A Predator Burns

Malarious tells you, "I am more than willing to admit my actions could be less than in the spirit of the Forest's will."

Malarious tells you, "I wish to atone, my actions were not meant poorly, but what I did and how the Forest may view them are not the same."

You beckon to Malarious.

Malarious begins to follow you.

You draw on 500 of your Cult's essence.
Focusing your thoughts, you conjure the image of the altar of the Oathkeeper in your mind's eye, and the air around you begins to thrum with power, silencing all other sound.

Amidst the chaos.
The shadowy outline of a twisted forest casts a dark gloom here. A constant stream of spirits from the looming mountain above ensures that the supply of prey to test Shikari's leopards never runs dry. Trapped in this never-ending conflict, the spirits fight back desperately hoping to one day best their attackers and be freed from the grasp of the Predator. A gloomy fog casts itself over this grassland, constantly shifting as spirits surge through it in their attempts to escape. The tenebrous clouds swirl violently in the sky, the lightning still flickering about forebodingly. A circle of pale, gleaming bones stands resolutely amidst the swirling chaos.
You see exits leading north, east, south, and west.

You say to Malarious, "This will be a start- a first step on the road to purging yourself. I doubt that it will be enough on its own to atone, a single death means little."

*Walking to the Pillar of Flame*

In the centre of the conflagration.
The distinct aroma of charred flesh fills the immediate vicinity, originating from the partial deer carcass sprawled in the centre of this small clearing. Much of the skin has burned away, exposing all that remains of the blackened muscles and bones. Standing along the perimeter of the clearing are towering trees, their trunks blackened and their limbs devoid of foliage as fire surges and roars about their crooked forms. Pain and grief are carved into each tree, crude eyes screwed shut and jagged mouths hanging open to shriek and sob. Towering over the surrounding forest, a pillar of flame rages here. There are 2 hulking firebreath boars here.
You see exits leading south and west.

You say, "But here, in the heart of His woods... it can begin."

Dread Reaper Malarious Nightshade, The Tenebrous Wrath says, "I dont remember a pillar of flame."

You say, "This pillar was built to burn Traitors. Its success... was rather less than hoped."

Dread Reaper Malarious Nightshade, The Tenebrous Wrath says, "It need not be traitors, I would consider it a cleansing flame."

Dread Reaper Malarious Nightshade, The Tenebrous Wrath says, "I was unsure of steps to be taken, so I thought you would be the person to ask."

Dread Reaper Malarious Nightshade, The Tenebrous Wrath says, "Even if my actions are cleared or not the issue. It cannot hurt to cleanse thyself in the eyes of the Commune."

You say to Malarious, "I believe that your actions are a part of the whole- but they are by no means all of it. I am greatly heartened to see you approach me, but in truth, I do not know exactly what depths we will need to go to succeed."
The heat emanating from a towering pillar of flame intensifies as its fire brightens. Its ceaseless crackling builds into a furious roar as its searing tongues lash out violently.

You say to Malarious, "I planned to slay you, and then place your corpse in the pillar. As a member of His Pack, the flame will have no effect on your body normally."

Dread Reaper Malarious Nightshade, The Tenebrous Wrath says, "I meant what I said, I live for the Wyrd, I walk in its service. It is only fair if I can help that I do so, it is harder to put aside my pride than my life, and I will do both this day."

A spirit flickers into perception nearby, its hazy form barely distinguishable from the flames as it writhes against its tree trunk.

Malarious kneels onto one knee, demonstrating his humility and respect.

With a heavy overhand stroke, you slam a ravenous crow-beaked bardiche down upon Malarious. You smite Malarious's skull and crack it open, splattering his brains in a bloody spray of gore. There is no surviving such a blow.
You have slain Malarious.
Having been too much for the mortal threads of Malarious, he screams in agony as flames engulf his body and burn it to a crisp.

In the centre of the conflagration.
The distinct aroma of charred flesh fills the immediate vicinity, originating from the partial deer carcass sprawled in the centre of this small clearing. Much of the skin has burned away, exposing all that remains of the blackened muscles and bones. Standing along the perimeter of the clearing are towering trees, their trunks blackened and their limbs devoid of foliage as fire surges and roars about their crooked forms. Pain and grief are carved into each tree, crude eyes screwed shut and jagged mouths hanging open to shriek and sob. Towering over the surrounding forest, a pillar of flame rages here. A leopard lurks in the shadows, curiously watching anything that moves. There are 3 hulking firebreath boars here. The twisted remains of Malarious lie here. The inner worm of Malarious Nightshade roams the land, bodiless.
You see exits leading south and west.

You scoop up the corpse of Malarious.

Xenthos shoves the corpse into the pillar of flame, watching as the body begins to melt in the fire.

Xenthos waits until naught is left but the skeletal remains, blackening until they begin to flake away to nothing, leaving only the inner worm behind wreathed in flame.

As the flames burn into the worm, you say, "Malarious... for your deeds, there is no mercy. You have paid with your life. You are paying with your very being. Your bond to Him is frayed."

You bless Malarious and appoint him to the rank of a Fatal Strike. (OOC note: This is actually a demotion)

You say, "But you have realized your failure, and you seek to be reforged once more into a tool of the Wyrd and a predator of the Pack."

You say, "Towards that end- be whole once more."

You use 35,000 of your divine essence.
Drawing upon the Domotheos of Life, you inhale deeply its warm, healing powers. Opening your eyes, you exhale, breathing its pure energies into the soul of Malarious. As the energy envelops him, it forms a new body about his soul.
[ACHIEVEMENT]: You have completed the 'Spirit Of The Hamadhi' Achievement! You have earned 100% Experience Bonus for 24 Hours.

You say, "Stride forward from this point. Remember that you have sinned. Remember the price of broken oaths."

You say, "Be true to the Pack, and to the Glomdoring- and rend its foes, not your allies."

Fire blossoms overhead, surging across the crimson sky as a renewed chorus of wails join the song.

Dread Reaper Malarious Nightshade, The Tenebrous Wrath says, "I will walk as one of the Pack once more, but I walk with them, not simply among them."

You have emoted: Xenthos nods, his expression grave.

You say, "Kill well, Malarious."

Dread Reaper Malarious Nightshade, The Tenebrous Wrath says, "You as well Brother."

Comments

• Part of me wishes to yell "YAY DADDY".. the other part is wincing in sheer owieness.

But that was oh so wonderful to read.

Avatar by the most wondrous Feyrll
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I am awed with those rooms, Xenthos. Perfect timing with the achievement, too! More Pack stuff!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback