Chancellor price policy checking.

EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
Is there a command or trick I'm missing that allows the Chancellory to check the pricing policies of shops in their purview? Is there also a way for the Chancellor to get into locked storerooms?

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    A chancellor can get into a locked stockroom by transferring the shop in question to themselves, changing the keys, and then walking in.  That's the only way, though (it leaves a record of the action in the logs).
  • Xenthos said:
    A chancellor can get into a locked stockroom by transferring the shop in question to themselves, changing the keys, and then walking in.  That's the only way, though (it leaves a record of the action in the logs).
    don't have to change the key, just request a new one which I think is what you meant otherwise it is change lock and get new key which is a bit more expensive. But ya, @Xenthos is pretty much right as far as I know, only way you can check anything is actually getting in there and having privileges - and anything you do will show up on the city logs when it comes to your position as Chancellor.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Showing on the logs is fine, but wouldn't changing the owner also reset signs and logs? That seems like a really poor method of checking price policies, something that is ostensibly most of the chancellor's job.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Why not just make it organizational policy for shopkeepers to give the chancellor a key and shop privs?  Given that a chancellor can just take them at will, it is not really a security risk; the chancellor should be a highly trusted individual given the amount of power they have to cause harm.

Sure, there could be a coding change to let chancellors see price policies without having to go into the shop.  Lacking that, however, there are steps that players can take which are not very disruptive.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    We actually tend to appoint ministers based on availability, not on perceived trustworthiness, unless there are drastic issues.

We have three open positions (two posted open) and got literally a single application over 2-3 weeks, from a CR2, no-guild-position character with no notable (public) acts. Eventually, we rounded up someone to take the other position too, but it was a close thing!

I guess I'll IDEA having a PORTAL PERMISSIONS esque command for the Chancellor, and see what comes of that.