Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I'm not aware of anyone else trying to pk as a rogue, and I don't think it can possibly work for anyone except a psionicist, at a decent tier of fighting.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Enyalida said:
    I'm not aware of anyone else trying to pk as a rogue, and I don't think it can possibly work for anyone except a psionicist, at a decent tier of fighting.
    Requires a lot of artifacts prior to being orgless and not even a Psionicist can solo anymore rogue to be fair >_> it's not supported anymore with the nerfs!
  • @Nocht @Crumkane @anyoftheadmin

can we break all this combat talk off into its own thread? Moar tweets, less posturing, please
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
    No
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    After hating combat with a passion for a long long time, I have to admit I have enjoyed dabbling in it, in recent months. I am still the eternal non-com, and I really only know how to be helpful in group situations or to support someone else, but it's been surprisingly fun, and satisfying.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne

Celina said:
    Grief, be griefed, zerg, get zerged.Just play.
    I think this is something really valuable to work into, mindset-wise.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Elayde said:
    Honestly, I've gotten so bored by the combat. I was gung-ho at first, but to me, it's just frustrating and without Talan around, I feel very unmotivated. :( I guess she took a break from Lusty (she did say she'd only be gone a few days, but it's been almost two months). Things feel rather stale in Hallifax lately, even with Jadice joining our pantheon and suchly.
    Yeah, sorry I can't help much in that regard (especially since I'm less knowledgeable about barding than anything else ever). I was hoping it was just because it was exam time, but we have quite a few people who are well out of school and I think they have either lost interest or simply don't have the time. They got rid of more people at my own place and some of the remaining ones are starting to slack off (since they know there's too few left for anyone else to get dropped now), so I'm back up to around 60~ hours a week again, and just have a few hours in the morning and evening on most days. Once my work day is done, my interest in doing things beyond general upkeep and keeping tabs on things tends to be minimal. Dunno how or when that's going to change.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Lorina said:
    So hmm.. I got four dolls... Two on two characters. Both characters got a banker gnewpie and a mage gnewpie. Is that a trend just for "mage/druid" folks?
    Just noticed this - I think the RNG must prefer favouring certain dolls in blocs, because I have three queens and three warriors, but got zero bards/mages/kings. My comm gnewpies are roughly in pairs too.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Lavinya said:
    After hating combat with a passion for a long long time, I have to admit I have enjoyed dabbling in it, in recent months. I am still the eternal non-com, and I really only know how to be helpful in group situations or to support someone else, but it's been surprisingly fun, and satisfying.
    This I most certainly agree with.  I'm not a combatant by any stretch of the imagination, I will sometimes go running off on Kagato to defend simply because that is the kind of character he is, but I will never go out of my way to be an active PvPer/Combatant.  That being said, I don't completely hate it either, it is fun to have the occasional brawl, I guess you could say I'm an EXTREMELY casual combatant.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Lavinya said:
    Really, that's where bards are best! If you're good at support, you're doing the job damn well. Keep at it :)
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Munsia said:
    Synkarin said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Munsia said:
    I like how this is people like you's response. I say let's go, and you just come up with some lame insult. Thank you for proving my point. GG, bye bye, enjoy sucking I guess? That's why we equate you to Caerlyr these days hon.
    Being that said alt has been gathering dust for the past.... 12 months? I don't even have basic settings, and she's not part of any organization presently, but okay, sure... I'll bring her out for you to play with.... why?

So what you're saying is that Munsia couldn't kill you over a year ago, and because of that, you're going to talk trash about it today? You realize how this sounds right?
    A year ago, for 1 year surrounding, I was orgless. So what she's saying is Elana didn't die to a Rogue, in which this game does not support Rogues, in fact I'm the only one who has ever successfully pk'd as a Rogue but it's exceedingly hampered. 

Munsia said:
    Synkarin said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Munsia said:
    I like how this is people like you's response. I say let's go, and you just come up with some lame insult. Thank you for proving my point. GG, bye bye, enjoy sucking I guess? That's why we equate you to Caerlyr these days hon.
    Being that said alt has been gathering dust for the past.... 12 months? I don't even have basic settings, and she's not part of any organization presently, but okay, sure... I'll bring her out for you to play with.... why?

So what you're saying is that Munsia couldn't kill you over a year ago, and because of that, you're going to talk trash about it today? You realize how this sounds right?
    A year ago, for 1 year surrounding, I was orgless. So what she's saying is Elana didn't die to a Rogue, in which this game does not support Rogues, in fact I'm the only one who has ever successfully pk'd as a Rogue but it's exceedingly hampered. 

