I would buy that artifact IF….. Artifact review.

Comments

• Ixchilgal said:
    Also, for divine artifacts?  Mark of the Devoted Servant?  It wasn't worth 400 credits before godrealm mobs got nerfed to 8 hour reset periods.  It certainly isn't anymore.

Similarly, Shadow Shroud isn't worth 500 credits.  Unless it had some feature I wasn't aware of, when I had mine, it was just nifty not having to remember to put up Yesod all the time.

I have always though that about the Shadow Shroud, it is very low level in high magic, it is just a pain to have to switch in order to get the ability but certainly much much cheaper than investing the credits for that artifact.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    edited December 2013
    Okay I'mma jump on the Divine Manna train. I have too much goddamned essence and I wanna buy a second trade skill but I'm not willing to give up my current powers! 

Side note, a solution perhaps? Turn Divine Manna down in price and what it gives and make it similiar to how the beast -oru works? 1 manna is worth so many points, up to a cap?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Gonna agree with Ixchilgal on his post. 90% of the reason I would buy a font/mark/dingbat beads/symbol for an artifact is, quite frankly, the swag factor. It looks cool, my divine customized it, and I like having shinies.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think these sorts of things need to be cheapened so much that every Tomtom, d'Lardick and Har'ii can have one and they lose their coolness factor, but I do feel they're a bit pricy for what they so. 400 credits is a lot to spend on an item that just saves me from having to find a shrine. The mark that reduces karma cost for shrine effects? I don't even -use- shrine effects, and most of the people who do, just offer corpses/esteem and spend essence for it. The symbol is likely the most handy out of the three, and I don't influence enough to make up for the 400 credits I spent buying it.

tl;dr - if you cut the prices in half, you'd probably sell more than twice as many as you do now.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    The karma costs for shrine effects actually make it difficult to balance out your karma blessings + karma divine blessings. So yes, it's far easier to just get it straight with essence
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    The Celerity blessing without a mark is 60% by itself.

When I go on bash sprees, I like to be able to redo one of three karma blessings an hour + celerity + possibly heal shrine depending on the circumstances.

The font is only really useful for 2 hour icewynd trips to kill downtime. Both are exceptionally niche items, I agree, but rather than reduce cost, what other functions could you see being attached to them?

Personally, for example, I wish the mark reduced essence costs for area effect spells by a %, and offerings via your font boost the amount of essence generated for your (owned or member of) cult from 10% to 20%.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I would buy the pliers if they were at least 1/3 the price, and even that is still overpriced for an artifact that only allows you to use artifacts that you already purchased.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    All warrior runes are too expensive considering the comparative investment to be an artied caster. Pliers are just ridiculous. As are the skill flex arties. I think the dingbat nose is way too damn cheap.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    The Figurine Rune
    PRICE REDUCTION

Current Price: 425 credits ($150 USD)
    Suggested Price: 275 credits ($100 USD)

Assume that:
    1 (one) unit of esteem sells for 20 (twenty) gold sovereigns
    1 (one) figurine sells for 5000 (five thousand) gold sovereigns
    Gathering 300 (three hundred) esteem takes approximately 1 (one) hour
    1 (one) credit sells for 23,000 (twenty three thousand) gold sovereigns on the market

Given the above assumptions, to have a chance of gathering the required gold to purchase this in game if you are a casual player who plays only for 3 (three) hours a day, it would take you 544 (five hundred forty four) days to collect the required esteem. If you are more of a hardcore player at play for 5 (five) hours a day, it would take you 326 (three hundred twenty six) days to collect the required esteem.

With my suggested changes, casual players would take 352 (three hundred fifty two) days, and hardcore 211 (two hundred eleven) days, to gather the required gold. Even this is a very steep price.

I cannot see how this item is currently making money for the game given as I have been informed that it doesn't really pay off unless you influence for 8+ (eight or more) hours a day with 20+ (twenty or more) charisma. For min-maxing influencers perhaps, but for more casual players, the investment is not worth it.

Please make the investment worth it.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Daevos said:
    I would buy the pliers if they were at least 1/3 the price, and even that is still overpriced for an artifact that only allows you to use artifacts that you already purchased.
    We've been requesting a pliers reduction for ages; they are considerably overpriced.  I've had that idea floating around for a long time to swap warrior weapon runes around to be affixable to a banner (instead of directly to a weapon), thus divorcing warriors from "requiring" pliers.  At that point, the prices can actually be reasonably balanced with the other classes and pliers can be dropped significantly.

It has not happened yet, but can always dream.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    There might be a significant change to them with the overhaul. Or at least, we can hope. 
  • For me, the biggest benefit of a figurine rune is being able to carry it on me at all times without the need for storage to keep it from decaying.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    PS: For those who don't remember it, this thread exists!

http://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/40/warrior-weapon-runes/p1

I still really, really wish this would happen.  Please make it so.  Pretty please?
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Ah, but you would cut down the extremely large revenue stream they earn from the two people per year that decide to fully artifact out a single weapon.

