get the bonus from it.

Use IKON to see a list of commands related to them.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited February 2014
    Xenthos covered the important stuff, certain quests have a stronger chance of giving an ikon - for example completing a set of beacons for the Celest epic quest is guaranteed to give a Celest type ikon, while freeing Joiya or helping Jeitara is guaranteed to give a Water type ikon.  Easier tasks like the ones that Xenthos mentioned may take several clears to gain a single ikon.

One extra use of Ikons is to make Gestalts, or sets of ikons, these can be used in Psychodrama battles, or they can be used to strengthen yourself in certain ego battles.

Firstgestalt: Can make a gestalt of 3 ikons (1 character, 1 prop, 1 scene), also grants you defence in charity type ego battles (the strength of the defense depends on your gestalt rarity, for example 3 legendary is more powerful than 3 common)
    Secondgestalt: Can make a gestalt of 4 ikons (2 character, 1 prop, 1 scene), also grants you defence in paranoia ego battles
    Thirdgestalt: Can make a gestalt of 5 ikons (2 character, 2 prop, 1 scene), also grants you defence in weakening ego battles
    Fourthgestalt: Can make a gestalt of 6 ikons (2 character, 2 prop, 2 scene), also grants you defence in empowering ego battles
    Fifthgestalt: Can make a gestalt of 7 ikons (3 character, 2 prop, 2 scene), also grants you defence in seduction ego battles
    Sixthgestalt: Can make a gestalt of 8 ikons (3 character, 3 prop, 2 scene), also grants you defence when influencing villages during a revolt on behalf of your city or commune (You learn these attacks at CR2, 4 and 6)
    Seventhgestalt: Can make a gestalt of 9 ikons (3 character, 3 prop, 3 scene), also grants you defence in Parley or Amnesty ego battles 

The only restriction with making gestalts is that all Characters, Props or Scenes in a single gestalt must be the same type, for example you can have 3 earth characters, 3 soulless props and 3 celest scenes, but you couldn't have 2 earth and 1 fire character.  The only exception to this is Eternal ikons, which are effectively wildcards and can be used in any set.

What Gestalt you can make is determined by how many lessons you have spent in Dramatics and can be found in AB DRAMATICS
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Okay, so when you make a gestalt, it only gives defense to that one particular ego battle? They don't stack on one another? Like for instance:

I make a second Gestalt, gives the paranoia defense, so would the charity defense be added into that as well? Seeing as how it seems that I'm adding in a single character to the bunch? If not then is there a way to have a defense per battle at all times?
    They stack together, so when you have the maximum gestalt you get a defense to all of the types.
  • Alright, so from what I'm hearing is to influence more than bash. Which is fine, that's how I got to my 80's mainly at least from Tosha as well as guards anyway. Is there any known way to be able to make influencing go faster than it does? I get rather...bored after some time of it to be honest.
    Just make sure you have all of the buffs you can. An influencing beast, some oils, wetfold and so on, as well as some dramatics.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Just make sure you have all of the buffs you can. An influencing beast, some oils, wetfold and so on, as well as some dramatics.

To add on to this, if you decide to buy credits/have credits, buying those cheap 100cr artifact runes to help with your type of influencing is pretty useful. Additionally, for begging, I liked the scarecrow hat you bought with dingbats (it makes you dingy and that makes begging easier). Like bashing, you want to stack up all you can to make it go by faster. And there's always something to influence.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited February 2014
    Most of the absolute best stuff for levelling on influence is weak to charity, Lirangsha, Climanti Past etc, a scarecrow hat is a great investment.

Edit: Will note, Climanti past is not normal prime, and isn't Avechna protected. Mainly because Avechna didn't actually exist back then.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

A side note, guards are good for those 'idle don't wanna do anything' moments, but guards are the worst influencing in the game. 
    I don't actually know how to get to Climanti Past, oddly enough.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Shaddus said:
    I don't actually know how to get to Climanti Past, oddly enough.
    You go all the way up in Climanti, then touch the needle.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Oooooooh, there. 
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Note to self: next chunk of elite credits go into influence.