Looking to make a change coming back to Lusternia

No, I haven't decided what City/Commune.

I'm actually more looking for some advice on archetypes. I've never really gotten combat, but I've always wanted to learn. I can find something in the RP of each org I like, but I'm really curious as to what archetypes are easier to get into combat with right now? It's such a shifting landscape that I know anything I might have gleaned from a year or more back is likely completely wrong now, and as per the previous comment about not 'getting' combat, it was probably wrong then too :)

I've spent a little time as a Cantor and as a Shadowdancer, but not much time with anything else. I'm fairly quick to learn and am fairly handy with slinging lua, so coding requirements and the like I'm unconcerned with. 

It should perhaps be noted that I'm not looking to spend a lot of real $$ on this, though I may reactivate my iron membership after I've kept at it for a couple of weeks.

Thanks in advance for any help. Not marking this as a question since I'm not sure there's any one 'right' answer to accept.

Comments

• It really depends on whether you want to focus on group combat or solo combat and what level of complexity you're looking for.

If you want a really simple setup for fighting that will make you really useful in group situations but isn't so hot for solo then the chem specs with runes are great. High damage, active and passive hinders and depending on the chem spec you choose some group splitting potential.

For solo combat and great hindering in groups at the cost of a bit more complexity then Guardians/Wiccans are great.
  • Complexity I'm ok with... I'd definitely prefer not to only be viable in a group fight, though. 
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Guardians/Wiccans are probably the strongest all around solo archetypes

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

Guardians/Wiccans are definitely the best mobile solo PVPers. Also have great group support as well!

For simplicity, I would go bard. Has a lower ceiling though, but a very high floor. Meh solo potential. You have to accept that there are some people you won't ever kill without help.

Tahtetso, shofangi, and Ninjakari are all pretty fantastic solo too, but suffer from no one wanting to fight you because your mechanics are stupid, and no way real immediate burst potential. Most people will just just go "lolmonk" and leave. Nekotai, while they can be brutal, have a lot of wind up time.

Druids are, IMO, the best if you don't mind being immobile or only situationally terrifying. Double attrition fall asleep at your keyboard mode.