And here I thought delusions if grandeur was just your character.
  • Vivet said:
    Elayde said:
    Honestly, I've gotten so bored by the combat. I was gung-ho at first, but to me, it's just frustrating and without Talan around, I feel very unmotivated. :( I guess she took a break from Lusty (she did say she'd only be gone a few days, but it's been almost two months). Things feel rather stale in Hallifax lately, even with Jadice joining our pantheon and suchly.
    Yeah, sorry I can't help much in that regard (especially since I'm less knowledgeable about barding than anything else ever). I was hoping it was just because it was exam time, but we have quite a few people who are well out of school and I think they have either lost interest or simply don't have the time. They got rid of more people at my own place and some of the remaining ones are starting to slack off (since they know there's too few left for anyone else to get dropped now), so I'm back up to around 60~ hours a week again, and just have a few hours in the morning and evening on most days. Once my work day is done, my interest in doing things beyond general upkeep and keeping tabs on things tends to be minimal. Dunno how or when that's going to change.

Oh, no, I definitely understand. I'm not harping on anyone! I promise.
    You can only harass your afk friends so much before you get bored of it...
    Arimisia said:
    Munsia said:
    You can only harass your afk friends so much before you get bored of it...
    Munsia tells you, "I luv chooo but not more than Bacon. I love noone more than I love bacon. Unless you became bacon, but then I'd have to eat you and you don't want that."

You were saying?

Oi
  • Library changes make me sad. I already miss the ability to MORE through the entire catalogue to pick things out, even if it does mean the query time is now a very small fraction of what it used to be.

Unless the delay I saw whenever I hit BROWSE ALL applied to everyone, in which case, um.
  • I think it did, yeah.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    edited May 2014
    Kalnid said:
    Library changes make me sad. I already miss the ability to MORE through the entire catalogue to pick things out, even if it does mean the query time is now a very small fraction of what it used to be.

Unless the delay I saw whenever I hit BROWSE ALL applied to everyone, in which case, um.
    I also very much miss moring for more. I don't think I like this change very much. More importantly for me, at least, I'd very much like to be able CONFIG to change if browsing shows the author's full title or just the name. Some of the titles are long enough that you can't find out who the author is without using LIBRARY INFO.

EDIT: Also, while BROWSE ALL is massively faster now, BROWSE AUTHOR PORTIUS still goes at the same slow speed it used to. It looks like the delay is just on BROWSE AUTHOR and not the other restricted  BROWSE commands, though.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • edited May 2014
    Random disconnects are the worst thing. Well, they're tied with unavoidable deaths in enemy territory. Goodbye, experience I earned today! 
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    To dwarf or not to dwarf.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited May 2014
    Eiylae said:
    Random disconnects are the worst thing. Well, they're tied with unavoidable deaths in enemy territory. Goodbye, experience I earned today! 
    Turn on the server-side autosipper (CURING AUTOHEAL ON) if you have not already, it can give you that vital extra few seconds you need to be able to get back online again before you kick the bucket.  Has certainly saved Kagato's rear on more than one occasion since it can be set up to use Vials, scrolls and sparkleberries, thus keeping your health at a safe level - of course you do run the risk of double-sipping if you have the percentage set at the same level that your normal sipper goes at, but it is a negligible cost anyway.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
    To self destruct onto admin for treating everything surrounding Lusternia like it's middle school...or not to self destruct.

No seriously though what's with all the changes to the game and the policing that belongs in middle/elementary school? Internetz be internetz. Stop trying to police it into this perfect society where only people who are from the 60's belong. 
  • @munsia you would make a great Stepford wife......

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Munsia said:
    To self destruct onto admin for treating everything surrounding Lusternia like it's middle school...or not to self destruct.

No seriously though what's with all the changes to the game and the policing that belongs in middle/elementary school? Internetz be internetz. Stop trying to police it into this perfect society where only people who are from the 60's belong. 
    I appreciate that you have finally changed your signature; thank you. :)
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Enyalida said:
    Um...? Tracker warrior is the prototypical rogue class.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    The soul of Caerlyr says, "Dude, you can kill me in two hits, you fucktard."

Ahhh maturity.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Munsia said:

Self destruct.

• Siam said:
    The soul of Caerlyr says, "Dude, you can kill me in two hits, you fucktard."

Ahhh maturity.
    frustration. Extreme frustration. 
    is dead like the dodo
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Well, we ARE talking about the guy who gets frustrated when he gets killed by multiple people, but doesn't see an issue with killing other people with his own group.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
This discussion has been closed.