Character breakdown

Comments

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited July 2020
    OUTDATED.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Damnit, Shaddus, we don't want this thread to be 10 pages long overnight.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Whoa, whoa. Only eight of these are mine.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Character Name: Shaddus

THE ESSENTIALS

Race: Faeling, but would be Illithoid if I could afford it.

Guild: Geomancers
    City/Commune:Magnagora
    Order: Fain

THE LOOK

Hair: Covered in it. He's a mutated freak from being reincarnated about eight times.
    Eyes: One.
    Height: Short
    Build: Gangly and long-limbed
    Defining Features: A bored look
    Piercings: None
    Scars: A lot, including one that destroyed one of his eyes.

PERSONALITY

Strengths: Very loyal to those who he likes or worships.
    Weaknesses: He can't keep his mouth shut, and likes to shout at divine likely to zap him. Especially Terentia.
    Attitude: Generally friendly and helpful.
    Morals: What's that?
    Pet Peeves: People who guildhop/org hop constantly. 
    Best way to piss me off: Talk trash about Fain, complain about people who eat merians and elfen.
    Best way to get on my good side: Be respectful to those who deserve it in Shaddus' opinion.

FAVORITES

Color: Red and Black
    Tertiary: Illusions
    Tertiary Skill: Changeself
    Primary Skill: Staff
    Location: Either groveling at Fain's throne or sprawling out on his cherub-down bed.
    God/Goddess: FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN!!
    Guild Master/House Head: Don't know, don't care.
    Artifact (don't have to own): Pantograph
    Commodity: Wood
    Animal: Maggots
    Item owned: His order mask
    Village/forest/region: The Sphere of Capricorn
    NPC: Makfir
    Memory: Sthai putting him through an interview to join the Middle Order.
    Song: A macabre waltz.
    Drink: The blood of small merian children.

MINDSET

Goals: Become Fain's Avatar. It's never going to happen even if He comes back, but meh.
    Ambitions: To destroy New Celest's pantheon as well as Mysrai and Hoaracle, who he blames for Fain being exiled to the Void.
    Nemesis: Steel Goats
    Rival: Nobody now. 
    Best Friend: His Torus
    Idols: @Thoros, @Revan (at one point), @Ixchilgal
    Best personal achievement: Holding all three leadership positions in the Ninjakari, as well as being there with Thoros and Sthai when the Illithoid signed a treaty to give the city guards. Second to that, inguilding Aiakon back into the Geomancers.
    Worst personal achievement: Throwing away everything he had at the pinnacle of his time in the Geomancers simply because some upstart joined the guild and contested him simply because she wanted power.
    Proudest moment: Being given his order mask by Fain.
    Most shameful moment: Dying to Krin when Krin was a Cacophony.

SUMMARY

Why you should hate him: Because unless you serve Fain or the city, he has no time for you.
    Why you should love him: He'd give you the shirt off his back if you needed it.
    Why you should fear him: Because he doesn't care about you, or your feelings, or what you think is right or wrong. He does what he thinks serves Fain best. Period.
    Why he is harmless: because he has an utter lack of skills and he's not interested in fighting.
    If she ruled the world, you'd best expect: Pie. Also, Fain.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Character Name: Dramshanks Nightshade

THE ESSENTIALS
    Race: Faeling
    Guild: Shadowdancers
    City/Commune: Glomdoring
    Order: Nocht

THE LOOK
    Hair: Short, trimmed, black.
    Eyes: Almond shaped, crimson.
    Height: Quite short.
    Build: Light and angular.
    Defining Features: Veined membranous wings, large aquiline nose, gray skin.
    Piercings: Nostril
    Scars: No major or visible.

PERSONALITY
    Strengths: Erudite, helpful when he can be.
    Weaknesses: Underneath the bookish veneer, he's a fanatic. His obsession with the Wyrd takes him to dark ideological fanaticism.
    Morals: Completely tied to the success of the Wyrd.
    Pet Peeves: Pointless aggression.
    Best way to piss me off: Look down at novices.
    Best way to get on my good side: Write something beautiful.

