UK meet!

Comments

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Give him a bearhug for me :D
  • Can't make it that weekend. Sorry, pop pop in town to visit.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • edited March 2014
    I can't plan that far ahead, sorry. I'm in London though so if I can, I'll watch the thread. Anyway, I think it will destroy the illusion of Haezon if you guys actually meet me. :>
    Retired.
  • How exciting! Destroying illusions is what this is about!

So, an update on the rapidly-moving plan. 

We're looking at booking an apartment a little out of London, accessible by train. There are five mostly-confirmed people, and the apartment accommodates six (though I expect a few locals will crash with us). It is an AWESOME venue: spa, sauna, massage chairs, games room, wi-fi, American Diner, outside terrace, etc etc... Even if you don't stay with us, I expect Sunday/Friday to be a 'mostly spend time together in our little exclusive resort' type day, so everyone is welcome!

We aim to arrive Friday, settle in. Saturday day tripping in London. Sunday relaxing / watching Chade kill himself running. Monday most will depart. Potentially we can extend the stay either side of these dates if there's a big push for it.

So far it's: Anita, Rialorm, Aerdiya, Morkarion, Chade, Tacita and myself. A few others have indicated their interest in coming for a day or overnight -- let me know if that's the case. We'd love to meet you ALL! Sure, we might be mostly Gloms, but we're pretty much snugglies IRL. 

:D
  • The flight is booked :D
    London, here I come!
  • I will be there Friday to Monday now ^-^, the time is booked off work, and I have planned how to get from my house to Dublin and then from Stansted to Chingford and back. WHEW. I just have to pay for everything when I get paid from work in a couple of days! BUT I WILL BE THERE. SO EXCITED.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    I will be sleeping on the couch and/or floor because getting back home from there is a pain for me :)
  • edited March 2014
    Those of you leaving Monday, what times will you depart? I will book Eurostar tonight, just want to somewhat align myself with the rest. 

Edit: Also, arrival times on Friday?
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • edited March 2014
    Rialorm said:
    Those of you leaving Monday, what times will you depart? I will book Eurostar tonight, just want to somewhat align myself with the rest. 

Edit: Also, arrival times on Friday?

I'll arrive at 2.40pm at Heathrow and will depart from there on Monday at 3.30pm. Since that's totally opposite of Chingford (and I am prone to getting lost), I guess, I'll be at Chingford Station at around 3.20pm. But I'll try to reactivate my old UK SIM so I can call if I get lost :)
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    40 minutes to go from one side of London to the other? That's optimistic.

Those who are coming, if you think you're at risk of getting lost in London and need my phone number PM me.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I will speedwalk :D

I just don't hope that I get onto the wrong bus, train, whatever. Once, I fell asleep on a bus in the evening and woke up when it was driving to the bus depot and already past Tottenham Hale. So the bus driver let me out in the middle of nowhere and I spent about an hour hiking back to Tottenham. I was probably quite near, but got utterly lost..
  • Flights are booked guys! I am arriving at Stansted @ 12:50pm on the Friday (will then have to travel to the place) and leaving around 2:30/3ish on the Monday since my flight is at 5:10pm on the Monday. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. SO EXCITING.
  • edited March 2014
    Eurostar booked. Arriving Friday at 16:03 and departing Monday at 15:04, so be at the Eurostar terminal about an hour beforehand. Perfect :)(and super thrilled I got this at the cheapest rates available)
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • I'm half wondering if I should just take the monday off work and try and run up to meet you guys before you disappear back to whereever...
    Please note: I deliberately play a very flawed character. Just because he says or does something, does not mean I agree with it. He's a bit of a <censored> really
    Not sure what time we need to vacate the place on Monday but we could always meet for lunch that day before people disperse. How would that work for people?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I have to be at Heathrow at 2.30 pm and don't know how long I will take to get there. But I'd like to still have lunch with you guys. So it depends on when lunchtime is. 
  • edited March 2014
    Lunch around 12, or maybe earlier to be safe? 
    Likely pre 12. I'm away from home atm so I'll coordinate this better when I'm home later this weekend.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I'm jelly of Glomfest 2014, not gonna lie.  Oh, if I had the spare cash for a flight to the UK, think my wife would love me forever (she loves Wales and Ireland).
  • I messaged @Svorai ages ago but she must have missed it - I'm in town working on the day (near Camden, if your wanderings are taking you in that direction), so I wouldn't mind dropping in for a pint at least.

It's been ages since I used the Tube, but I think a day Travelcard is about £15 for zones 1-6 (that covers most of town), cheaper if you're a student or whatever. Pretty sure there's a group ticket option too that works out quite well.
  • So you did @Khydan! I'm so sorry!

Please please drop in :) We will solidify plans for Saturday on Friday evening and post them here.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Weather permitting we may be plonking ourselves in a park for the afternoon to picnic and be merry.
  • Sounds fun. If I could have made it down from Scotland, I would have. Maybe next time for me!
  • So jealous! You guys picked the exact one weekend when I'm unavoidably busy. I might be stopping by London sometime in the summer though, should know in June. I'll bug you all when I know more.