Transferring Credits

Just a quick one: Are we allowed to transfer credits between alts? I never thought it was something allowed but could have sworn I read something saying it is now? Or did I just make that up?

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Officially it has been:
    OOC credits can be transferred without penalty (these are credits that you get via OOC means, such as buying on the website or winning bardics).
    IC credits should not be transferred (credits gained via means such as buying from your guild or org during credit sales, and that kind of thing).
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    You're allowed to transfer them when they're gained oocly - ie bardics, greathunts, website purchases. Otherwise you're not supposed to, no.

• edited June 2014
    Don't get me started on great hunts.
    I don't know how they're POSSIBLY considered OOC.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Great Hunts are something your character participates in, your name turns up on a scoreboard etc.

How in the blue hell they're considered OOC I have no idea.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited June 2014
    Bad admin decisions.
  • They should really just award bound credits. 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
    Rialorm said:
    They should really just award bound credits. 
    In the lower tiers absolutely, I'm undecided about the Demigod tier as you can't really cheese that with an alt.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Hrm, I transferred a couple of ic credits to an alt, so not wanting to break any rules I've went to go send them back and they've disappeared. Neither character has them. Now there is the possibility I've typod and sent them to someone random....it's only 3 credits so I'm not too worried about getting them back, just want to make sure the mistake is rectified and I don't get seen as breaking rules.
  • Karlach said:
    Rialorm said:
    In the lower tiers absolutely, I'm undecided about the Demigod tier as you can't really cheese that with an alt.
    You mean nobody has pulled it off yet. Probably can be done in theory. But if the lower tiers are bound, so should be the higher for sake of fairness.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
    Hey! Don't disagree with me because you don't like it, I wasn't giving an opinion, I was stating a fact. They are considered by admin to be ooc when gained via those methods. :(

Rialorm said:
    Karlach said:
    Rialorm said:
    You mean nobody has pulled it off yet. Probably can be done in theory. But if the lower tiers are bound, so should be the higher for sake of fairness.
    Well no, it's not a case of pulling it off, because you're always going to be competing with the artied demigods and destro spamming Ascendants in that tier. If someone wins that and decides to transfer the credits elsewhere, so be it. You've chosen to invest in a less powerful character (because who uses their second string to win the Demigod+ tier greathunt?)

Whereas making an alt and cheesing the lower tiers that are suppose to be for new players and slow levellers, then transferring the credits to your main, is taking the michael.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Karlach said:
    Rialorm said:
    Karlach said:
    Rialorm said:
    Well no, it's not a case of pulling it off, because you're always going to be competing with the artied demigods and destro spamming Ascendants in that tier. If someone wins that and decides to transfer the credits elsewhere, so be it. You've chosen to invest in a less powerful character (because who uses their second string to win the Demigod+ tier greathunt?)

Whereas making an alt and cheesing the lower tiers that are suppose to be for new players and slow levellers, then transferring the credits to your main, is taking the michael.
    Whoa, whoa. We Michaels who make alts resent that implication, sir.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    You know, being an experience player doesn't make the new character in the lower levels any more of an artied up win machine. Just saying. Ban transferring between characters, sure, or make them bound for everyone, but some people legitimately alt and shouldn't be punished for being competetive :/

At low levels the only thing that matters is coding and experience, then timing your suicides so you don't go over the level cap.

• Lavinya said:
    Hey! Don't disagree with me because you don't like it, I wasn't giving an opinion, I was stating a fact. They are considered by admin to be ooc when gained via those methods. :(
    Stupid forums, I clicked it off after I did it because I know it wasn't an opinion, but it stayed!