FAVORITES

Color: Black.
    Tertiary: Healing
    Tertiary Skill: None
    Primary Skill: Any influencing.
    God/Goddess: Nocht
    Guild Master/House Head (all time): Astraea
    Artifact (don't have to own): Doctoral cord
    Commodity: Silk
    Animal: Spider
    Item owned: Arcane midnight robes of the witch
    Village/forest/region: Faethorn
    NPC: Rowena Nightshade
    Memory: Finding my mother.
    Song: None
    Drink: Black tea

MINDSET

Goals: To continue to ponder and write on the Wyrd. His greatest goal is to create a thoroughgoing and self-contained philosophy of the Wyrd. He dreams of truly creating a complete philosophical tradition that grounds everything from aesthetics to ethics in the Wyrd.
    Ambitions: The High Coven. Demigod. Full service to the Silent Lord. 
    Rival: None.
    Best Friend: Valonah
    Idol: Mother Night or Rowena
    Best personal achievement: Serving the Coven in any position.
    Worst personal achievement: Falling from the Mantle of Shadows from an absence.
    Proudest moment: Induction into the Nightshades.
    Most shameful moment: See worst personal achievement.
    If I could make one wish: He would embody Mother Night.

SUMMARY

Why you should hate him: He's a sycophantic and obsessive Glomdoring member with no vision beyond the Wyrd. He truly cannot imagine or see any merit in other philosophies and it drives his thinking to be one-sided.
    Why you should love him: He sees his fellow commune members as family. He has never strayed from the Wyrd and is fiercely loyal to loved ones and family.
    Why you should fear him: The quiet ones with the books and the rituals and the non-combative natures sometimes have a way of ending up changing things in big ways when it is not expected.
    Why he is harmless: He truly is a poor combatant.
    If he ruled the world, you'd best expect: A Wyrden world. No exceptions. Whatsoever.
  • I have to say, seeing all these vague heights, like "taller than most X" or "shorter than most X" is rather infuriating. I understand if you dont want to put it exclusively in your description, a lot of people don't like that aesthetic, but at least commit to a height on an OOC level, because when you RP with somebody significantly taller or shorter than yourself, it can be dificult to figure out exactly where you reach on a person's height.

Also, if everybody is "shorter than most" then everybody is average, amirite?

o.o
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
    There, I fixed it for you. 
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Parua said:

Also, if everybody is "shorter than most" then everybody is average, amirite?

o.o
    Don't forget the millions of visible and invisible NPCs making up the average! Everybody's a little shorter or taller than them.  :P
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I'm honestly not trying to be petty. My character is a foot and a half tall. It makes a difference, and helps tremendously, if you say "around five and a half feet" instead of "slightly shorter than average" 

It makes a difference, because on some people she's calf-height, knee-height, waist-height, or shoulder-height

which is a big difference when emoting.
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
  • Abberantly short is more evokative than "one foot tall", which sounds clinical.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • agreed, but still vague. Aberrantly short could mean any height thats significantly shorter than the norm, which, while flavorful, does not help with figuring out where you reach in relation to the other character's body.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I tend to rebel against imperial measurements, so my description does not mention a specific height. I did, however, bow to perceived pressure and give a height in feet here on the forums, because 90% of people haven't embraced the glory of the metric system.

• I've always considered the race average to be the size / 2 in feet (because I'm a filthy American). So I usually work from there when people write shorter than most/taller than most.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited February 2014
    Maligorn said:
    I've always considered the race average to be the size / 2 in feet (because I'm a filthy American). So I usually work from there when people write shorter than most/taller than most.
    I seem to remember Someone official suggesting that this is about right, but that density is a consideration too (e.g. trills have hollow bones, so they're taller than their 10 height stat might suggest).

(Secret: Daraius's size stat is 4. :-S )
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Oh, yes. Trill are the exception for sure. They're meant to be freakishly elegantly tall. And, of course, demigods.

Less chatting, more breakdowns.
    I can't very well post them one right after another. I need people to post theirs so I can space mine out.
  • edited February 2014
    Character Name: Chade d'Illici

THE ESSENTIALS

Race: Changeling (Faeling, Dwarf, Aslaran or Mugwump)
    Guild: Templars (Flexed as a Pyromancer)
    City/Commune: Gaudiguch
    Order: Mysrai

THE LOOK

Hair: Amorphic
    Eyes: Amorphic
    Height:  Amorphic but generally: Tall as a Pyromancer (Size 25 for Shieldstun) - Short as a Templar (Size 1 for Dex)
    Build: Amorphic
    Defining Features: His sheer lack of a defining feature.
    Piercings: None.
    Scars: None.

