Break Those Chains That Bind You(Sotsepmet and Alary)

Portia, the Little Morsel Who Could frowns and says, "Seeing hurt conflicts with my mind."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "Hurt heightens everything. Conflict engenders power and peace."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "When death draws close, life is savoured."

Portia, the Little Morsel Who Could looks skeptical and says, "I try to live ignorantly and innocently ."

Sotsepmet's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Sotsepmet hums a happy tune.

Portia, the Little Morsel Who Could looks skeptical and says, "It keeps me happy ."

Sotsepmet shrugs helplessly.

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "Who I am, or who I was, was made that way."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "Who is to say that I might not become something different."

Portia, the Little Morsel Who Could frowns and says, "The world seeks to ruin my innocence ."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes whispers, "I bring Damnation."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes seems to shrink, and hunches his shoulders.

Sotsepmet leaves to the northeast. 

~Travel Spam~

You say, "Stop that."

Sotsepmet scowls miserably.

You say, "I bring death and destruction and fire, some people just don't like that."

You say, "Be yourself."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "I am the Prophet of the Weaver. I bring despair, I bring lies and chaos."

You say, "Sot."

You say, "Look."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "I am the son of Magnagora, and my soul writhes on His Web."

You hug Sotsepmet compassionately.

Sotsepmet gives a chilling symbol of despair the once-over, eyeing it suspiciously.

Sotsepmet gives a hideous archdemon the once-over, eyeing him suspiciously.
A hideous archdemon flaps his enormous wings and growls dangerously.

You say, "Be who you are, nothing more, nothing less."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "Who I am is not something that can safely survive here."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "My power comes from damnation, and I am corruption."

Sotsepmet mutters while holding a chilling symbol of despair tightly before him. When he shifts his hands, the ghostly visage of a deathmark can be seen imposed upon its surface.

Softly, you say, "Then find your place."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "What do I do? I have two options."

You say, "Or will yourself to change."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "I keep my faith with my Prince and bring ruin in dark places."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "Or I break faith and become nothing, exiled among heretics."

Quietly, you say, "What is your Will, Sotsepmet. What do YOU want to do."

You say, "Follow your heart, go where you will be happy."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "My will is my Lord's, and it has been that way since my birth. Happiness is a lie, like love, and I have no claim to it."

You say, "Bno."

You say, "No."

You say, "You have your own Will, you are clouded, you do not see it, but it is there. I see it."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes growls, and blood trickles between his scales.

You say, "Hate me for what I am about to say, but listen. At least listen."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes grows still and cold, and his faces loses any trace of emotion.

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "Speak, Archmage."

You say, "You have Will, you always have. You may have suppressed it to follow your Lord's. But you have your own Will, every shard does. Even a viscanti. You have it, you simply need to find it again. Your heart, it does speak to you. You may have been deaf to it, you may have ignored it. I do not know. But it IS there, Sotsepmet. You have Will. So search, mortal. It's there. You simply have to look."

Sotsepmet utters a deep, rumbling laugh.

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "A heart? Me?"

You say, "Yes, you."

You say, "When I say heart, I do not mean the beating muscle in your chest."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "I am aware."

You say, "And having a heart does not make one lovey-dovey, or compassionate."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "What do I want? What does anyone want? Power over others. Dominion and luxury. Those are what matters. Right?"

You say, "Having heart means you feel. Even illithoids have heart, in a different way."

You shake your head.

You say, "They matter, but not as much as you would want to think."

You say, "Your Will, Sotsepmet, is much more. It transcends material wants."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "Everything I know, and all that I am, is antithesis to this place, its people. I stand in the centre of everything I ever wanted, and poison flows from me into everything."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes holds his head and wobbles on his feet.

Sotsepmet releases a cloud of stinking gas into your surroundings. You cannot help 
but inhale it and immediately vomit everywhere.

Blade in Ivory, Archmage Alary Ysav'rai, Ignited by Empassioned Wrath reaches out to steady Sotsepmet, locking gazes with him.

You say, "Then your Will is not here, then your Will leads you elsewhere."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "Then I should return to Magnagora and wage war on all of you?"