Because, you know, selling two things at $1,000 is much better than ten things at $250.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I don't even have a dog in that race but I think it's an awesome idea.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I love the idea of knight combat.  Every single alt I've made has been in a knight guild.  Then I go "wait a sec, for maximum efficiency I have to give them how much?!" and then the alt goes inactive and is eventually deleted.

Maybe I shouldn't care so much about being super effective, but I do rather enjoy the pvp side of things, and going into a fight with a butterknife instead of a flamberge is just stupid.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    But I make more than 300 esteem an hour....*twidfle*
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Siam said:
    But I make more than 300 esteem an hour....*twidfle*
    But as you've said, you have 24 Charisma.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Tarkenton said:
    I love the idea of knight combat.  Every single alt I've made has been in a knight guild.  Then I go "wait a sec, for maximum efficiency I have to give them how much?!" and then the alt goes inactive and is eventually deleted.

Maybe I shouldn't care so much about being super effective, but I do rather enjoy the pvp side of things, and going into a fight with a butterknife instead of a flamberge is just stupid.
    Except the warrior rune thing is not about 'maximum' effectiveness. It's about being able to accomplish anything.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I am a noob influencer. I do not have Quiet Mind! :weep: I demand a Quiet Mind artifact.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Silly people. These artifacts are these prices because people will pay that much for them. If people would stop buying them, prices might lower eventually
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Shaddus said:
    Silly people. These artifacts are these prices because people will pay that much for them. If people would stop buying them, prices might lower eventually
    Because everyone in game has pliers. I doubt there's more than 5 in the whole playerbase... and even if there's more, it's hardly much more.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I would buy a gilded cage if it had been one of the artifacts from the last auction to be converted to general sale.

I also think more people would have bothered with the beast whips if minor breath had a reduced mana cost vs denizens.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Elanorwen said:
    Tarkenton said:

Except the warrior rune thing is not about 'maximum' effectiveness. It's about being able to accomplish anything.

This is not true and people really need to stop saying it. The arties can stand to be cheaper to compare with caster runes, but warrior is perfectly viable without them.

Perpetuatin myths does not solve probleeeeeemmmmsss.

• Celina, if you want to make the argument that weapon runes are unnecessary for Warriors, start naming names. Which warriors excel with no runes at all? I would be surprised if you can name many non-Cavaliers in the current age.
  • Celina, why don't you try BEING a warrior? I know I couldn't do jack shit without runes. And I tried *hard*. Once I got them life becamse *tolerable.*
    edited April 2014

Funny you should ask.

I have actually been a warrior (before the last round of buffs to power attacks and the diminishing returns from high end robes) both artied and unartied. I started out with no artifacts and added level 2 everythings after several months because the wheel was broken and I got a ton of easy credits. WHILE IT IS DIFFICULT (and takes a lot of coding know how), it is not impossible to be successful. The floor, admittedly, is lower for warriors than most other archetypes. But it's totally doable, it's just a difficult class to play. Difficult is not the same as not viable or not capable of being successful and excelling.

So there you go. Someone who played warrior without arties and was successful in pk. She was named Celina.   

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited April 2014
    Most warriors won't agree with you at all and for good reason. It's really in no one's recent memory when you were last a warrior and I doubt anyone other than yourself can really vouch for any real feats as one. So saying "Celina was a great warrior, just ask Celina!" doesn't prove much. Difficulty does relate to viability. It's really not possible without runes to compete against an opponent who has decent robes, curing and knows how to use his skills. You'll have an easy time against squishies, but I don't consider that being viable at all. 
    The ceiling on warrior is lower than other classes, and without runes, you're not going to be a 1v1 all-star. You can as another class though.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I think it's a bit much to sit here and claim that 'combat is not possible without runes against anyone with decent robes, curing and know how' 

That can be said for any class, Look at bards, anyone with a brain with just gust you the second you put down octave, It's why I primarily go for soulless 1v1 against people because octave is just too easy to get around and that's with cement socks (it doesn't help that beastgust ignores all rooting at the moment either). Even then, anyone smart will just walk away or stop my soulless without much trouble. 

Do runes make it noticeably a lot easier to compete? Yes, yes they do. Is it impossible to kill people (people fitting the above criteria) without runes? No it's not. The issue is that any kind of setback you face (hitting stance/parry, rebounding, hindering etc) has a much more noticeable effect. Have any warriors in recent memory been good enough to kill people without runes. No, they haven't, but that in of itself isn't justification or a reason to say that 'it's impossible without runes'

For full disclosure, druid, bard, mage are all infinitely easier than warrior to play, there's a lot going on with warrior that makes it difficult. Runes are part of it, but I don't really think they are the major cause of it. You have parry, stancing, rebounding, armour stats, shield runes, kata deflect, and to top it off, RNG to compete with. It's by far the toughest class in Lusternia, hands down.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    edited April 2014
    Blah blah edit edit. What Sidd said. Btw, stating someone's experience doesn't count because no one is vouching for them is extremely stupid. No one experienced my experience but me. Because it was my experience.
    edited April 2014
    Edited