Maps

Is there a map for Icewynd and the neighboring areas? I found some player maps on the website, but Icewynd isn't on there, just the Plains and Ice havens (wherever those two are)

Best Answer

Answers

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    1. How is anybody supposed to know about hidden exits you have to use scaling to reach?

2. Is there some secret to scaling that's escaping me? I just keep falling. :(
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • 1.) Exploration - all of these were found when Icewynd opened up, if there's a big mountain area it's always a good idea to run through all the rooms whilst scaled to see if you can spot any secret areas.

2.) You either have to have the skill in Environment and not be mounted or have the skill in Beastmastery, have a beast trained with that ability and be mounted to scale, otherwise you just tumble down Daraius.
  • You can fly up and LAND MOUNTAINS (I think that's it, anyway) and then continually spam whatever direction or enter that you need to enter. Eventually you'll fall down to the correct elevation and then enter that way.
  • Every time I've tried the flying approach I just ended up falling down, and not having levitate up ended with broken limbs. Is there some trick to it? I was in a room where scaling would get me up. 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    You have to:
    1) Have Scaling in Environment, or
    2) The beastmastery skill of scaling.

If you are on a beast and do not have the beastmastery skill, you will fall all the way down.  If you are -not- on a beast, and do not have the environment ability, you will fall.
  • Hmm. Fairly sure I only fell one level each time with about a second or two between each fall. I did have levitation up though.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited February 2014
    Maybe I'm scaling in the wrong rooms, but I fell off my beast every time! He stayed at the "in the mountains above" elevation so I had to whistle him back. I'll try the flying thing.

EDIT: Flying plus LAND MOUNTAINS seems to work, but even with beastmastery scaling, I fall off and slide down slowly. Good gracious there's a lot of elevation levels! 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I think there are nine elevation levels.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Huh. I thought there were ten... but I've never counted.