why is the Aetherplex peaced?

2»

Comments

• edited March 2014
    I've wanted it unpeaced for a long time. I remember duels and other shenanigans happening at the plex.

But they won't change it back. We've had this discussion several times since it was peaced.

A nice compromise would be a peaced room built off the plex specifically as a trade room or something like that. Perhaps have a stationary ledger for the villages in there or something.

Edit: for the villages your org currently has control over.

I can dream.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    That could work, but I'd have it not let you in if you can't be masochistic and/or have a NEWS-esque entering timer.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Makodi said:
    because the divines know I need a safe place to escape from the 3,000 @shaddus alts when I tick them off
    You've only ticked off four of them.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Disagree. I have the combat abilities of a fluffy rabbit really. Keep the aetherplex peaced. The last thing I want is to be jumped by @Morkarion (because he's having a bad day and I'm carrying essence) while on a shopping trip with one of my  novices. 

@aaron if you want to fight, simply step outside the aetherplex. Problem solved.
    is dead like the dodo
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Xeria said:
    Disagree. I have the combat abilities of a fluffy rabbit really. Keep the aetherplex peaced. The last thing I want is to be jumped by @Morkarion (because he's having a bad day and I'm carrying essence) while on a shopping trip with one of my  novices. 

@aaron if you want to fight, simply step outside the aetherplex. Problem solved.

So...put the essence in the Tree before you go shopping?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Xeria said:
    Disagree. I have the combat abilities of a fluffy rabbit really. Keep the aetherplex peaced. The last thing I want is to be jumped by @Morkarion (because he's having a bad day and I'm carrying essence) while on a shopping trip with one of my  novices. 

How is that any different from... being in Serenwilde on the way to the portals room, or taking said novice bashing? It's really not a relevant argument.

Fights outside of the aetherplex assume that both parties are willing to fight, and not just instantly tumble back into the aetherplex.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Well, to play devil's advocate - aren't there already enough unpeaced areas to jump people in? Ones when they're not likely comparing the prices of all the different shoes in the basin? You all make it sound like a peaced aetherplex is preventing you from killing anyone anywhere. If you need to wait until they're distracted shopping or stepping into a manse, well. Work on those epeens.

As a disclaimer, I don't really care either way. I'd love to kill some of the pets sitting there since I started playing (And whoever is leaving all the poteen animals in the havens, I hate you), and sure, maybe a plex hooker from time to time. But I don't think it hurts the game to have it peaced. I think it's nice that new/little people can shop and look for the best deal instead of diving into the first shop they find in case someone feels like being a jerk and attacks them for lurking.

• Unpeace it!!! and remove Avenger from prime while you are at it!!!! It will make the game a lot more interesting ;)

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Leolamins said:
    Unpeace it!!! and remove Avenger from prime while you are at it!!!! It will make the game a lot more interesting ;)
    This is what is known as tongue in cheek, people.

• Or better yet, get rid of avenger on prime, and put him literally EVERYWHERE else. :D
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Celina said:
    The only people who benefit from a peaced aetherplex are people who have done something questionable that has lead to them being perpetual gank victims in the first place. It's basically turned into the safety zone for people who aren't allowed at any of the nexii.
    I hang out there sometimes because it's a gathering spot. The only Nexus I can't drop in on is Halli's
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Lavinya said:
    As a disclaimer, I don't really care either way. I'd love to kill some of the pets sitting there since I started playing (And whoever is leaving all the poteen animals in the havens, I hate you)
    To be fair, peaced rooms should only prevent PK, not PvE bashing, it'd certainly cut down on the amount of attention seeking issues.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I have a sneaking suspicion that Yokai is about as easy to kill as Milla, but I agree with Karlach otherwise

• Peace-ing stops other things besides killing. It got old dealing with wadding though melds and such. Griefing isn't only killing.

There are a near unlimited numbers of ways loiterers could be dealt with in a MUD.