m&m system & questions thread

Comments

• I am trying to create an AI offense was wondering what is used in the system to track enemy afflictions or if I need to code that? Like an example... mm.enemyaffs.paralized or whatever.

Thanks
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I don't think anything is used to track enemy afflictions, because it's pretty darn hard to track afflictions like that in Lusternia. Many cure methods give no third person message, and those that do still cure random afflictions from their list (with some exceptions).
  • edited March 2014
    Ok, so for some reason my QQ trigger just isn't working; I've thrown all sorts of debug echos into it and what I've determined is the m&m QQ trigger simply isn't firing. I went into the Errors panel and found this: 

[ERROR:] object:<QQ> function:<Trigger1138>
             <m&m:13522: attempt to index global 'ndb' (a nil value)>

So how can I fix this? Everything else seems to work okay so far.

Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Do you have GMCP enabled?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Did you install every xml, not just the one that says import me? ndb is the samespace for NameDB, the name highlighter module that comes bundled with m&m. It seems that this is somehow nil, which makes me think you might not have it at all. Which does surprise me because it is like the best thing ever and if that is the case you are seriously missing out.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Huh, I'm fairly certain I did install everything! I've been experiencing a lot of problems, though, so I've been uninstalling and reinstalling things, which may have created more problems. What I'm doing now is just completely uninstalling Mudlet and rebuilding from the ground up. We'll see if that helps.
  • Wait wait, you install the zip, not the xmls invidiually.
  • So just did an update that came through and now it won't install at all...
  • Halse said:
    So just did an update that came through and now it won't install at all...
    I had that for the last update. I uninstalled everything from the package manager and then manually downloaded the latest version and installed it. That resolved it quite nicely.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • How do you manually download?
  • When you bought the system, you should have received an email with the download link. If you no longer have that, I'd contact Vadi and he can tell you what it is.
  • Still won't load...hmm
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    You loaded the entire package via zip file, yeah?  Not unzipping it or anything?
  • When I go to toolbox > package manager > install > select the file...all it does is say unpackaging and then stops...
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited March 2014
    Odd...try it with a new profile?  If that doesn't work, I'd back up your current profile(s), uninstall and reinstall mudlet, then try again.
  • Works on new profile
  • Out of curiosity, I recently learned Stratagem in Combat, and turned on the option for m&m to use them. I haven't immediately noticed any changes; how does m&m use stratagems,  if the option is enabled?
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Hi! I'm trying to add my target before the custom prompt. Here's what I currently have:

I added this to my targetting alias:
    -- define a custom tag that displays the value of a variable, 'target'
    mm.adddefinition("@target", "target")
    so, my alias currently has this:

target = string.title(matches[2])

cecho("\n\n\n<yellow:black> TARGET: " .. target.. " \n\n\n")

resettraxxer()

mm.adddefinition("@target", "target")

Here's my current prompt: 

[@target] ^r@health|^1@%health%, ^c@mana|^2@%mana%, ^g@ego|^3@%ego% 

But it currently returns:  

[nil] 4810|100%, 6300|100%, 7200|109%   

even after declaring a target. 

I'm not terribly bright when it comes to coding, so help, please! :)

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Line doesn't belong in your target alias, it should be in a trigger that fires on login or in a script that runs when the client starts. It only needs to be set once, but it does need to be set each time the client restarts as they are not saved like actual configuration options. 
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Thanks!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Ileein said:
    Out of curiosity, I recently learned Stratagem in Combat, and turned on the option for m&m to use them. I haven't immediately noticed any changes; how does m&m use stratagems,  if the option is enabled?
    Just for the do system - doesn't use it much otherwise, haven't thought of a good way to make it all work, 
  • Can someone point out what I am doing wrong here? It just tries to discern regardless.

function mycrap.discern(whom)

if not mm.bals.balance or mm.bals.equilibrium then mm.dofirst(send("discern ".. whom)) return end

send("discern ".. whom)

end

• I think you forgot an else in there. Not 100% sure, but slot it before your second send and give it another try.

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Think you're missing another 'not'. So:

if not mm.bals.balance or not mm.bals.equilibrium then..

