Forum Banners are here!

Comments

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    edited March 2014

Oh there we go. Worked eventually.
  • edited March 2014
    Sorry for the double post. Somehow hit the wrong button <.< I only wanted to edit. But yay! It works :)
  • edited March 2014

Aha, got it to work.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Alary said:
    No matter what I try I cannot get it to work. Either the forums themselves automatically delete it, or it links wrong like now.
    When I look at the source, every time I do it it does the same thing as yours (the forums add additional HTML tags to it, rendering it useless).
  • So how do I fix it? D:
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • Alary, paste in the code as text.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11

Oh hey! This one has the right kills/deaths on! ;)
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I need mine fixed as well, @Estarra, there's not enough room in my signature area for all the banners.

/duck
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited March 2014
    image image image

Hah, success. Will these puppies ever show any other bits of information, or be customizable in any way? 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I've noticed a lot of combatants have crap kill/death stats, while relative non-coms or new/casual combatants suddenly have god like kill totals.

April Fools?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited March 2014
    Fixed it, derp.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
    Alary said:
    @Estarra I did paste as text. I pasted every which way. When I straight paste as text and click save, it just deletes it straight up.
    I got it.

Press the "Show Source" button and then copy/paste it in.  Once you save, it puts up the image.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Alary said:
    No matter what I try I cannot get it to work. Either the forums themselves automatically delete it, or it links wrong like now.
    It's right there!
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    So I think the banners are right, it's going off K/D RANKINGS, not K/D numbers,

so like I'm ranked #2 for kills and #5 for deaths

moral of the story, I die too much

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin is correct, the numbers being used currently are rankings instead of raw KD counts. I'm double checking with Estarra if this is what it should be, if not I'll be updating the code for it. If I do change it, it'll take time for the banner cache to clear out, but it shouldn't be terribly long before the right numbers pop up.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
    Ieptix said:
    Synkarin is correct, the numbers being used currently are rankings instead of raw KD counts. I'm double checking with Estarra if this is what it should be, if not I'll be updating the code for it. If I do change it, it'll take time for the banner cache to clear out, but it shouldn't be terribly long before the right numbers pop up.
    Ranking is (to me) far better than actual raw numbers.  There was some griefing specifically to see the raw numbers rise when they were publicly accessible.
    Eritheyl said:
    I'll changeling to kephera and get someone to make me undead, that should do it. Though I'm...off the page as-is, cough cough.

Also, the icon is customizable on the Lusternia website itself.
    Where do you set the icon?  I'm not seeing it on the website.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Which line of code are we supposed to use? One of the top three, or the BBcode?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:
    Which line of code are we supposed to use? One of the top three, or the BBcode?
    Use the top one, and use the "show source" button before pasting it.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Xenthos said:
    Ieptix said:
    Synkarin is correct, the numbers being used currently are rankings instead of raw KD counts. I'm double checking with Estarra if this is what it should be, if not I'll be updating the code for it. If I do change it, it'll take time for the banner cache to clear out, but it shouldn't be terribly long before the right numbers pop up.
    Ranking is (to me) far better than actual raw numbers.  There was some griefing specifically to see the raw numbers rise when they were publicly accessible.
    That was the source of my objection to K/D on banners.
  • edited April 2014

Eh, well, all I can say is I am improving lately.

Swapping my name for other people's is interesting to see who the top 5-10 are.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Sidd has been busy looking into the 1-5 rankings for deaths.

So far he's found:
    1) Kelly.
    2) Inagin.
    3) ???
    4) Malarious.
    5) Sidd.
    edited April 2014
    We found third, it's Sondayga.

Edited: Because confused brains work poorly without caffeine.

Morkarion said:
    We found third, it's Enyalida.
    Nope, it's Sondayga.
    edited April 2014
    I meant Sondayga, all those Serens look the same to me...

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I AM THE FIFTH WINNER. Even after a year of dormancy. My GRIEFING transcends time
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Killing newbies goes a long way.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Bwahaha yesss, this is my legacy.