A bird, a moose, and a wedding

TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
(The Canvas): Zyphora (from the Realm of the Aesthete) says, "For any of those who desire to attend, Turnus and I are being wedded at the open-air balcony of Lady Isune's temple shortly."

(The Canvas): Volucer says, "I am presiding!"

An open-air balcony trellised with sprawling rose vines.

Banks of clouds roil about here. An enormous falcon nervously talons the ground, wings mantling. 

Talan Ysav'rai is here. She wields a viola of ebon ravenwood in her left hand. Great Chieftain 

Turnus Mzithrei stands at the ready, his face adorned with colourful warpaint. Mnemosyne is riding 

on Caelan the polar cub. She wields an athame dagger in her left hand and a rose-vine violin in her 

right. Elayde flaps her wings quickly, hovering in the air here. She wields a golden lyre of 

sparkling sunlight in her left hand and a steely falconine escutcheon shield in her right. Shifting 

Current Tisianna Windwhisper is here. Zyphora is here, her feathered wings wrapped around Thyelleia. 

She wields a delicate crystal staff in her right hand. Dys Mzithrei is here. Maerad Windwhisper, 

Student of Temporal Science is here. She wields a plush doll of Volucer in her left hand and a rigid 

flower of precise angles in her right. Emitting a fiery, dawn-cast radiance, a proud knight 

emblazoned with the crest of the White Falcons keeps solemn guard here.

You see a single exit leading north.

Elanorwen gives Dys the once-over, eyeing her suspiciously.

High Scion Zyphora Windwhisper says to Dys, "Turnus and I are happy that you could attend."

Dys Mzithrei says to Zyphora, "Congratulations, I only recently heard."

High Scion Zyphora Windwhisper smiles and says to Dys, "Thank you."

Volucer hums a happy tune.

Speaking in a low growl, Great Chieftain Turnus Mzithrei says, "This is my daughter, she'll behave 

herself, so don't be rude to her either."

Turnus reaches over and ruffles Dys's hair fondly.

Dys Mzithrei grins, a flash of white teeth visible for a moment within the shadows of her hood.

Elanorwen reaches over and ruffles Volucer's hair fondly.

Using his tongue and the roof of his mouth, Volucer makes a quiet clicking noise.

Maerad Windwhisper, Student of Temporal Science shuffles slightly closer to Tisianna and Thyelleia 

as the balcony fills with people.

Talan Ysav'rai says, "Certainly."

Commander Elanorwen Pavok of the Air Force says, "Nor murder her in a horrible fashion, I assume."

Dys Mzithrei says to Zyphora, "If you make Father happy, then I am satisfied."

(The Canvas): Zyphora says, "Turnus's daughter from Gaudiguch is in attendance. I have been assured that she will behave, and she is not an enemy of the Lady Isune."

(The Canvas): Volucer says, "Otherwise I get to feed her to my pigeons."

Shifting Current Tisianna Windwhisper absently wraps one pale wing around Maerad's shoulders as the 

other moves closer to her. Her head tilts subtly to the side as she observes those gathered.

Volucer clears his throat in an attempt to gain everyone's attention.

With a smile, High Scion Zyphora Windwhisper says to Dys, "Thank you for your blessing."

With grave solemnity, Volucer says, "Are all present here who ought to be?"

Speaking in a low growl, Great Chieftain Turnus Mzithrei says, "From my side at least."

High Scion Zyphora Windwhisper smiles and says, "Yes."

A lily-white dove alights upon the balcony, tilting her head at you curiously before her silken 

wings take flight once more.

Volucer chirps in agreement, glancing through a tiny and battered scroll he draws forth from his 

wings.

High Scion Zyphora Windwhisper fans her wings contemplatively, before sweeping them lowly about her 

figure to frame her lithe silhouette.

Shifting Current Thyelleia Windwhisper steps between Maerad and Tisianna, studying the assembled 

people with a curious gaze.

In a solemn tone, Volucer says, "I am told being in love is much like flying through the sky for long periods of time without getting tired or running into a tree."

