How much is the ratio between esteem and essence when offering?

edited March 2014 in Q&A
Can someone give me the closest approximation or exact if possible of how much essence is received from offering 1 amount of esteem? Does it rememain consistent too? I don't get the figurines to fight so mine are usually at level 1, but for future use by me or others, I'd also like to know how much the higher level adds (20 percent more, 30 percent...?) as well as the other influences. Thanks.

Sorry if this is too specific, but I wanted to cover as much as possible.
Retired.

Comments

• edited March 2014
    http://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/comment/1953/

For the lazy, the basic formula is:

esteem * 100 * (levels *.05) = essence gain.

That is, each level gives an extra 5% (capping out at 200% extra at level 40).

There are other things Tattoo (up to 10%) and god realm size that also increase the amount.
  • The level bonus starts at 10% at level 2 (level 1 gets no bonus). That bonus is 7% instead of 5% if the figurine is miniaturised.

It can also be upped by a cult power (not sure which).
  • Ayisdra said:
    http://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/comment/1953/

For the lazy, the basic formula is:

esteem * 100 * (levels *.05) = essence gain.

That is, each level gives an extra 5% (capping out at 200% extra at level 40).

There are other things Tattoo (up to 10%) and god realm size that also increase the amount.
    :(

I searched for esteem threads before posting this one, damn it. Sorry for repeat thread.

Anyone know which cult power and how it gets raised? Also, going by the other thread Ayisdra linked, let me get this straight, a figurine leveled to level 40 would end up giving 200 percent of the esteem it would have given at level 1?
    Retired.
  • Nope, 300%. A 200% boost.
  • edited March 2015
    Edited to include Poteen Bonus 6/9/14
    Edited to include Affinity Penalty 3/28/15

We figured this out on envoys a bit ago.

(Flat Esteem Value) * 100 * (1+Figurine Level Bonus + Miniaturize Level Bonus) * (1+Realm Size Bonus + Divine Tattoo Bonus) * (1+Poteen Offering Bonus)

Figurine Level Bonus = .05*level (max 2.0)
    Miniaturize Level Bonus = .02*level (max .8)
    Realm Size Bonus = (Essence generated from influencing 1 realm-mob/1000)-1
    Divine Tattoo Bonus = .001* tattoo weight (max .1)
    Poteen Pot Bonus = .5 (lasts 1 hour)

If you have the affinity penalty, the formula is this:

(Flat Esteem Value) * 100 * (1+Figurine Level Bonus + Miniaturize Level Bonus) * Floor((1+Divine Tattoo Bonus)) * (1+Poteen Offering Bonus) / 2

F--k affinity.

I have:
    Level 40, miniaturized figurine with 50k esteem, 4% realm bonus, 100 weight divine tattoo.

50000*100*(1+2+.8)*(1+.04+.1) = 21660000 essence.

I'm not sure where or if the SupplicantsPrayer factors in. If anyone does experimenting, please post your numbers.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Supplicant's prayer IIRC comes in just before the divine weight tattoo and after the Realm bonus.

However that's a scaling boost depending how many cultists are present when it's cast, the math for that however, I don't have.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited April 2020
    A couple people asked me about this, so going to necro this thread. First,

>--------------------------[ Changelog Entry #1965 ]--------------------------<
       Entered by: Ianir the Anomaly                   Date: 2020-01-21 15:44:22
       o The esteem to essence ratio has been cut. The final result of the
       calculations is now multiplied the final result by 0.67.
    >---------------------------------------------------------------------------<

2020/04/12 21:04:21 - +5589978 essence from Nil's Ultimate Brazier of Blinding Divinity by Ixion.
    In practice just now, 10,000 esteem units --> 5589978 essence offered. That is with poteen, all max buffs on everything and a realm size of 1200 per mob base.

If you use the "formula" from before the changelog, it was about a 741x multiplier to convert esteem into essence with all buffs on (except supplicantsprayer), which multiplied by 0.67 equals ~496. Obviously 559 != 496. There was always some rounding error, but generally the formula held until this changelog. I dug into it further.

As stated before, multiplying the entire result by 0.67 was inaccurate, and multiplying any "category" also failed. The only way to get about the correct value with a 0.67 multiplier is if it ONLY applies to the figurine and miniature bonus. 

As follows:
    OLD: (Flat Esteem Value) * 100 * (1+Figurine Level Bonus + Miniaturize Level Bonus) * (1+Realm Size Bonus + Divine Tattoo Bonus) * (1+Poteen Offering Bonus)

NEW: (Flat Esteem Value) * 100 * (1+0.67*(Figurine Level Bonus + Miniaturize Level Bonus)) * (1+Realm Size Bonus + Divine Tattoo Bonus) * (1+Poteen Offering Bonus)

tl;dr: Esteem unit to offerings ratio is now about 559x multiplier with a decent realm size.

Edit: Not to get too technical into rounding, but hey, the raw math shows it to be 0.666662637362637 instead of 0.67.

• Ixion said:

Edit: Not to get too technical into rounding, but hey, the raw math shows it to be 0.666662637362637 instead of 0.67.

That's how most people who don't math do rounding, you know. 0.5 and above rounds up to the next number. ;)

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• edited April 2020
    Don't get me started on sig figs and more in depth math. The edit was mostly for amusement purposes. Rounding is on the output end, I would imagine, and my overly precise number there means nothing.

I'm hoping all that is helpful though! It's nice knowing how much Elder gogo-juice you're offering with that hard earned esteem.