Warrior Weapon Runes

13»

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

1) gripping and shield runes aren't critical to high tier combat. Useful, yes. Required, not at all. I have a gripping just because I got irritated with my athame decaying. Never had one before that.

2)Since whatever you attach a shield rune replaces a shield, and caster weapons are all one handed, you don't actually have to trade in your runes. It is now a fully functional shield for use in any guild. Can spend 50 credits to customize it if the RP is off, worst case scenario. Viynain is a Pyro with a shield runed athame, for example.  

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Shieldrunes are a bigger deal now a days since shieldstats were nerfed a while back, I forget what the best shield is now, but 52/52 is loads above regular shield stats.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Synkarin said:
    Shieldrunes are a bigger deal now a days since shieldstats were nerfed a while back, I forget what the best shield is now, but 52/52 is loads above regular shield stats.
    Generally somewhere around 40/40, and then with reduced effectiveness because they are not a warrior.

Shield rune is just amazing in comparison.
  • edited April 2014
    The key point of this discussion is that the implementation of artifact runes has a severe limitation that is only addressed by an extremely expensive artifact. One question matters above all else in this situation: Is the current state better than for the game and the players than it would be if additional and cheaper options were offered?

For example, let's say that a limited form of pliers was created as an artifact. If that happened, I know how it would affect my behavior. I would go out and buy it in an instant. In that moment, there would be mutual benefit for me and for the game. On the other hand, there is no way that I'm paying for the pliers at the current price.

That's just one data point though. One person out of the player base, and it's not strong enough incentive to induce action. But what if  I am not alone? I can only predict my own behavior but I believe that many others feel the same, and this thread is evidence of that. It was created over a year and a half ago, but the concern extends further back then.

If you believe that the game will be better if the price of pliers was re-evaluated or additional options were created to address artifact runes, don't be quiet about it. That's all I ask.