• edited April 2014
    @gregori

if not mm.bals.balance or mm.bals.equilibrium 
    should be
    if not ( mm.bals.balance and mm.bals.equilibrium )
    or 
    if not mm.bals.balance or not mm.bals.equilibrium 
  • So, one thing I wouldn't mind being able to see is an echo for essence changes, like the existing ones for health/mana/ego changes. Is that something I could add relatively easily on top of the existing framework?
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    gmcp.Char.Vitals.essence is a variable that will give you your current essence as a string. You can set a variable to this, as a number. So like, myessence = tonumber(gmcp.Char.Vitals.essence)

Then what you do is, you keep track of what would give you essence. Influencing completing, killing something. Put them all under the same trigger. When it occurs... you have to call it as an echo somehow to be on the same line as the prompt using the existing framework that I don't know of. But the number you want would be gotten like so:

cecho(tonumber(gmcp.Char.Vitals.essence) - myessence)
    myessence = tonumber(gmcp.Char.Vitals.essence)

Far from perfect advice, but I hope it helps, @Ileein
  • Recently got m&m and am having problems putting my defenses up. I have used mmshow defup to set up my defenses and this happens:

mmdefs basic
    (abjure deathsight)
    You touch the cosmos and allow your eyes to pierce through the veil of death.
    5880h, 6400m, 7200e, 10p, 21900en, 24885w Blrx-
    (abjure timeslip)
    You must regain equilibrium first.

(abjure timeslip)

(abjure timeslip)

(abjure timeslip)
    You have recovered equilibrium.
    5880h, 6480m, 7200e, 10p, 21900en, 24885w Belrx-

Touching upon cosmic probabilities, you weave a net of safety around yourself.
    5880h, 6130m, 7200e, 10p, 21900en, 24838w Blrx-
    (abjure nimbus)

(abjure nimbus)

(abjure nimbus)
    5880h, 6130m, 7200e, 10p, 21900en, 24844w Blrx-

(abjure nimbus)

(abjure nimbus)

(abjure nimbus)

5880h, 6130m, 7200e, 10p, 21900en, 24844w Belrx-

(abjure nimbus)
    Drawing cosmic dust into a sphere, you slowly let it expand into a nimbus of glittering motes.
    5880h, 6050m, 7200e, 10p, 21900en, 24829w Blrx-

(m&m): Ready for combat! (basic defences mode, took 7.0s)

Just set to a few of the cosmic defences there to provide an example.
    This becomes a real problem if I add kafe to the defences to be set up.
    I have stripped all of my defs as well (except nimbus, which won't go away) so that having them up already does not interfere.
    Before starting this, I have also ensured that I only have 10 kafe in my rift.

mmdefs basic
    (eat kafe|outr kafe|abjure deathsight)
    What do you want to eat?
    5880h, 6480m, 7200e, 10p, 21900en, 24900w Belrx-

You remove 1 kafe, bringing the total in the rift to 9.
    5880h, 6480m, 7200e, 10p, 21900en, 24900w Belrx-

You touch the cosmos and allow your eyes to pierce through the veil of death.
    (abjure timeslip)

(eat kafe|outr kafe)
    You eat a kafe bean.
    An instant feeling of excitement and edginess overcomes you.
    5880h, 6400m, 7200e, 10p, 21900en, 24885w Blrxk-

You remove 1 kafe, bringing the total in the rift to 8.

(abjure timeslip)

(abjure timeslip)
    5880h, 6400m, 7200e, 10p, 21900en, 24891w Blrxk-

5880h, 6400m, 7200e, 10p, 21900en, 24891w Belrxk-

(abjure timeslip)
    You may eat or smoke another herb.
    5880h, 6480m, 7200e, 10p, 21900en, 24891w Belrxk-
    (eat kafe|outr kafe)
    Touching upon cosmic probabilities, you weave a net of safety around yourself.
    5880h, 6130m, 7200e, 10p, 21900en, 24844w Blrxk-

You eat a kafe bean.

(m&m): Ready for combat! (basic defences mode, took 3.2s)

You remove 1 kafe, bringing the total in the rift to 7.

You may eat or smoke another herb.

5880h, 6130m, 7200e, 10p, 21900en, 24850w Belrxk-

If I try this with more defs, it continues eating kafe until they are all finished - it also continues to try it if I run out of kafe while it is still doing the other defs.

Does anyone here have any idea what is going on here/how to fix it?
    I do have GMCP enabled and have tried reinstalling both m&m and mudlet already.