High Scion Zyphora Windwhisper inclines her head soberly, attending to Volucer's words.

Great Chieftain Turnus Mzithrei grins a little, tilting his head to one side as he listens.

Waving a wing in a grand gesture, Volucer says, "Turnus and Zyphora are here because they have hit 

none of those trees, and they have not gotten tired. They are flying. And because of that, we are 

here today to do a wedding thing."

Maerad hides a grin behind her hand.

Volucer warbles a short melody, and at his beckoning, a pigeon hops in to sit on the balcony, 

cooing its attempt at a love song.

(The Canvas): Arsalil says, "Is something going on?"

(The Canvas): Elanorwen says, "A wedding."

(The Canvas): Volucer says, "I have no idea what I'm doing."

(The Canvas): Zyphora says, "I am being wedded if you'd like to attend. We are within the Lady's temple, at the open-air balcony."

Shifting Current Tisianna Windwhisper emits a low laugh, her hand moving to cover her mouth and 

quell the noise.

As the pigeon's sad attempt continues behind him, Volucer says, "Yes, it is a very sweet affair. And 

those with us must wish to say a few words about how lovely the hatchlings Turnus and Zyphora will 

have."

Volucer looks hopefully at those present, trying not to appear desperate.

Dys Mzithrei says, "I'm sure they'll be splendid, with Father's brains and Zyphora's looks."

Shifting Current Tisianna Windwhisper whispers to Maerad, "We are to have more sisters?"

Volucer beams broadly at Dys.

Maerad nods her head enthusiastically at Tisianna.

High Scion Zyphora Windwhisper laughs softly, glancing at Turnus with amusement.

Gravely, Volucer says, "Yes. Many a hatchling of great feathery beauty and wolfy wiles. Truly, this 

is an auspicious day."

Shifting Current Thyelleia Windwhisper tries to hide behind Maerad, though her wingtips still remain 

visible.

A majestic moose plods in from the north.

Volucer says, "And for this reason, I have decided that I alone cannot preside over this marriage, 

as it is not just Hallifax, but Serenwilde in attendance."

A majestic moose plods in from the north.

A majestic moose lets out a massive belch into the air.

Volucer stares at the moose as it comes and goes.

Talan leaves to the north, emanating an aura of immense power.

Mnemosyne stares implacably about herself.

Dys Mzithrei's hood shifts as she moves her head slightly and you catch a glimpse of a smile within.

Volucer says to Zyphora, "Zyphora. Do you take this man Turnus to be your husbandthing, for better 

and for worse, in rain and in sunny flights?"

High Scion Zyphora Windwhisper smiles and says, "I do."

Volucer turns to the moose expectantly.

Great Chieftain Turnus Mzithrei clears his throat quietly to draw Volucer's attention to him instead 

of the moose.

Arsalil hides a grin behind her hand.

In a loud whisper, Volucer says to Turnus, "Your representative is very uncooperative."

Zyphora looks up into the air for divine inspiration.

Shifting Current Tisianna Windwhisper whispers to Maerad, "We are to have a moose father now."

Shifting Current Tisianna Windwhisper smiles impishly as she glances to her sister.

High Scion Zyphora Windwhisper whispers to Turnus, "You invited the moose?"

A majestic moose stares blankly into space.

Maerad raises her hand to her mouth and titters girlishly.

Great Chieftain Turnus Mzithrei grunts, "Did not invite him."

Volucer says to Turnus, "Well. Okay. Do you wish to marry Zyphora and have long roaming walks 

through the wilderness?"

A majestic moose lowers its head and begins to chew on the feathers of the nearest trill.

Volucer exclaims, "You may now exchange your vows!"

Speaking in a low growl, Great Chieftain Turnus Mzithrei says, "I do."

Turnus peers at a majestic moose unscrupulously.

Volucer says, "Oh right. Turnus is the groom. Ahem."

Volucer picks his head up and looks around, then relaxes slowly again.

Volucer exclaims, "Now you may exchange your vows!"