PERSONALITY

Strengths: Always willing to try, passion for exploration - particularly the breaking and entering kind. 
    Weaknesses: Often treats everything as a bit of a joke; is forgetful and borderline senile; secretly wants to release the Soulless. 
    Attitude: Good natured, affable, old-manish.
    Morals: None when it comes to breaking and entering - particularly inner temples and guildhalls.
    Pet Peeves: Seriousness.
    Best way to piss me off: Nagging and constant prodding.
    Best way to get on my good side: Chill out and drink some whiskey with him, make him laugh, be willing to put up a good fight, let him test Pyromancer skills on you.

FAVORITES

Color: Orange.
    Tertiary: Paradigmatics or Telekinesis.
    Tertiary Skill: Reality or Pyre.
    Primary Skill: Skewer or Incinerate.
    God/Goddess: Mysrai/Fain.
    Guild Master/House Head (all time): Altrea as Grand Mistress General.
    Artifact (don't have to own): Pliers of Clangorum.
    Commodity: Steel. Great for tempering!
    Animal: His eagle.
    Item owned: His cookie of Ankastra made by Iosai for their wedding <3.
    Village/forest/region: Icewynd.
    NPC: Hardari.
    Memory: Releasing Zenos and getting a giant statue for it.
    Song: The minstrel one that increases his fire damage.
    Drink: Whiskey.

MINDSET

Goals: To release another Soulless God.
    Ambitions: To make d'Illici a Great House.
    Nemesis: The Shofangi Guildhall, it's a pain to break into.
    Rival: Shuyin, he's just ahead of him in explorer rankings.
    Best Friend: Ankastra, Ardmore, Ashteru.
    Idol: None, he's too old.
    Best personal achievement: Being first Warlord of Magnagora and first Dark Marshal of Glomdoring.
    Worst personal achievement:  Being a secret Fainite spy whilst he was first Dark Marshal of Glomdoring.
    Proudest moment: Being the leader of Magnagora when it was the first organisation to become an empire.
    Most shameful moment: Preventing the tainting of the Fae whilst Emperor of Magnagora so they could keep Serenwilde neutral and continue to crush Celest. Should have tainted the Fae!
    If I could make one wish: That the Chaos Hamster dingbat items would come out of retirement.

SUMMARY

Why you should hate him: He's probably been in your guildhall and definitely been in your inner temple - including the places you can't get to.
    Why you should love him: He tries to be nice to everyone (well almost).
    Why you should fear him: He's old and might drool on you.
    Why he is harmless: His affability.
    If he ruled the world, you'd best expect: He'd give it up, once was enough as Emperor of Magnagora.
  • Chade said:

Well. I guess that's ONE thing the Shofangi can be proud of.
  • edited February 2014
    It's interesting to see everyone's pov of their character and how they want them to be perceived. I like this thread.

Also scary how many of you have changed and how many of you have stayed committed to your various orgs.

Also, @Chade, this, all of my this:

Why you should hate him: He's probably been in your guildhall and definitely been in your inner temple - including the places you can't get to.

Think you could smuggle Aison back into Eventru's inner temple?!
  • edited February 2014
    Eventru's gone @Aison

Was a minor event where Eventru and Lyreth fused to become Valtreth.

And you should totally make your own post here. For sure.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    Kay said:

Chade said:

Well. I guess that's ONE thing the Shofangi can be proud of.

That attitude right there is why you can't keep members. Instead of wailing about it, fix it :)

/derail

• Kiradawea said:
    Eventru's gone @Aison

Was a minor event where Eventru and Lyreth fused to become Valtreth.

And you should totally make your own post here. For sure.
    Actually I'm pretty sure his God Realm still exists and can be flown to via aetherspace, it just immediately kicks you out. Bit of a pain really as I'm guessing the rooms still count for explorer rankings and the place is so big that it probably locks the top 5-8 explorer rankings into unbeatable positions.