Returning crone bears questions

Slowly getting my feet wet with Lusternia again, after quite a bit of time away. I am certain I will have more questions as time goes on, please bear with me.

- Is the old MushClient system still around? If not, are there any other decent systems that would be recommended (for bashing), be it Mush or CMUD? 
- I had an old cartel that I transferred to new ownership before I went away, but both the trademaster and current leader are as dormant as I recently was. Is there any way to reclaim it? 
- Same as the above but with manses, though I feel both are pretty solid 'Sorry you're SOL's'
- What are the current dynamics between organizations? Hallifax and Gaudiguch are new since I last played, though I'm slowly working through newsposts. 
- What are Glacierford and Snowrise? I'm enemied but am drawing a blank, and can find no HELPs to help me. 

Thanks in advance. 

Comments

• Tajalli said:
    Slowly getting my feet wet with Lusternia again, after quite a bit of time away. I am certain I will have more questions as time goes on, please bear with me.

- Is the old MushClient system still around? If not, are there any other decent systems that would be recommended (for bashing), be it Mush or CMUD? 
    - I had an old cartel that I transferred to new ownership before I went away, but both the trademaster and current leader are as dormant as I recently was. Is there any way to reclaim it? 
    - Same as the above but with manses, though I feel both are pretty solid 'Sorry you're SOL's'
    - What are the current dynamics between organizations? Hallifax and Gaudiguch are new since I last played, though I'm slowly working through newsposts. 
    - What are Glacierford and Snowrise? I'm enemied but am drawing a blank, and can find no HELPs to help me. 

Thanks in advance. 
    1) Yes, Mushclient is still around, and still updated (it is at like 4.81 as the stable release, or 4.91 as the most updated)
    2) You can try messaging the admin, but chances are it isn't going to happen.
    3) If you deeded it to a person, same as above probably. If you deeded it to an org, you can have it deeded back to you if the org will do it.
    4) In essence it is basically Glom/Gaudiguch/mag vs Seren/Celest  with Hallifax being neutral (I believe) or working with Seren/Celest depending who you ask...
    5) No idea what those are.
  • Thank you!

• Tajalli said:
    Thank you!
    As a quick amendment to the first answer, There is Mushclient. that said, there really isn't that up to date system for it. There is AG that @Ethelon provides for 40cr, but with him doing other things, it is bound to have some issues (although for general bashing, it probably do you just fine). There is another client, Mudlet, that has m&m that Vadi provides. Since I use Mushclient, I can't speak much for Mudlet (or m&m)
  • You can use POLITICS <enemied area> to get a clue. For instance:

**************************POLITICS OF GLACIERFORD**************************
             Sphere of Influence:
                  Village Leader: Count Coldmore
                      Serenwilde: Neutral
                      Glomdoring: Neutral
                          Celest: Neutral
                       Magnagora: Neutral
                       Gaudiguch: Neutral
                        Hallifax: Neutral
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

***************************POLITICS OF SNOW RISE***************************
             Sphere of Influence:
                  Village Leader: Mister Frostono
                      Serenwilde: Neutral
                      Glomdoring: Neutral
                          Celest: Neutral
                       Magnagora: Neutral
                       Gaudiguch: Neutral
                        Hallifax: Neutral
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Granted, I have no idea who Coldmore or Frostono are (although their name rings a bell), but perhaps it'll bring you closer to the answer.
  • I've tried Mudlet with other muds, and just struggle more than I care to admit with the interface/interaction. I remember I paid for a system way back when, we had a clan and everything. 
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Those two are the different factions on Frostica, an aether bubble.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • Aaah, I vaguely recall Frostica. Thank you!
  • There is no public (free) combat system for MUSHclient.

• Not asking for free ones, I've enough of a stockpile of credits left and would happily pay, I know learning to code and work out all of that stuff that goes over my head is a valuable skill and takes time to develop/hone, let alone system building!
  • edited February 2014
    m&m works pretty damn good, even if you're coding retarded (like me :D) Especially with Vadi's code (thank you vadi!!)
    And, having someone that can make the retarded little things I like to have around. Like Counters lol :)

And, being another old crone just come back,...man things have changed. :) I'm still digging through files going 'what the hell happened to..."

And I've been back for over a month. UGH lol.
  • edited February 2014
    I believe there were only really three or four MUSHclient systems circulating, and they're all at least a few months out of date now. Anything you can find now will likely require you to maintain it yourself, paid or not. (Sorry.)

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    That said, systems being a few months out of date right now doesn't mean much, the game hasn't changed much in the last few months.
  • @Vadi's still updating m&m, and it's a great system. As @Enyalida mentioned, there haven't been any changes to the game that have required an update in a while.
  • That's all good to know! Maybe I'll give Mudlet another go (and just weep silently to myself in the process!).
  • There's also a free mudlet system in the forums that uses firstaid.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    As for your cartel, which was it? Some older players are still reachable or are playing younger characters now.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Sartorial Straits - Leiliadhe's clan head, Arzkrael's Trademaster. 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Arkzrael is still reachable, I'm friends with her on Facebook. Message her and she should respond.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I hear Thalkros sells a MUSH one. Not entirely sure on the price, though. But I've been told it's pretty much up to date. (Only evidenced by my interactions with Ryki's mum, but yeah)