Speaking in a low growl, Great Chieftain Turnus Mzithrei says, "Firstly, behave moose."

Turnus stares implacably at a majestic moose.

A majestic moose begins to raise a hind leg, then hesitates.

A shooting star flares brightly across the night sky, trailing a series of dizzying sparks in its 

wake.

High Scion Zyphora Windwhisper's gaze flicks between the moose and Turnus alternately, her expression turning into one of concern.

A majestic moose raises its neck and belligerently roars "GRONK!"

Raising his voice, Volucer exclaims, "You may now exchange the vows!"

Caelan the polar cub rolls his eyes dramatically at a majestic moose, nudging him back from the 

tasty trills quickly.

Volucer attempts to hold back the moose with his wing nonchalantly.

A majestic moose paws at the ground and glares.

A majestic moose suddenly lunges forward with a growl and sinks his teeth firmly into Volucer.

Volucer pretends not to notice, though his eyes bug out slightly.

High Scion Zyphora Windwhisper gasps in abject horror.

A majestic moose suddenly lunges forward with a growl and sinks his teeth firmly into Arsalil.

Quietly, Maerad folds her hands and bows her head, a peaceful smile upon her lips.

Speaking in a low growl, Great Chieftain Turnus Mzithrei says, "Okay then."

<Turnus attacks the moose>

A majestic moose leaves to the north in search of better grazing.

Shifting Current Arsalil Zayah whispers, "To moose Be good, or we'll be having moose steaks for our 

wedding meal."

A gentle, feminine voice laces through the aether, "Volucer. You cannot invite a moose to My temple."

Volucer glances askance.

Turnus ceases to wield a mystic cudgel in his left hand.

Volucer says, "You should have told me that earlier."

A loud GRONK reverberates through the temple.

Commander Elanorwen Pavok of the Air Force says, "Oh dear."

Speaking in a low growl, Great Chieftain Turnus Mzithrei says, "Firstly erm, sorry about that."

Volucer says to Turnus, "You should train your moose better."

Motes of gentle, clear light blink into life, gradually coalescing into the form of Isune.

Isune gives a plush doll of Volucer the once-over, eyeing it suspiciously.

Isune looks up into the air for divine inspiration.

Isune, the Aesthete says, "To volucer there are too many of you to keep track of."

Volucer hums innocently to himself.

High Scion Zyphora Windwhisper suppresses a smile, curtseying towards Isune respectfully.

Gazing upon those gathered, Isune, the Aesthete says, "I apologize for the behaviour of My falcon. I 

do try not to invite him to parties."

Volucer glances askance.

Great Chieftain Turnus Mzithrei bows his head respectfully.

Her voice softening, Isune, the Aesthete says to Turnus, "Now. I believe the gentleman had vows he 

wished to share with his bride-to-be?"

Speaking in a low growl, Great Chieftain Turnus Mzithrei says, "Zyphora. There is so much I could 

say to you, and I think much of it you already know. I had never thought when we first met, by 

chance more than anything else, that anything would come of it."

Speaking in a low growl, Great Chieftain Turnus Mzithrei says, "You were so very different from me. 

But the more I have come to know you, the more I realize not just how different but also how similar 

we are."

Speaking in a low growl, Great Chieftain Turnus Mzithrei says, "It still seems like you are 

everything I am not, and In all parts of life, while I living in the mud you are soaring through 

skies. But that is not all, for one of the first times I actually want to be more than that, for you.

I'll always be bound down in the dirt and mud, but thanks to you I can be lifted up to see majesty 

from above, with you at my side."

Isune smiles softly.

High Scion Zyphora Windwhisper gently clasps Turnus's hands in her own, her lips upturned in a smile 

and her eyes soft with emotion.

Speaking in a low growl, Great Chieftain Turnus Mzithrei says, "I swear to love, honour, and cherish 

you. To be there for you when you need me. To be your blade when you need it."

Maerad smiles softly at Turnus.