You say, "Magnagora is not at war with us."

The noxious cloud dissipates.

Sotsepmet shakes his head.

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "But I would be. If I leave, hatred would fly from the shadows to strike at each of you. Especially Him."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "And I do not want that."

You say, "Then change."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "All my life, I have been His inheritor, His heir, self-proclaimed."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes murmurs, "Change to what. An honest man?"

You say, "Reform yourself."

You shake your head.

You say, "There is no such thing as an honest man."

You say, "No."

You say, "Search your heart, mold yourself in His vision."

You say, "Do what I did, Sotsepmet."

Grimacing with disgust, Sotsepmet looks around with scornful contempt at what he sees before him.

You say, "Offer yourself to your Divine, let Them mold you. Let Them change you. Follow Their lead."

You say, "No longer live for yourself, live for Him."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "I... Give... myself to Him? The Weaver has myself, wrapped and barbed in Nil."

You say, "His word will become law, His word will become your gospel. His teachings, your new home."

You say, "Break it."

You say, "Break your chains, Sotsepmet."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "There is no breaking the Web. I tied it myself."

Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."

Comments

• You say, "There is always a way."

You say, "You're not trying hard enough."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "I, alone of all mortals living or dead, found His hands on my throat and his eyes on mine."

You say, "I'm only giving you what I did."

You say, "I went to Them with no chains to bind myself."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "I will not go to Crumkane for this. I would blacken His rivers and turn sugar to salt."

You say, "He is Lord Crumkane, you will blacken nothing."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "In the first month of my citizenship, I rallied people against Parua, for daring to stand between Crumkane and myself."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "Today, I said the right things and informed the right people, and had something thrown from the city because I didn't like him."

Sharply, you say, "Sotsepmet."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "Over the years, I have done these things a hundred times over. I have had young people hung, and the sick beaten."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "I have been clean, smiling, and deadly."

You say, "You did NOT get him thrown out of the city, hear me now. He's been a problem for MONTHS, we've been actively planning to get rid of him."

You say, "Then be that person, but for Lord Crumkane."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "You've read the Recipe, I hope. It is forbidden."

You say, "If that is all you know, go to Him. Offer yourself to Him. Be clear with Him, this is who you are. Tell Him. Use me. Use me how you will. Let me be Yours. He will know what to with you."

You say, "Recipe?"

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "If pleasure is the greatest good, is it not then evil to rob another of it?"

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes frowns, and a flicker of rage sparks through his eyes.

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "I am through being a pawn."

Sotsepmet hurls a chilling symbol of despair southeast.

You say, "The first step has been taken."

You say, "Good."

You say, "This is good."

You beam broadly at Sotsepmet.

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "There is no good here."

You say, "Then make the good, bring the good."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "There is betrayal, old hate, and rage no longer concealed."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "I am the greatest chef in the Basin, and I will no longer be denied."

You say, "Good! Excellent!"

You point accusingly at a hideous archdemon.
    A hideous archdemon flaps his enormous wings and growls dangerously.

You say, "Dismiss him."

A hideous archdemon says, "You are nothing, Master. You are slave and thrall under me, and Baalphegar knows, and Baalphegar comes."

A hideous archdemon says, "You have not the power to dismiss me."

You say, "Then I have the power to kill you, demon."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says to you, "He is correct. Without Nil, I am not his master."

You say, "I stand with Sotsepmet."

You say to Sotsepmet, "Would you like me to?"
    A hideous archdemon says, "You stand with the dead and buried. You will all fall together, and you will scream on His Webs."

You say, "Nothing brings me down, demon. Nothing. So long as I stand with Them, so long as I am Theirs, nothing will take me."

You say, "Now, begone, demon, before I remove you myself."

A hideous archdemon says, "Insolent worm, I see you. Bow before the might of Nil."

A hideous archdemon forms a ball of darkness in his palm, then hurls it at you, striking you full in the chest. Shadowy tendrils burst forth and slither over your skin.

You point your staff at a hideous archdemon, and the burning ball at its tip flares and shoots a stream of liquid fire that blasts a hideous archdemon, scorching his flesh.

