Last fight of the FFA: Avurekhos versus Nayl

2»

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Monks having a no mo/power cost affliction spammer they can build momentum off? How has this never been an issue bef.. oh wait.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Ushaara said:
    Do ninjas really have a zero momentum, zero power, zero wounding, no grapple pre-req windpipe? :(

Yes, but in this case it's about as scary as a BC who opens with windpipes. AKA not that big of a deal in context. Ninjakari are realy bitches to fight but it's not because of windpipe.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Yes, they do have one.

And it can be a huge bitch in group combat with throatlock/aeon
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor

Celina said:
    Ushaara said:
    Do ninjas really have a zero momentum, zero power, zero wounding, no grapple pre-req windpipe? :(

Yes, but in this case it's about as scary as a BC who opens with windpipes. AKA not that big of a deal in context. Ninjakari are realy bitches to fight but it's not because of windpipe.
    Was thinking more for group context alright. If I scanned their ABs right, I don't think they can tendon+pipe in the one form, which might make it 'monk-balanced' with the double poison req. Though windpipe on demand at no cost is just annoying to see coming from BC where double crush doesn't guarantee it, even with wounds. :(
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Double crush can also kill you. Windpipe is not that scary, and much less so than a myriad of other afflictions. Monks are not balanced, but I think the monk v warrior argument is just really played out.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited May 2014
    Rivius said:

Oh, let's not try to forget that Avurekhos doesn't buy credits and thus isn't omnitrans nor have the artifacts, robes or even some of the defensive skillsets he needs to fight 100%. Sometimes you people take for granted that you have that from playing for many years.

Talan has Really Great Robes for sale in Hallifax! Beware though, they're quite pricey.

EDIT: Speaking of @Talan, I really hope she's doing alright. Haven't heard from her since she posted about her accident.

• edited May 2014
    Celina said:

I think that sounded harsh, but whatever. If you are going to lean on cheeseball combat, I'm going to say it.

I agree... it did sound a bit harsh, however your point could have been summarised a touch more succinctly, without being so aggressive.

Same goes to @Munsia. I know how you talk, I'm just pointing at it, since you disagree with others taking the high horse.
    However, your point also stands.

Celina said:

PS: Yes, I am a jerk. I don't feel obligated to give fake nice combat advice if they're just going to lean on blackout mashing.

Redeemed, at least you noticed the tone :P
    Maligorn said:
    EDIT: No offense to Nayl. Ninjakari can basically glare at anyone and they start bleeding for 1k health.

EDIT DEUS: I think the Stealth Waylay in the middle was especially a good move.
    Edit One: 
    I have 2x bleeding runes, and the bleeding gets worse the more wounded. I know Ninja's bleed lots, however I feel like it's our only reliable kill.
    Edit Deus: 
    Thanks, I had to slow down his melding, this was probably the first comment I noticed wherein something constructive was noted.

Maligorn said:
    (does Avurekhos read the forums?)
    I let him know, so he could see.

Anyway... I'm glad to have actually caused something to happen in the Combat Category. 
    Thanks for all of your responses; whether the wording was aggressive or not because it's generated some interest and hopefully, someone will learn from something positive from this to move forward with and improve the game for everyone.
    Is also the Shintar.
  • Is the bleeding supposed to get heavier if you're more wounded? I haven't seen that from nekotai, even with my own bleeding runes. I'll give that a test. If it's a misweave, it may be a severe one. I do feel Ninjakari bleeding is over the top. Nekotai's probably at that point too, and it isn't nearly as strong!
  • I know damage is supposed to get more, idk about bleeding
  • Afaik, the Ninjas don't have a wound based bleeder, but I could be misremembering. Ninja bleeding, however, is heads and shoulders ahead of Nekotai bleeding. Theoretically, the Neko can put out more bleeding than any monk (or any class) if our vessels proc 3 vessels every time we kick. But in terms of reliable, actual bleed from attacks, the Neko don't compare with the numbers from the other monk guilds.

• No wound based anything, really. All of Ninjakari stuff is pretty much momentum based (due to modifiers, obviously, and things costing momentum to use) Do have 3 bleed mods, though, with illgathoru, gouge and ochai.