Speaking in a low growl, Great Chieftain Turnus Mzithrei says, "Let my actions always be a stronger 

vow than any words. And as you will be mine, so am I yours."

Shifting Current Tisianna Windwhisper tilts her head subtly to the side once more as she watches 

Turnus.

Nodding in approval, Isune, the Aesthete says, "And you, Zyphora? Have you a vow to share with this 

man, who has so pledged his love to you?"

High Scion Zyphora Windwhisper inclines her head humbly, facing Turnus with a gentle smile.

Her voice quiet but clear, High Scion Zyphora Windwhisper says, "Turnus, you bring a beautiful dawn 

into my life -- one heralding true happiness, new knowledge, loyal companionship, and love. Your 

kindness and your patience with me have been boundless, and I will strive to show the same to you in 

equal measure."

With a resolute air, High Scion Zyphora Windwhisper says, "I will protect and cultivate that sunlit 

sky which you have given me, with all my strength, just as you protect me with all your strength. 

You are to me as the calyx for the flower, the shelter for the weary traveller, Andeystelis for the 

Sky Citadel."

Volucer lays his ears back and relaxes, his eyes lidding halfway.

With tenderness, High Scion Zyphora Windwhisper says, "And in return, I shall tend to you, I shall 

protect you from what ill rains might come, I shall shower and encompass you in beauty, compassion, 

and love."

Isune nudges Volucer suggestively.

Using his tongue and the roof of his mouth, Volucer makes a quiet clicking noise.

Isune, the Aesthete whispers, "This is where you wed them."

Comprehension flashes across Volucer's face.

Grandly, Volucer exclaims, "By the power vested in me by the Goddess Isune, I now name you man and 

birdwife!"

<clapping>

The pigeon on the balcony begins to sing once more, but suddenly topples over in a gust of wind and 

takes flight in embarrassment.

Commander Elanorwen Pavok of the Air Force says to Zyphora, "Congratulations."

High Scion Zyphora Windwhisper's expression relaxes into a relieved and happy smile as she embraces 

Turnus in the circle of her gold-edged wings.

Amused, Isune, the Aesthete says, "Well done, Volucer. You managed to not destroy absolutely 

everything."

Volucer says to Isune, "You worry too much."

High Scion Zyphora Windwhisper says to Isune, "I do apologise, my Lady. It was my idea. I was 

underestimating the ruckus that would ensue."

A faint GRONK echoes out from somewhere in the depths of the temple.

Maerad Windwhisper, Student of Temporal Science smiles broadly, her eyes bright and slightly glassy.

Isune, the Aesthete smiles and says, "Congratulations, Zyphora and Turnus. May you have a happy life 

together."

Isune gives a trillingly melodic laugh.

Speaking in a low growl, Great Chieftain Turnus Windwhisper says, "Thank you."

High Scion Zyphora Windwhisper peers northward with suspicion.

Isune, the Aesthete smiles impishly and says, "If you will excuse Me, I have to exterminate a moose 

problem."

Zyphora leans into Turnus and kisses him long and tenderly.

Isune, the Aesthete says, "Volucer, you've created enough ruckus today. Let Us depart before any 

more...shenanigans ensue."

High Scion Zyphora Windwhisper laughingly says, "Thank you, Volucer."

Gazing at those gathered once more, Isune, the Aesthete says, "And indeed, I do offer My sincerest 

congratulations."

Softly, Elayde Pavok says, "Congratulations, Turnus and Zyphora."

Volucer says, "Aw shucks."

Volucer blushes furiously.

Isune's form shatters into a flock of colourful birds, their tiny forms tracing circles in the air 

before soaring away.

Volucer suddenly shouts, "POOF!" and waits as if expecting something.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.

Comments

• TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Meep, posted in the wrong section. Could a mod move to the appropriate place?

• TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Hey, I posted the log as requested!

Posting in the right section wasn't part of the job description. HMPH!

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Loved the moose. One day I will actually rp a proper wedding! What fun!

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I nearly spat out my tea laughing at this, that looked like a brilliant event. Grats to you guys :D

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!