Sotsepmet raises a palm which glows with a tiny pinpoint of light. The light turns into a sparkling current of energy that slams into a hideous archdemon, dissolving his flesh.

Sotsepmet raises a palm which glows with a tiny pinpoint of light. The light turns into a sparkling current of energy that slams into a hideous archdemon, dissolving his flesh.
    Screaming and writhing in agony, a hideous archdemon dies in the coruscating fountain of cosmic fire.
    A hideous archdemon has been slain by Sotsepmet.
    Sotsepmet suddenly scoops up the corpse of a hideous archdemon.

You clap your hands together merrily.

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes seethes with rage, visibly clenching his teeth.

You say, "The second step, Sotsepmet."

You say, "You do well, you do very well."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes whispers, "I will NOT. BE. RESTRAINED."

You say, "Good, fight it. Break the chains."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes closes his eyes for a long moment.

You say, "Your title, it must be changed, at least in part."

You attempt to grin, but something goes terribly wrong.

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "I am still the Black Chef."

You say, "And you must embrace something new, to fill the void."

You say, "Not that part."

You tilt your head and listen intently to Sotsepmet.

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "But I hereby renounce Baalphegar, and I spit on His lies."

You say, "If you do not think it needs to be changed, leave it."

You say, "Good, good."

You say, "You are doing it!"

You say, "Do you feel your Will, Sotsepmet?"

You say, "Can you feel that thrill?"

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "Without Him, I am rage and darkness."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "I reject the Carillon, and I reject the Duke."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "I reject the hungers of Gorgulu."

You nod your head emphatically.

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "I reject the Amaranth Queen, and her house."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "I reject the Master, the Beast on his Throne. I claim the sum of me, and I claim freedom."

You say, "Excellent!"

You see Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes yell, "FREEDOM!"

You yell, "The chains that bind you are now broken, be free, Sotsepmet, be you."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "I am no lich, and Nil's power will no longer sustain me."

Sotsepmet spits on the ground in disgust.

Portia, the Little Morsel Who Could yells, "Shout that for all to hear!"

Impresario Subotai Ysav'rai, Seeker of Refinement yells, "Freedom for all, and a harlot in every bed."

Portia, the Little Morsel Who Could yells, "Bad words!"

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "I am left with nothing."

Chaote Xadari Erid'in yells, "Lady of the night?"

You say, "No."

You say, "No, Sotsepmet."

You say, "You are left with choices, with open roads ahead of you."

You say, "Not nothing, no. You have paths before you, and it is up to you to pick which one."

You say, "Who do you want to be, Sotsepmet? What role do you want to fill?"

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "There are many things I need to do first."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "The power of a lifetime worn to dust in a day."

Sotsepmet smiles softly.

You beam broadly at Sotsepmet.

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "If Mother could see me now."

You say to Sotsepmet, "You did it! You did it, you are embracing it!"

You run up to Sotsepmet and envelop him in a massive bearhug.

Sotsepmet scowls miserably.

You say, "Ah, sorry. I'm happy for you."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "I just tore down my life and turned on my faith. I am not owed happiness for this."

You say, "But you are."

You say, "You deserve all of the happiness."

You say, "You broke the chains that bound you. The shackles that contained you. That is cause for happiness."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "There are many things I do not deserve, and optimism is one of them. I make no mistake - Baalphegar has chased me through this plane before, and for much lesser insults."

You say, "And I will stand with you."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "I will consider the Pyromancers and the Illuminati in the future."

You say, "And nothing can take you back."

Looking tired, Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "Yes, They can."

You say, "I stand with you, Sotsepmet. You are free to call of me whenever you wish or need to."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "We will see what I can do, without demonic power."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes murmurs, "Who I will become..."

Supreme Black Chef Most High Sotsepmet n'Lochli, Prince of Dark Fetes says, "You fought well against Dolor. He will be missed."

You say, "I suspect someone great, Sotsepmet."
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Nooooooooooooooooooo. I'm telling Baalphegar.

• Baalphegar is gonna give you a spanking. >:|
  • This is a wonderful log.

Most excellent RP.