Design Submissions

SiamSiam Whispered Voice
Hi, I recently submitted a design for Glitterweb, which got rejected because of a c/p mishap with the comm requirements. I corrected the design. I also resubmitted it. However it's been at least a week since I resubmitted it and it's still under WIP.

What confuses me is the turn-around time. It got rejected a day after I submitted it but it's taken longer for the ammended design to go through. Is the method of how designs are flagged by the system somehow causing the reviewers to somehow overlook the design?

Also, sorry mods. I can't find a way to post this as a question from my phone.

Thanks!
Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Comments

• It's because each reviewer can review a design only once, to prevent an exploit where a reviewer gets his pal to submit a flawed design, he reviews it, gets paid, repeat indefinitely.  The unfortunate side effect is that the most active reviewers get used up on your rejection, and now it's waiting on less active ones.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Thanks!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Siam said:
    Hi, I recently submitted a design for Glitterweb, which got rejected because of a c/p mishap with the comm requirements. I corrected the design. I also resubmitted it. However it's been at least a week since I resubmitted it and it's still under WIP. What confuses me is the turn-around time. It got rejected a day after I submitted it but it's taken longer for the ammended design to go through. Is the method of how designs are flagged by the system somehow causing the reviewers to somehow overlook the design? Also, sorry mods. I can't find a way to post this as a question from my phone. Thanks!
    Just thought I should clarify just in case, if it's listed as WIP in your design list then it is NOT actually submitted for review.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Oh, I apologize if I confused you. I meant SUBMIT.

#bringShikariback 

• I'm a bit out of touch with crafting still, but aren't approvers all selected by admin? The limitations on who can approve what seems a bit heavy handed if that is the case, since a 'you're fired' would resolve such abuse of power. 
  • Tajalli said:
    I'm a bit out of touch with crafting still, but aren't approvers all selected by admin? The limitations on who can approve what seems a bit heavy handed if that is the case, since a 'you're fired' would resolve such abuse of power. 
    Can't expect the admin to go check what every reviewer has been up to. The way things work now is a simple and effective way to limit abuse. What could however be needed is a new call for reviewers. 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • edited March 2014
    I do not see how it is any different than guides or mortal builders and so on, which are all under administrative purview, thus the question. You can't expect the administration to verify that no abuse is ongoing in every single case, but they are the ones hiring these individuals.

I suppose my stance would be different if it was like Aetolia's system where anyone who pays 20,000 gold to join the crafters guild can go through the queue, where abuse has been a problem and admin have had to step in in the past (though they aren't paid there). This way does seem effective in limiting abuse, but seems a bit onerous on the adverse side.

-- I also do not know what sort of numbers we are dealing with with who can go over designs. Just coming back in and trying to work on things, it seems like a silly threshold of restrictions for people (that seem) hand-selected. 
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Automated oversight is huge in Lusternia, from Avenger PK system to designing. Yeah, it causes some problems, but it ostensibly frees admins to do other things.