How do I reduce warrior wounds received?

Can someone remind me what all I can do to reduce the amount of deepwounds received from warrior attacks?

Best Answer

Answers

• Sure. Anything else, other than shopping around for better robes?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Phudmog said:
    Sure. Anything else, other than shopping around for better robes?
    Armour is the only way.

Note, however, that shields add armour as well; and can significantly reduce wounding on the side of the body that you are wielding the shield on.

Artifact shields are also much, much stronger than any other shield (and you can also put a rune of gripping on the thing to ensure that you can't be forced to unwield it, which disables both shieldparry and the wound-resistance).
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Also, this may seem somewhat obvious, but if you aren't getting hit or are otherwise slowing them down - you're reducing the wounding. So things like proper use of stance/parry (from the combat skill) or rebounding which can slow them down (if they raze/cleave) or afflicting in ways to keep them from attacking as fast.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • Thanks guys.  I've got a shield (saving up for that rune, hehe), but here's a follow-up.  Is it better to use a greatshield (and in weaponprobe, I'll see: "It is not being used to its maximum potential."), or to go for a kiteshield?  Sometimes, the reduced stats on the greatshield are still better than the kiteshield.

@turnus: The genesis of the question was from a single assault getting a tendon, but those other ways to reduce wounding through hindering and stance/rebound/parry are appreciated.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

Greatrobes, and to a greater extent Splendours, will reduce it the most. A monk with full tattoos will reduce it even more, and plate will reduce it the most.

Resilience will reduce wounding recieved a bit further.

A shield will reduce it greatly on the arm you wield the shield in, and have a smaller reduction on head, chest, and gut, and no reduction on legs and the opposite arm.

Parry sometimes causes a reduction in wounds when they hit the parried limb, but also has a chance to fail entirely or eliminate wounds recieved entirely.

There's a skill in

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Purely for surviving assaults, you want to up your damage protection, resilience and greatrobes/splendours is the biggest way, get tattoos against cutting and blunt. Resilience is also useful at shrugging off the poisons on their blade.

Should note, it also depends somewhat on the warrior hitting you, in this case you were up against Nightkiss boosted stats and L2 Wounding/Stat runes, a lot of people fall victim to 1h tendons at that point.

Thing is, unless they use refresh skill and blow a crap ton of power, most of the damage on you is going to be from normal attacks, not assaults. Rebounding, parry, block, and stances are all huge in getting you enough time to heal up your wounds, but you still want the DMP, if you're two assault amputate, they'll just bleed you out.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Psh, cutting and blunt dmp tattoos. What a waaaaste
  • There are a few skills that can help reduce wounds as well but the reduction is very minor. Acrobatics has one to reduce them on attacks that target the limbs and brewmeistery has one that reduces wounds to the gut.

But like I said the protection isn't that much.

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Phudmog said:
    Thanks guys.  I've got a shield (saving up for that rune, hehe), but here's a follow-up.  Is it better to use a greatshield (and in weaponprobe, I'll see: "It is not being used to its maximum potential."), or to go for a kiteshield?  Sometimes, the reduced stats on the greatshield are still better than the kiteshield.

@turnus: The genesis of the question was from a single assault getting a tendon, but those other ways to reduce wounding through hindering and stance/rebound/parry are appreciated.
    This point is moot once you get the shield rune, but it sounds like you're just using a low-quality greatshield. I believe the reduction is 40% of the original stats of greatshields when wielding as a non-warrior. A "good" greatshield should have around 40/40 stats (usually greater, the top average is more like 42/42) - which puts it around 24/24 with the reduction. I haven't seen a kite shield in years, but I'm guessing the stats are lower than that, and it even sounds like a bug that the 40% reduction is not also applying to them.
  • Kelly said:
    This point is moot once you get the shield rune, but it sounds like you're just using a low-quality greatshield. I believe the reduction is 40% of the original stats of greatshields when wielding as a non-warrior. A "good" greatshield should have around 40/40 stats (usually greater, the top average is more like 42/42) - which puts it around 24/24 with the reduction. I haven't seen a kite shield in years, but I'm guessing the stats are lower than that, and it even sounds like a bug that the 40% reduction is not also applying to them.
    It's true - I found a usable one in a shop somewhere... I think the reduced stats on the greatshield are 22/22, so it's not top-quality.  I'm not sure where kiteshields max out, which is kind of what I was asking in a roundabout way.

Not that the shield stats matter at all on the legs.  I guess I get to live with 1-hit tendons from Mork until I can trans tailoring and get some Splendours.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    The stat reduction does not apply until you actually wield the shield, so if you were just weapon probing a kite shield in a shop or in your inventory, then it's probably not an accurate comparison. Again, this is assuming that the stats are also reduced for kite shields, as in my mind it should.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Invest demon with shackles.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Silvanus said:
    Invest demon with shackles.
    cheater