Is Sketching broken, or am I not doing it right?

edited December 2012 in Q&A
I've been trying to sketch Liwase for about 30 minutes now because I have no life, and I'm.. Well... Failing miserably. These are the different commands I've tried and the results I've gotten from them. I wasn't sure where else to post my question, so I'm sorry if I posted it in the wrong spot =(

sketch liwase
Ahh, I am truly sorry, but I do not see anyone by that name here.

sketch Liwase
You detect nothing here by that name.

sketch Liwase An ordinary human and has soft skin that has been lightly tanned by many days spent under the sun. She
is about five foot ten inches with a lithe figure that consists of a washboard stomach continuing down to long flowing legs. Her muscles have been well defined
by many years of practice with weapons. Golden locks fall straight in long strands down the girl's back and over her shoulders, very often being tucked behind
her ears. Some days even braids were put into her hair, but more often the not it was straight and combed. Sky blue eyes contrast with her hair that reached
down to the small of her back. Various knicks and scars can be seen marring the exposed parts of skin except for her unmarked face. Soft red lips often curve
into a jovial smile as a single over-sized canine fang peeks about half an inch or so down on the right, showing above her bottom lip and her small breasts are
hidden by thick robes or layers of clothing which lead down to a proportionate waist-line. A swirling tattoo can be found on the top of her left hand inked in
white and black. 
I do not recognize anything called that here.

sketch
Nothing can be seen here by that name.

I'm probably an idiot and missing something obvious, but please help? D= I blame my blonde hair. And yes, I have sketching in Arts.

Arts                  Adept          Finearts

You have gained the following abilities in Fine Arts:
Papercraft          Create paper from wood commodities.
YellowTint          Mix a bright yellow tincture from herbs.
Woodcraft           Carve basic wooden objects for everyday use.
Ironcraft           Some basic iron working to create shovels and buckets.
RedTint             Mix a crimson red tincture from herbs.
Runestones          Carve blank runestones from marble.
Glasswork           Fashion beautiful glasswork from gemstones.
Palette             Mix a palette of bright tinctures for your paintings.
Sketching           Create quick sketches of your subject for later use.
Canvas              Create a canvas suitable for painting.
See AB ARTS <ability> for more information on an ability.

Plz halp meh Dx<

Best Answer

Answers

• Then shouldn't paint and sketch be gained at the same time? Or Portait first and -then- Sketch? It seems a bit confusing to me =(
    I just came here from Aetolia, so I'm having to learn a whole new MUD system. Sorry if I'm frustrating any one =(
  • the next skill is landscapes which works with sketches

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Portrait is actually a bit far in.
  • Then shouldn't it be learned in this order:
    Portaits
    Sketching
    Landscaping
    ?

That's pretty much just telling people 'Hey, if you want to use this skill, you have to learn everything else first' D=
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Arts is one of two skills I don't have trans'd (three if you count trade), and it's the lowest of the two (or three), for a reason!